Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring moulds

Options
  • 16-02-2012 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi folks

Wondering can someone help I am looking for a 2"x3" ring mould the one without the bottom in it (or a removable bottom) and I need about 20 of them as I want to make individual cheesecakes so wondering is there anywhere they can be gotten cheaply or indeed can you get disposable ones

I have inserted an image just incase wc4.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated

thanks
    Boom boom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I reckon using lots of empty tins of beans with both ends removed would be the cheapest option.

Alternatively I've seen a pack of 12 of these in Kitchen Compliments in Chatham St Dublin for a ridiculous price!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

I have a tin which basically looks like a bun tray but they are straight sides and loose bottoms, ideal for mini cheesecakes but smaller than what you are looking for. I got it in TK Maxx. I also have loads of tins that I have kept for this purpose too, condensed milk or caramel tins are the ideal size, you need a tin opener that does not leave sharp edges though. As above, eat loads of beans!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

The rings from the photo come from the Mini Round Cake Pan Sets

http://www.decuisine.co.uk/cookshop/bakeware/BK-216.html

They are handy to have anyway. though I would agree with Eviledna that empty tins would do the job and be the cheapest option. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭castlewhite

Last year I saw a professional baker use wavin pipe cut up for moulds, she had used different diameter size pipes for different puddings. Appreciate they would be no good for a baked cheescake but certainly a lot cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

They have these in Tesco believe it or not, but they are expensive about 3 or 4 euro each I think

• Advertisement
Advertisement