Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi I'm Futureguy and I am an alcoholic, drug dealing pimp who kicks kittens. Actually, none of that is true. The truth is actually more shocking.

I have never played any Assassin's Creed games. I have to admit, I'd like to get this. I'm wondering am I better off buying the older games or plunge straight into III?

It depends really. If you're someone who likes to get really engrossed ina games' story and world, then definitely pick them up. The original AC, while I'll admit wasn't the most fun to play at times, really sets the ground work for the rest of the series, introducing Lucy, Desmond, the Templars, the Apples, the Assassin's, etc, etc. Plus I liked it because I got to learn some stuff about the Crusades. While the AC does embellish a lot at times, some of the Codex and Bios are truly fascinating.

AC2 is the best in the series so far IMO. Brilliant story, brilliant gameplay, really fixed a lot of issues with the original.

The other two in the AC2 trilogy would again depend on how engrossed in the story you get. If you care about seeing what happens to Ezio, Altair and Desmond then get them, if not then watch on YT.

I hate recommending watching YT walkthroughs or reading wikis to people, because it really defeats the whole purpose of games really, but if you're not the type of person that really gets lost in game worlds and just wants to get the info so that you won't be completely lost in ACIII, then I think wikis and vids are the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have never played any Assassin's Creed games. I have to admit, I'd like to get this. I'm wondering am I better off buying the older games or plunge straight into III?

Hey man, stay clear of AC 1, I tried playing it twice and got bored at the same part near the start of the game. Look up the story of ac 1 on youtube and go get AC 2 for yourself. GOTY for me when it was out. That will get you used to the mechanics to just lash into AC 3 when that is out. AC 2 should be well cheap these days.

PSN is have a sale on everything Assassins Creed:

Full Games:

Assassin’s Creed – Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar
    Was €19.99/£15.99 Now €9.99/£7.99
    Assassin’s Creed 2 – Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar
    Was €19.99/£14.99 Now €12.99/£9.99
    Assassin’s Creed Double Edition
    Was €29.99/£23.99 Now €19.99/£15.99
    Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood – Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar
    Was €19.99/£15.99 Now €14.99/£11.99
    Assassin’s Creed Revelations
    Was €29.99/£19.99 Now €19.99/£15.99
    DLC:

Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood – The Da Vinci Disappearance – Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar
    Was €9.99/£7.99 Now €6.99/£5.49
    Additional 10% discount for Plus subscribers

Assassin’s Creed – The Ancestors Character Pack

Was €3.99/£3.19 Now €1.99/£1.59

Assassin’s Creed – Mediterranean Traveler Maps Pack
    - Upgrade

Was €9.99/£7.99 Now €6.99/£5.49
    Assassin’s Creed – The Lost Archive
    Was €9.99/ £7.99 Now €6.99/£5.49
    Assassin’s Creed 2- Bundle: Sequence 12 and 13 plus Secret Locations
    Was €7.99/£6.29 Now €4.99/£3.99

Assassin’s Creed 2 – Sequence 13 : Bonfire of the Vanities
    – Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine

Assassin’s Creed 2 – Bonfire of the Vanities and Secret Locations
    – Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine, Russian Federation

Was €6.99/£5.49 Now €3.99/£3.19

Assassin’s Creed 2 -Bonfire of the Vanities – Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine

Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood – Theme
    - Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar

Was €2.99/£2.39 Now €1.49 /£1.19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It has already been said but you really should skip AC1. Jump straight into AC2 and then play Brotherhood. I think Brotherhood is the best of the AC games so far. I probably wouldn't play Revelations as you might be totally burnt out on the series before getting to AC3.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hi I'm Futureguy and I am an alcoholic, drug dealing pimp who kicks kittens. Actually, none of that is true. The truth is actually more shocking.

Hey FutureKittenKickerGuy,

As others have said, definitely worth playing AC II and AC Brotherhood!
    To whet your appetite, here's the trailers/gameplay trailers for them:
    Cinematic trailers for 1, 2, Brotherhood and Revelations:

AC 2 Gameplay trailer:

AC Brotherhood gameplay trailer:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Decided I'm not gonna get it,until christmas at least :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Thank God the time is flying for me. 6 days left. And thankfully I'm going to be on my mid-term when AC III comes out.

Check out the Naval warfare video VG247 posted.

