Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV: given wrong advice when sold a product

Options
  • 16-02-2012 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭

Have a chance of refund?

I own an ipod nano so I wanted to buy the nike ipod device. It's basically a pedometer and you attach a senor to your runner and the ipod will calculate distances and give updates.
    Fantastic device, costs around thirty euro. I used to own one before, ok it's not super accurate like a top of the range Garmin but it's good enough for me and great motivation.

Went into my local Currys and were told they were out of stock.
    Tried HMV and they were also out of stock but told me it was built into the new ipod nano. I didn't even need the sensor, just type my height and weight and through itunes and it would work. Said something about "step size" too, not too sure what that is.

Now I was happy enough with my old ipod but thought I may as well buy a new one, especially since this is built in.

Got home and it isn't at all. :confused:
    It is with the more expensive ipod touch but not with my ipod nano

Now you may say it's my fault for not researching this but the guy in HMV seemed knowledgable and it was definitly the ipod nano I mentioned, small and ideal for running.

Rang HMV and since there was no fault or technical issue they said no refund

Now for another twist. The guy I asked was the security guard. I just saw a HMV shirt and didn't know he was security, I only saw a small logo of loss prevention on the back of his collar later on so it wasn't so obvious to me.
    So it wasn't staff who gave me wrong info, it was security. He was helpful anyway and he seemed to know a lot about these ipods and if he told me it wasn't his job and to ask the floor staff I would have done this but he was very quick with all the info, I just assumed he was floor staff

Have I any comeback? HMV have told me no over the phone
    It was the nike ipod software device that I wanted. I would not have bought a new ipod only for I was told it was built in and included.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement