Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

real techniques brushes (pixiwoo)

• 16-02-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭

bought the real techniques stippling brush in boots at lunch, can't wait to try it, its sposed to be brilliant. the company works with sam chapman from pixiwoo who does all those fab tutorials, i am addicted to watching them, love her & her sister! if its good i will go back & get their kabuki brush, it folds out into a sort of fan shape blush brush as well. 16 euros each which are a great price, they've got really good reviews online! and they are cruelty-free. any one else used these? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Bought one yesterday. Used it this morning and loved it! Much more control than with my MAC stipple brush. Just annoyed that the price is so much more expensive than in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

I need to get my hands on these brushes, think I might treat myself tomorrow! There was none left in Blanch on Sunday, anyone know if they've got any in?

Its so annoying the difference in prices between here and UK. In UK collection 2000 everlasting concealer is about £3, I saw in Boots the other day for 6.50euro!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

used it this morning with my doublewear and i love it!! i am thinking of getting a 2nd one ha. just love the finish it gives, better than regular foundation brushes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

what brushes have everyone tried? I want the Stippling brush anyway but not sure what else to get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

There was none in Jervis on Wednesday, I was sickened! Going to try out my local one later. I really want the blush brush! Or maybe the core collection...

• Advertisement

There was none in Jervis on Wednesday, I was sickened! Going to try out my local one later. I really want the blush brush! Or maybe the core collection...

Swords had a few left on Wednesday.....might still be a few there?

I'm going to try the one in Maynooth - it's usually pretty quiet and it always has a large selection so fingers crossed there'll be some there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

St Stephens Green was almost out of everything with none of the sets left.

Dundrum had everything as far as I could tell ... can't buy anything till pay day though which was so disappointing.

Fingers crossed I can find some next week!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

None in Liffey valley today, couldn't even see a space where they should have been, unless I missed them completely?

Anyone know if they have these in Omni in Santry? Looking for blusher brush and the gold handled set (can't remember what its called!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ginny wrote: »
    None in Liffey valley today, couldn't even see a space where they should have been, unless I missed them completely?

I checked Liffey Valley too and saw no sign of them. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I bought one of the Blush Brushes and it's not as good as I expected :( It doesn't pick up very much product and when you manage to get a good amount on the brush it just doesn't distribute it well. Kind of disappointed. Will try to get my hands on the stippling and buffing brushes when they're back in shops!

Got the last core collection and blusher brush in Boots in Omni yesterday! Used them this morning and think they are amazing! When I felt them I thought they were going to be too soft but they just give the perfect finish.

I didn't use them as they were labelled, as I don't think they are suitable for what they are labelled to be used for, if that makes sense!

I used the contour brush for my blusher. I used the buffer brush for my foundation-which gave it an amazing finish. The pointed foundation brush is too small for foundation application I think so I used it for my concealer. I didn't get a chance to use the detailer brush this morning so not exactly sure what I'll use that for, the description says concealer but to me its definitely too small for concealer so maybe lipstick but I don't usually use a brush for lipstick. The blusher brush is far too big for blusher so I used it for my setting powder and it worked so well.

I really am impressed, I don't think my make up has looked so flawless ever!:)

Was in Boots Swords today and they had a full re-stock of the Real Techniques brushes again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Boots in Mullingar had a few of these in stock yesterday.

There was a set of them and a few other single brushes. Not sure what single brushes they had though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Saw on Twitter that Cloud 10 are stocking these brushes with cheaper prices than Boots!

http://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/index/search/id/Real%20Techniques%20by%20Samantha%20Chapman

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Saw on Twitter that Cloud 10 are stocking these brushes with cheaper prices than Boots!

http://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/index/search/id/Real%20Techniques%20by%20Samantha%20Chapman
    Significantly cheaper in some cases! :eek:

There are loads in stock in Boots in Maynooth if anyone is in the area. Bought the core collection and blush brush. Haven't used them yet, but they're so soft!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

I have it and the blush brush much much rather my sigma , sigmax brushes. nothing like them and i own Mac and varies brands of brushes

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Stippling brush is €3 cheaper on cloud 10, in the UK it's £11 which magically turns into €16+!

Ginny wrote: »
    Stippling brush is €3 cheaper on cloud 10, in the UK it's £11 which magically turns into €16+!
    Its really so cavalier how some prices are increased in this country. Even with allowances for currency exchange and possibly different VAT rates, the difference in prices can be beyond belief.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I got it off cloud10, can't wait till it arrives. just tried the Stippling brush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Had loads of points saved up on my boots card so i picked up the core collection today and also bought the stippling brush. Haven't tried them yet, but they feel really nice! The stippling one feels like it has more control than my mac and especially my elf one.

Advertisement