Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult Education: Math & Physics

Options
  • 16-02-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hey folks,

I've been looking to find adult education or evening classes for math or physics on a high school level. You know, just to brush up.

But I can't find anything of that sort.

Does anybody have any idea where I could find something like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

DeleveleD wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I've been looking to find adult education or evening classes for math or physics on a high school level. You know, just to brush up.

But I can't find anything of that sort.

Does anybody have any idea where I could find something like this?

I'd be interested in this too, when you say High School I presume you mean Leaving Cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

math? high school? ;)

I don't believe there are any physics evening classes. Cork College of Comm offered adult Leaving Cert Ordinary Level classes at 4-5pm last year (probably this year too), but you had to sign up from September/October for the whole academic year.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DeleveleD

I'd be interested in this too, when you say High School I presume you mean Leaving Cert?

Uh, probably. I'm German and not used to the Irish school system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

nightcourses.com might offer up something

These are my areas of knowledge (wont say expertise! :D), haven't seen any classes in physics / mathematics part time for leaving cert as such, but you could start some evening classes maybe in the cit (well worth checking out). There are remote classes (there's a forum on mature students / remote learning under education) available from many institutions in Ireland.

Advertisement