Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

59! that's some joke, It would probably be worth shopping around for a better price. Unfortunately I traded in two games to gamestop and they gave me 50 euro credit towards AC3 so I'm stuck with them. Its not that big of a deal but I definitely feel ripped off paying a extra 9 euro for a game I could get for 50 somewhere else.

Try €40...

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/assassins-creed-3-xbox-360/dp/28085849#bc=464b

I've never ordered from them before so I'm not sure on delivery times and such, but I'm willing to wait a few days for €20.

Also Halo 4 for €37. Thats nearly €23 cheaper then some places. :eek:

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/halo-4-xbox-360/dp/29181379#bc=ddb8

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm not usually very excited by the release of games but the TV ads for this are making the wait for this torture. Looks so brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just managed to get someone to work my early shift Wednesday morning! Midnight release, here i come!!

19778987.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I am seriously buzzing for this game now. The ending does seem kind of disappointing, look it up.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Why would anyone here want to know the ending of the game or see a walk through, considering the vast majority of us haven't played the game and want to experience it for ourselves :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Anyone hear about the microtransactions and Erudito credits that let's you buy in game items for real money?

Sounds like a f2p game except you still have to pay €60 to buy it, that and the season pass has soured my appetite for the game I must say

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Why would anyone here want to know the ending of the game or see a walk through, considering the vast majority of us haven't played the game and want to experience it for ourselves :confused:

I only looked at the walkthrough for the beginning just to see what it was like. And I have to admit that in the trailer the movements of the character looked robotic. But now that I've seen the walkthrough they look so fluid, so clean, so orgasmic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Stooped wrote: »
    I only looked at the walkthrough for the beginning just to see what it was like. And I have to admit that in the trailer the movements of the character looked robotic. But now that I've seen the walkthrough they look so fluid, so clean, so orgasmic.

Still doesn't make sense to me why you looked up the ending of a game you're looking forward to...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I am seriously buzzing for this game now. The ending does seem kind of disappointing, look it up.

And here's a walkthrough for AC III.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7F-eu1vSw2I

Could a mod remove the link please?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Could a mod remove the link please?

I think the first line of his post should be in spoilers,at least you don't have the click the link but ya can't avoid the first line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think this thread has officially become a no-go zone now until I've finished the game.

The amount of titties that are getting twisted ITT.

The amount of titties that are getting twisted ITT.

And with good reason. This is the finale to a fantastic series of games which started in 2007, have some of the best characters in video games, a truly engaging story, and something which thousands upon thousands of people have sunk thousands of hours into.

We don't want it ruined. We want to become Connor, become Desmond, we want to finish it through their eyes, with their experiences playing out as if it's us there. This is our drug. These are our books, films and music. This is what we do, and we don't want anyone ruining it for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I was told the launch trailer has spoilers in it too so don't watch that

And with good reason. This is the finale to a fantastic series of games which started in 2007, have some of the best characters in video games, a truly engaging story, and something which thousands upon thousands of people have sunk thousands of hours into.

We don't want it ruined. We want to become Connor, become Desmond, we want to finish it through their eyes, with their experiences playing out as if it's us there. This is our drug. These are our books, films and music. This is what we do, and we don't want anyone ruining it for us.

Speaking of books, who's getting Forsaken? The Waterstones website says it'll be out November 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Think I'm gonna bail from this thread before I read something I don't want to by mistake. See y'all in about three weeks. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Do you really think that as these games are a great sales generator that there will be no more assassins creed games. Maybe a subject 16 games maybe something else but i can say with almost certainty that there will be

Do you really think that as these games are a great sales generator that there will be no more assassins creed games. Maybe a subject 16 games maybe something else but i can say with almost certainty that there will be

Sorry to keep on going on about it, but the ending might reveal it.

Oh, i'm in no doubt that there will be further games, but this is the end of the trilogy. If there are other games, i think they will be separate to the story of Desmond, or won't be in the same vein as this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Eoin087

This place has a good recap of all the previous AC games. Handy for anyone who's starting off with AC3 or just wanting a reminder of whats going on.

Anyone know what the cheapest bricks & mortar place to buy this is? I'm guessing HMV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Here's another good recap from ign.

Oh, i'm in no doubt that there will be further games, but this is the end of the trilogy. If there are other games, i think they will be separate to the story of Desmond, or won't be in the same vein as this story.

Should have read your text a bit better I think. It should be the end of the trilogy unless they do what they did with 2 but I hope not. (I have been avoiding any hints to the ending or anything like that) I would have loved a game set in the present using places like Big Ben the Eiffel tower, statue of liberty as viewpoints.

I got the limited edition one from Gamestop as I had a lot of games to trade in and I knew I would not be paying the 100 euro. Hope the figurine will be good.

Does anyone know will there be anything special at the 12am launch in Gamestop stores

Should have read your text a bit better I think. It should be the end of the trilogy unless they do what they did with 2 but I hope not. (I have been avoiding any hints to the ending or anything like that) I would have loved a game set in the present using places like Big Ben the Eiffel tower, statue of liberty as viewpoints.

I got the limited edition one from Gamestop as I had a lot of games to trade in and I knew I would not be paying the 100 euro. Hope the figurine will be good.

Does anyone know will there be anything special at the 12am launch in Gamestop stores

I get what you mean, and it is a good possibility that there will be AC3: Episode 1 & 2 like AC2, but the main story, Desmonds and the
    future of the world
    should be wrapped up in AC3, and if not i'll be rightly peeved considering the whole series is
    tied to that December date and the looming end of the world

As for the midnight launches, the lads i was talking to didn't mention anything in particular, but i didn't ask either. Probably a few collectables, maybe a t-shirt or two or a goody bag (usually, if there's a midnight launch, there's something fancy). Definitely Pizza though, the lads here always get Pizza! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Does anyone here like the assassins creed story?

tuxy wrote: »
    Does anyone here like the assassins creed story?

No, we all hate it but have strange urges to play games with stories we don't like :pac:

I get what you mean, and it is a good possibility that there will be AC3: Episode 1 & 2 like AC2, but the main story, Desmonds and the
    future of the world
    should be wrapped up in AC3, and if not i'll be rightly peeved considering the whole series is
    tied to that December date and the looming end of the world

As for the midnight launches, the lads i was talking to didn't mention anything in particular, but i didn't ask either. Probably a few collectables, maybe a t-shirt or two or a goody bag (usually, if there's a midnight launch, there's something fancy). Definitely Pizza though, the lads here always get Pizza! :D

cool might go then instead of after work wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

No, we all hate it but have strange urges to play games with stories we don't like :pac:

I figured people played it because they liked the gameplay.
    IMO the story is dreadful.

tuxy wrote: »
    I figured people played it because they liked the gameplay.
    IMO the story is dreadful.

Expand?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

*Unsubscribes*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    *Unsubscribes*

Hah, just coming here to do the same thing. Game was released in America last night so until I've finished the story, Goodbye, thread!

Advertisement