I'm still really conflicted about the naval stuff, I've got this niggling feeling that it'll turn out to be another Den Defence....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Check out the Naval warfare video VG247 posted.

I'm still really conflicted about the naval stuff, I've got this niggling feeling that it'll turn out to be another Den Defence....

Be grand if its like the War Machines in Brotherhood which you didn't actually have to do, annoying if you have to change the way you play the game to avoid it i.e. den defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I went AC 2 Brotherhood, AC2 , AC1 ,AC 2 Revelations.

Good games except for that damn tower defence in revelations.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Theres naval battles? Whaaaaaaatttttt *preorders*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm a bit wary too of those naval battles. They look amazing in video form but I wonder how much fun they are to actually play. I hope they will be optional at least.

I was weary as well but a video I saw makes em look great. Apparently you are only forced to do a small few for a mission but they they are open to go treasure hunting in the open seas.

According to an article on IGN, AC III is actually a pretty good point for jumping in with the series.

According to an article on IGN, AC III is actually a pretty good point for jumping in with the series.

Link please :D?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Just to make sure, is it out Wednesday? The chap in gamestop told me it was out on the 2nd when I peordered it.

Just to make sure, is it out Wednesday? The chap in gamestop told me it was out on the 2nd when I peordered it.

Says 31st on the site anyway. Hopefully will have my copy on Tuesday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Out Wednesday, or Tuesday at Midnight as they're doing midnight launches. I paid off mine in full yesterday (Freedom Edition) so i ca skip the paying queue and just collect mine!

Out Wednesday, or Tuesday at Midnight as they're doing midnight launches. I paid off mine in full yesterday (Freedom Edition) so i ca skip the paying queue and just collect mine!

Preordered off the site last week and went for express shipping. Did the same with Forza: Horizon and it arrived yesterday (a day before the release) so I'm hoping mine is delivered Tuesday, even though I won't get a chance to play this until next Sunday at the earliest. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

The naval battles in this are brilliant! Using the wind to slow your ship down to avoid incoming cannon fire, them turning your ship broadside and unleashing a volley at the enemy, very satisfying!

Also rope darts are fecking cool!

The naval battles in this are brilliant! Using the wind to slow your ship down to avoid incoming cannon fire, them turning your ship broadside and unleashing a volley at the enemy, very satisfying!

Also rope darts are fecking cool!

Ah ya basterd! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I dearly hope that other gentleman is wearing pants. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

sheehy83 wrote: »

Ah ya basterd! :)

:)

It's a great game so far, huge. A few bugs during cut scenes though, like people appearing and disappearing (civilians walking about, not the main characters) and at one stage I was stuck on a roof and was being attacked with no ability to move or defend myself!

Some of the finishing moves are class, and nothing puts the fear in you when you hear, "ready, aim, FIRE!" And you have no human shield near you!

Oh and Jill, I didn't hang around to look, rumours and all that!

My order changed to Packing on Gamesnash, almost here!

Bone-idle.ie had a flash competition yesterday on their site to win AC 3 freedom edition, anyone here enter it?

The Join or Die edition pre order for PC isn't on Amazon...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    The Join or Die edition pre order for PC isn't on Amazon...

Was gonna get that then it was pulled, pre-ordered the regualr afterwards. Now see the JoD edition on Zavvi. Silly Amazon.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Was gonna get that then it was pulled, pre-ordered the regualr afterwards. Now see the JoD edition on Zavvi. Silly Amazon.

I signed up to be emailed when it comes in but there is other stuff I need so if it doesn't come in the next few days I'll be ordering the same as you. 60 euro for the JoD on Zavvi is too dear IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

What price will it be ? I heard that it will be 59 in Gamestop ? Seems a bit much for Xbox to be honest !
    Also does anyone know if they are doing midnight sales in Cork ? Cheers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

What price will it be ? I heard that it will be 59 in Gamestop ? Seems a bit much for Xbox to be honest !
    Also does anyone know if they are doing midnight sales in Cork ? Cheers !

59! that's some joke, It would probably be worth shopping around for a better price. Unfortunately I traded in two games to gamestop and they gave me 50 euro credit towards AC3 so I'm stuck with them. Its not that big of a deal but I definitely feel ripped off paying a extra 9 euro for a game I could get for 50 somewhere else.

Advertisement