Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options
  • 16-02-2012 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

So this was announced yesterday for October 30. Apparently the setting is taking place during the American Revolution and preparing for a doomsday scenario.
    What changes would you want to see made from Revelations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I would make the change that they went back in time didnt get greedy and turn it into a yearly release.
    Its really doesnt take long to start getting bored of playing the same damn game every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

VinLieger wrote: »
    I would make the change that they went back in time didnt get greedy and turn it into a yearly release.
    Its really doesnt take long to start getting bored of playing the same damn game every year.

Apparenty it has been in development for 3 years so hopefully it is is an enhanced experience all over. It bloody well needs it.
    I was suprised by how good Brotherhood was but Revalations was a big dissapointment (den defence... :mad:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Unless this is the overall improvement they are making it out to be , and if this doesnt knock me off my seat and hit it out of the ball park then assassin creed and myself are parting ways ..

Ubisoft didnt need revelations , it barely needed brotherhood but i could look past that cause the game was freakin awesome !!

I could give a rats arse about desmond

So again FINAL CHANCE ubisoft , hope ye are not talking out of your arse
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

the ending was the only thing worthy of another release in terms of AC:R. Those portal bits and the bombs and the tower defence parts didn't fool me. AC:R was essentially the same game we played since AC:2 only with the worse and sameyist city of the 3 before it only watered down to the bitter end :(

I really hope they end it here and on a high but on past perfomrance i think winter 2013 will bring AC:World at War/Modern Warfare/Battle field X!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I liked the bombs, hopefully they keep them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Didn't mind the bombs myself. They weren't necessary for success and you couold ignore them if you wanted. My problem was that they made a big deal about them.

American Revolution.....I have to be honest, that sounds ****e. I loved AC and AC2, 2.5 and 2.7 mainly because of their settings (especially AC1).

Revolution time America sounds boring and about as exotic as a Big Mac. Even French revolution sounds better.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I really hope they get rid of the 100% sync goals or make them a little more realistic.

Goal: "Don't use hidden blades, only bombs as the devs spent a lot of time working on them so we want to make sure you use them"

Sync failed!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

American Revolution.....I have to be honest, that sounds ****e.

Definately agree. It may be interesting to guys in the US but not to guys in Europe and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Victorian London would have been the best scenario.

Ugh, American Revolution...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Definately agree. It may be interesting to guys in the US but not to guys in Europe and elsewhere.

But you could just as easily say the first three games were not interesting to people from the US because they were set elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Victorian London would have been the best scenario..

That actaully sounds like it could be brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

But you could just as easily say the first three games were not interesting to people from the US because they were set elsewhere.

But Renaissance Italy/Holy Land >>>>American Revolution

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I dont like the sound of the american revolution. I want lots of tall buildings to climb :(

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

I think people should put a bit more trust in the developers. OK I can see why Revelations might have disappointed some, but it was still a nice lead on from the others and they probably wanted to milk the game a bit as Assassins Creed 2 was brilliant.

Reasons to have faith Assassins Creed 3 will be great;

-Last time they had a significant amount of time to develop a sequel they made Assassins Creed 2 which was stunning and the leap from an interesting game in AC1 to a stunning game in AC2 was a great achievement.

-Possibly an even more impressive feat was Brotherhood, as it was just as good as AC2, so much so you didn't really miss AC2, and was released fairly soon after as well which is impressive.

-A new time and location is a gamble, but given it's been in development for 3 years or more, and what we've seen of the series so far, it should be at worst a decent game, and potentially stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

we have an ad in for preoders of this in our next canadian issue... would i be letting the cart out of the bag if i said it has the new protagonist holding a gun and an axe, with a bow and a quiver on his back, standing in front of an american flag with 13 stars on it?

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tempted to wiki Revelations plot as i could not be arsed playing it anymore.

Highly unlikely this will be a day 1 purchase for me. Shame thought after 1 they figured out what worked and didnt.

After revelations and helix saying protagonist has a gun and sounds like it's set in the civil war, I will def be waiting for reviews. Just not pushed anymore. Ubi will have to do something special to pull this off

sheehy83 wrote: »
    sounds like it's set in the civil war

i couldn't possibly confirm that

:p

well i could

but i wont

Ubi will have to do something special to pull this off

they have/will from what ive been told

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I was hoping for a Revolutionary France setting, in Paris, storming the Bastille, the march on Versaille, mob rule, guillotines, the rise of napolean boneparte, would've been epic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

After revelations and helix saying protagonist has a gun and sounds like it's set in the civil war, I will def be waiting for reviews. Just not pushed anymore. Ubi will have to do something special to pull this off

Definetly not civil war if the flag has only 13 stars

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Definetly not civil war if the flag has only 13 stars

American revolution.
    The british are coming!! :pac:

Ah cmon helix, spill the beans! no one will ever know!

ah not really up on my american history, whats the 13 stars period mean?

theres probably about 5 non ubisoft people in the world who have the box art... im not gonna let meself get in trouble lol

Read up on history the 13 star flag has some significance.

I hope we get to chose between helping the British or the Americans.

I hope we get to chose between helping the British or the Americans.

id be surprised if it went that way

looking at the lead character, i dont think it will. i cant see him being a fan of either camps

Helix wrote: »
    id be surprised if it went that way

looking at the lead character, i dont think it will. i cant see him being a fan of either camps

Interesting...

Say, hypothetically, if a game concerning Assassins and the American Revolution were to have an image of the lead character circulating around the media. How long before said image, once again hypothetically, would become available to the public?

Interesting...

Say, hypothetically, if a game concerning Assassins and the American Revolution were to have an image of the lead character circulating around the media. How long before said image, once again hypothetically, would become available to the public?

ill show it to yis next week

its not circulating around the media either

i am, as far as i know, the only journo in the world with it

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    ill show it to yis next week

its not circulating around the media either

i am, as far as i know, the only journo in the world with it

Want a medal or a blue peter badge?

Advertisement