Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France v Ireland 6N refund of tickets - €32 on Ticket

Options
  • 16-02-2012 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey - I know that anyone that has a ticket for the game on Saturday can get a refund if they return it to the club they got it from or ticket sales company or whatever by 12pm Monday (20 Feb)...but my question is that I bought my ticket for €85 from the IRFU (my club) yet on the ticket it says the ticket cost €32. I have asked around and €85 was the face value for tickets in Ireland. Although if they say €32 on them does that mean that the face value for them in France was €32 and hence we will recieve a refund of €32??

If anyone know anything about this it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Slither89 wrote: »
    Hey - I know that anyone that has a ticket for the game on Saturday can get a refund if they return it to the club they got it from or ticket sales company or whatever by 12pm Monday (20 Feb)...but my question is that I bought my ticket for €85 from the IRFU (my club) yet on the ticket it says the ticket cost €32. I have asked around and €85 was the face value for tickets in Ireland. Although if they say €32 on them does that mean that the face value for them in France was €32 and hence we will recieve a refund of €32??

If anyone know anything about this it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

I guess face value means what it says on the ticket. €32 sounds very cheap though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Why would you be charged €85 if the ticket was only worth €32 and you got it through a club ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

MungBean wrote: »
    Why would you be charged €85 if the ticket was only worth €32 and you got it through a club ?
    Exactly this. Take it up with your club sec imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Exactly this. Take it up with your club sec imo

I know the clubs often see the international tickets as a way of raising funds, but a 165% mark-up seems excessive.

Forget your club secretary, take it up with Joe Duffy!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

I know the clubs often see the international tickets as a way of raising funds, but a 165% mark-up seems excessive.

Forget your club secretary, take it up with Joe Duffy!

No, take it up with your club secretary.

This is not a tax, this is your club. I'm sure that the club will refund you the excess aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

mtdelany wrote: »
    No, take it up with your club secretary.

This is not a tax, this is your club. I'm sure that the club will refund you the excess aswell

I'm sure that it was a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Slither89

Yeah I mean I've asked around and everyone who got them. either through club or ticketmaster or whatever paid €85. I mean all the home tickets would say the €85 on them. So not sure if we're just getting ripped off here or not...I'm sending them off today so I'll let ye know what happens!

Cheers for the comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Dob the secretary in and report your dissatisfaction at paying scalper prices to the relevant provincial branch, as this is where clubs get their ticket allocations from.

Advertisement