Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car bonnet damaged in valet

Options
  • 16-02-2012 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

i recently took up an offer via groupon for a valet tyre tracking and balancing at a tyre centre in cork city.
    car came out reasonably clean, when i got home i noticed a two inch deep gach in the bonnet that wasnt there before, i try and look after the car as its only two years old.
    my wife took the car back to the company, and surprise surprise they denied it was them that caused the scratch.
    quote from a panel beater is 250 as the whole bonnet has to be resprayed, he advised going back with a solicitor, but that seems like throwing more money away, any advice ?
    im very tempted to name and shame the company to stop others getting caught, oh i just remembered they said they didnt bother with the tracking and balancing as the fella drove it down the hill and it seemed ok ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

The trouble is you would need to notify before you took the car off the premises to satisfy that it MUST have happened there. I doubt there's anything you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

The trouble is you would need to notify before you took the car off the premises to satisfy that it MUST have happened there. I doubt there's anything you can do.
    i was thinking that
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

oh i just remembered they said they didnt bother with the tracking and balancing as the fella drove it down the hill and it seemed ok ?

:mad:
    Cowboys!!!! Just threathen legal action repeatedly and say you will name and shame them online and to eveyrone you know. Tell them you'll get in touch with the groupon company as well.

After that I think your on your own. The €250 repairs will be cheaper than legal aid (I presume).

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

would ye be able to take them to small claims court it only costs €12 or €15

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Conchurl wrote: »
    would ye be able to take them to small claims court it only costs €12 or €15

Still have to be able to prove something in small claims court, otherwise its just a meaningless claim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

Cabaal wrote: »
    Still have to be able to prove something in small claims court, otherwise its just a meaningless claim.

but would it put these people under a bet of pressure and they will know that the op is serious, so they might give in.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Playing devil's advocate here, but what if the company weren't responsible? You can't name them without definite proof.

Can you say with 100% certainty that the scratch wasn't there before you got the valet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Jees, and there's me going to the trouble of going to a decent garage and paying good money to get my tracking and balancing done with some fancy equipment, when these guys can check it by driving it down the hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

i cant believe it just checking www.dealpage.ie and the same crowd are listed on there doing the offer again, i know the scratch was not there before hand, the panel beater that the quote came from said he gets people in all the time from the valeting places, he even said it looks like a buffing machine or a wheel of a hoover as its a perfect circular scratch,i guess i will have to put it down to experience.
    small claims court seems like a waste of time, the shop has cameras that we could check but i think they will be wiped by now

Advertisement