Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compound mitre saw

• 16-02-2012 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Im planning on getting one for timber for some jobs I have that I want more accuracy than the circular saw. I have almost settled on this one.
    One question I have though is: If I was to take the collection bag off and then fit a metal grinding disk could I use this as a metal chop saw for steel if I was to go handy on it. It would give better cuts than the angle grinder for certain jobs. I know I couldnt go hard on it or I would burn the engine out on it.
    Any other thoughts?
    Thanks for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Check to see if the saw is compatable for use with a metal cutting blade or disc. Speed of rotation would be the main factor, if it's not suitable, it may cost you more than the motor. Play safe in this department, get a saw which states suitability for your needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

There is a saw that does what you want.
    The RAGE saw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

CJhaughey wrote: »
    There is a saw that does what you want.
    The RAGE saw.

Thats well over twice the price of the other 1 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

paddy147 wrote: »
    Thats well over twice the price of the other 1 though.

Well spotted Paddy.

This would have nothing to do with the fact that a Compound Mitre Saw is being compared to a Sliding Compound Mitre Saw?

Advertisement