Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

tuxy wrote: »
    I figured people played it because they liked the gameplay.
    IMO the story is dreadful.

i actually like the story :D although they are kinda dragging it out now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Bone-idle.ie had a flash competition yesterday on their site to win AC 3 freedom edition, anyone here enter it?

I won the Freedom Edition :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

23948618.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Can anyone tell me if there is gamestop midnight releases? Nothing on gamestop website about midnight launch. Anyone know anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    *Unsubscribes*

+1 totally agree I want to do as much of this games without looking up a guide or spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there is gamestop midnight releases? Nothing on gamestop website about midnight launch. Anyone know anything?

I got an text about my preorder to say I can get it at midnight I am getting it in the Cresent in Limerick. Might only be for preorders. I say ring up your local gamestop to check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Here's another good recap from ign.

I wouldn't follow the story completely but I didn't realise Lucy was a double agent!

Did we find this out in the end of brotherhood or was it revealed in Revelations which I didn't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

tok9 wrote: »
    I wouldn't follow the story completely but I didn't realise Lucy was a double agent!

Did we find this out in the end of brotherhood or was it revealed in Revelations which I didn't play.

It was hinted at in Brotherhood and confirmed in the DLC of Revelations

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nodferatu wrote: »

There are 17 of them doing midnight launches according to TGL:
    http://www.thegamingliberty.com/2012/10/17-gamestop-stores-around-ireland-holding-midnight-launch-for-assassins-creed-iii/

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

tok9 wrote: »

I didn't know she was a double agent either until i watched that recap. I mustn't of been paying attention towards the end of brotherhood.
    Penn wrote: »
    It was hinted at in Brotherhood and confirmed in the DLC of Revelations

That's how they get ya, leaving out important story elements and selling them to you in additional DLC, the bastids.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I don't even remember the end of Revelations. I just remember Ezio watching the whole world crack. What was the ending?

• Advertisement

Stooped wrote: »
    I don't even remember the end of Revelations. I just remember Ezio watching the whole world crack. What was the ending?

That was Desmond.

The First Civilisation spoke to Desmond through Ezio, telling him about what happened to kill most people and how it's going to happen again, and that Desmond has to go to their vault in order to stop it from happening. So now Desmond knows what he needs to do.

The whole point of Revelations was that Desmond's mind was suffering from the bleeding effect having spent so long as Altair and Ezio. He needed to find something which connected the three of them but separated them. It was Altair's memories which lead Ezio to the library where the First Civilisation could speak to Desmond. So now Desmond is no longer suffering from the Bleeding Effect but still has Ezio and Altair's skills and memories, so he can try and stop whatever is going to happen from happening (presumably needing something for Connor's memories to help him too)

Yeah I think there is mention of the vault he is looking for can be found in New York, Connor's stamping ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Vargulf wrote: »

:D Oh man that noise is going to haunt me in my sleep

(Dammit, Penn. Leave this thread before any spoilers!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

There is a monster day 1 patch that is highly recommended with dozens of fixes, I fu<king hate day 1 patches.
    Review embargo is up at 4 too.

And the reviews are in, listed below and small summary of each so I have spoilered them.
    •Edge: 8/10 - A refreshed, rejuvenated Assassins' Creed; a solid foundation upon which the yearly iterative release cycle can be maintained; and a sprawling, detailed adventure to enjoy
    •OXM: 8/10 - ACIII does what no-one really expected it to: it draws together the plots of the precursors, Desmond and Connor. In writing this review, we've been cautious to avoid even the gentlest spoilers. However, we can say that instead of being left thinking "you what, mate?", at the end of this game, you'll be left thinking "oh, sweet gods - what now?"
    •OPM: 7/10 - In a year when Dishonored and Hitman: Absolution have shown just how well stealth games can be realised, Assassin's Creed's take on unseen murder is stuck in the past - doubly so when we were led to expect so much more. We were promised a revolution, but very little has changed.
    •Eurogamer: 9/10 - The biggest and richest Assassin's Creed game to date - maybe not the best, but a place where, for want of a better expression, everything is permitted.
    •Game Informer: 9.5/10 - n overwhelming experience in its own right, Assassin's Creed III is the crown jewel on an already excellent series, and it sets the mind reeling about the potential for where the story goes from here.
    •GameSpot: 8.5/10 - Assassin's Creed III is a big game that gives you a lot to do, some of which is fleshed out relatively well, and some of which isn't. It is not, however, content to rest on the series' laurels. It takes chances with its opening, with its story, and with its characters. It expands the series' gameplay in enjoyable and sensible ways.
    •Joystiq: 3.5/5 - It's sad to see the game lose sight of its assassin role-playing ideals in favor of bombast, bomb blasts and pig herding, so I hope this is but a momentary stumble while the franchise regains its balance. Trim the excess, remember the central thrust (hint: it's with a knife) and then you'll have a great game again.
    •VideoGamer: 7/10 - As extraordinary as the scale and scope of this huge production can be at times, you're left with a bloated reminder that bigger isn't always better.
    •IGN: 8.5/10 - Huge but inconsistent, Assassin's Creed III is an impressive adventure that succeeds in most of what it attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

GTR63 wrote: »
    There is a monster day 1 patch that is highly recommended with dozens of fixes, I fu<king hate day 1 patches.
    Review embargo is up at 4 too.

Damn. I'll be buying on the PS3 so that means it will take ages to download.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Any word on which version is better, or any comparisons or anything?

Must...leave...thread.

I just cannot wait now. Looking at the gameplay of the child laughing still gets me buzzing (Did they have children in previous AC games?). This game just looks so real and so fresh. I am not going to be going out on Halloween at all.

And also, does anyone have any of the AC III soundtrack?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The PS3 has an extra hour's content, although I'm too used to AC on the 360 controller so will be going with that version. Reviews are cautiously encouraging - doesn't seem to rock the boat too much (except the naval sections ;)) but still sounding like a solid, interesting experience.

Smyths are charging 53 something with loyalty card, by the way, 54.99 without.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I ordered my Freedom Edition (for PC - €20 cheaper than console *unf*) from GameStop last week and paid for the express delivery option, so it should hopefully be with me at some stage tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Shiminay wrote: »
    I ordered my Freedom Edition (for PC - €20 cheaper than console *unf*) from GameStop last week and paid for the express delivery option, so it should hopefully be with me at some stage tomorrow.
    PC edition isn't out till November 23rd, sorry.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Anyone know what size ps3 patch will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Corkfeen wrote: »

I've got another few weeks after that to wait, as I wanna play it on my shiny new Wii U. But I'm not going to be setting that up till December 17th!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

*head-desk* Well hot piss. Oh well, I guess that means I will have time to finish Borderlands 2 and X-Com and get some time for Need For Speed :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The PS3 has an extra hour's content, although I'm too used to AC on the 360 controller so will be going with that version. Reviews are cautiously encouraging - doesn't seem to rock the boat too much (except the naval sections ;)) but still sounding like a solid, interesting experience.

Smyths are charging 53 something with loyalty card, by the way, 54.99 without.

I didn't know about the extra DLC. I prefer the 360 controller too, but that DLC does sound tempting.

Here's the info on the Day 1 patch.
    http://ie.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-3/Day_1_Patch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Plenty of live streams up on twitch tv now if anyones interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Typical unbisoft bull. They say it's got something to do with piracy on PC damaging sales but the xbox 360 version has been available to download on torrent for a week now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Thought I was in luck earlier, met the hardware manager in tesco, he was all set to give it to me but didn't have the Xbox version yet, only ps3 :-/

Advertisement