Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

blaa85 wrote: »
    AC Bundle about to be discounted on steam. Full price at the moment.

When and by how much? And will individual games be discounted? Collections need completing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

gooch2k9 wrote: »

When and by how much? And will individual games be discounted? Collections need completing!

can't link, but 38 for the lot on steam. dlc not discounted individually atm but the games are. 2.50 for ac 1, 5 euro for the next 2 games and 20 for revelations iirc.

blaa85 wrote: »
    can't link, but 38 for the lot on steam. dlc not discounted individually atm but the games are. 2.50 for ac 1, 5 euro for the next 2 games and 20 for revelations iirc.

Yerra not worth it for revelations, can get it off amazon less than a tenner. One thing I hate about steam is apart from offers/sales the prices are stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Where can I get the version with the figurine?

J. Marston wrote: »

Gamestop I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

J. Marston wrote: »

Gamestop have it on their site. That's where I picked mine up earlier.

Xbox 360 - €99.97
    PC - €79.97

Mental money to spend on a game I know, but worth it for a series you love IMO.

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Xbox 360 - €99.97
    PC - €79.97

Do the PC gamers have until before Nov. 23rd to pre order or do they have to be in before the console versions are released do you know?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xbox 360 - €99.97
    PC - €79.97

soooo tempted to get the freedom edition

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Do the PC gamers have until before Nov. 23rd to pre order or do they have to be in before the console versions are released do you know?

Couldn't say for sure, but I'd be highly surprised if the cut off point was console release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

I got Assassins creed two on Xbox for christmas a few years ago and hated the control scheme. Have controls improved throughout the subsequent updates? (e.g. revelations and brotherhood?)

I now play on PC but would be using a controller if I were to "buy" it ;)

• Advertisement

N64 wrote: »
    I got Assassins creed two on Xbox for christmas a few years ago and hated the control scheme. Have controls improved throughout the subsequent updates? (e.g. revelations and brotherhood?)

I now play on PC but would be using a controller if I were to "buy" it ;)

Few subtle changes, eagle vision triangle to L3 Button is the main one which I hate. Fighting has changed more offensive from Brotherhood on. I have them all on PC, excellent with 360 controller.

Xbox 360 - €99.97
    PC - €79.97

Woah, €100? I'd like the figurine and the other extras but €100 is a bit too much for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Here is an interactive trailer, you decide how the trailer plays out.

http://www.gametrailers.com/games/cgy4o3/assassin-s-creed-iii/interactive-trailer

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Here is an interactive trailer, you decide how the trailer plays out.

http://www.gametrailers.com/games/cgy4o3/assassin-s-creed-iii/interactive-trailer

Excellent trailer, starting to get really hyped up now, even though up until now I was rather indifferent to it (mainly due to the setting which, IMO, is the least interesting setting so far).

Launch trailer, 1 week to go lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I was gonna hold off on AC3 as a lot of stuff grasping for my cash next week (friends birthday, going to the theatre, food after said theatre :D )..........but then Ubisoft has to go and put out that awesome launch trailer and now I'm searching the net for buyers for my kidney/lung/bone marrow/whatever.

FFS Ubisoft :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I was gonna hold off on AC3 as a lot of stuff grasping for my cash next week (friends birthday, going to the theatre, food after said theatre :D )..........but then Ubisoft has to go and put out that awesome launch trailer and now I'm searching the net for buyers for my kidney/lung/bone marrow/whatever.

FFS Ubisoft :mad:

I'm the same :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

cant wait for this :D should be the best assassins creed so far :P

Ordered the Join Or Die Edition, no figurine but the medallion looks cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Im gonna get the JoD edition for the "Washingtons Journal", sucker for artbooks or notebooks or background stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Im gonna get the JoD edition for the "Washingtons Journal", sucker for artbooks or notebooks or background stuff like that.
    Yeah, getting that version myself. Goit it from Tesco direct here in the UK and it comes with a free t shirt too. Not sure what the tee is like but I cant complain. I really cant afford/justify the price Gamestop are asking for the Freedom Edition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was going to clear Brotherhood (again) and Revelations (1st time) before this, but i'm not sure now. Looks fantastic, and i might be a bit worn out if i play the Ezio series straight before this.

Kiith wrote: »
    I was going to clear Brotherhood (again) and Revelations (1st time) before this, but i'm not sure now. Looks fantastic, and i might be a bit worn out if i play the Ezio series straight before this.

Just play Rev then. Storywise, it was far better than BrotherHood IMO.

I'd do the opposite. After playing Revelations, it completely put me off the series and I wasn't arsed about AC 3 for months. Took a lot of time to get me hyped for this again so I'd say Brotherhood, maybe the online since you have it cleared already and just youtube the Revelations cutscenes.

Maybe... I dunno... one of my gaming highlights of the last year was in Rev. The mission that brought Ezio and Altair together and then finished Altair's story was just brilliant IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

I couldn't agree more with Sheehy83 about Revelations. The only difference is that I never actually got around to finishing it. As such, I'm also a bit less enthusiastic about AC3 than I should be.

I've steered clear of any plot summaries of Revelations though, just in case I ever came back to it - and wnolan1992's comment above has re-sparked my interest to complete it.
    (While also reminding me of "Harry Hill's TV Burp": - "Well, I like Altair, and I like Ezio. But which is better? There's only one way to find out...FIGHT!")

I've got AC, AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations on XBox but I see that Steam is giving the whole lot in a bundle for €37. I don't know why - but I suspect I might crumble and make the purchase. Valve are big jerks... (it's an addiction)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I keep forgetting about this coming.

Only finished AC1 recently. I forgot why I stopped playing, it's so frustrating but I finally finished the damn thing.

AC2 for me was damn near perfect after AC1. GOTY when it was released. Such an improvement in every way.

Never got Brotherhood or Rev and not sure if it's worth getting either of them (not pushed on MP) before AC3 - not too pushed on the story and such, if I miss anything from BH/Rev I can look at a wiki.

AC3 is looking quite yummy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi I'm Futureguy and I am an alcoholic, drug dealing pimp who kicks kittens. Actually, none of that is true. The truth is actually more shocking.

I have never played any Assassin's Creed games. I have to admit, I'd like to get this. I'm wondering am I better off buying the older games or plunge straight into III?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi I'm Futureguy and I am an alcoholic, drug dealing pimp who kicks kittens. Actually, none of that is true. The truth is actually more shocking.

I have never played any Assassin's Creed games. I have to admit, I'd like to get this. I'm wondering am I better off buying the older games or plunge straight into III?

ACI is just a chore to play but if you really want to get into the story, I suppose you should play it. Or maybe there are Youtube videos that can tell the story instead.

You should play the rest of the games though, they're great. You could plunge into III but you probably wouldn't have a clue what's going on story-wise. Well, for Desmond anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

FutureGuy wrote: »

ACII is definitely worth playing, and AC:Brotherhood is pretty damn great too. ACIII will mostly be a new story though and in previous games, there's been a bit of a "Previously on..." kinda thing quickly going over the main points of the story. I'd say if you really wanted, you could play ACIII straight off. But if you wanted full effect, play ACII and Brotherhood first (you could play Revelations after AC3 if you still liked the series. Not a huge amount of storyline development for the main story and game isn't as strong as ACII and ACB)

Advertisement