Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Just back from the Midnight release by Gamestop. I got the Freedom Edition for XBOX 360. The figurine of Connor looks lovely the George Washington Notebook actually looks very cool (just glanced through it) and 2 lithographs which are nice. All in all a good buy I think better than the one for revelations.

P.S There is also a steel disk box you can have the game cd in instead of the original box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Over here in the UK. Preordered the Join or Die Edition for the PS3 from Tesco Direct. They made a balls of it. Absolute balls of it. They sent me an email at 7p.m. tonight saying that I wont be getting the Join or Die edition.:eek::eek:

BUT, they did say that they have refunded the cost of the game and have instead sent me out a regular copy of the game for free. Not ideal but I cant really complain with that too much. Yeah I would have liked the JoD edition but it really is a little unnecessary.

Now, what to get instead of it. Maybe some other outrageous special edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AlanC275.

Went to the Gamestop midnight release in Carlow to be told 10mins before 12 by a security guard that its not happening!! Keep in mind members of staff told me it was on and I got a text about it to!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I cant get my ps3 online for time being. Will the patch be included on disc
    /downloadable offline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Just picked it up in HMV for 49.99 while Gamestop had it priced at 59.99. The latter would be fine with exchanges but otherwise an irritating choice by them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Cheapest in HMV I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Won't be getting my Join or Die edition until the afternoon :(

EDIT: Just found out I might be getting it sooner

DwightFistPump.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Get 2100 Microsoft points for €4.49 if you buy in argos

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9098989/Trail/searchtext%3ECREED.htm#tab3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Got the Freedom Edition in the GameStop midnight release last night. Came with a free Assassins Creed 3 deck of cards or iPhone cover and a Redcoats mp pack. Statue is fantastic and the flag is optional. The journal seems to have hidden pages which I cant open.

Played till 4am and had a very interesting conversation with
    Benjamin Franklin
    aboyt the benefits of having an older woman as a partner... I'm liking this!

ShaneU wrote: »

When I go to reserve them it only takes €3.53 off of the points??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I dunno, it says save €19.

ShaneU wrote: »
    I dunno, it says save €19.

Yeah I think they must have made a mistake on the site. Would have been a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I got the Join or Die edition just now <3<3

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Actually really getting excited for the Vita version. The Kotaku review in particular makes it sound great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

3.5 hours till I play it. Not sure if I'll bother with Halloween.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My PS3 copy and my XBOX Freedom Edition (that I won from Bone-Idle.ie) just arrived :D

25500852.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

226483.jpg

tumblr_m3xx5zekPe1ro3rn6.gif

Now all I have to do is wait patiently until home time.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Anyone else get this ??
    When you where on the ship the mouths where not moving for anyone ???

Also this
    Flouting guns after you kill some one
    On the 2nd mission of S3 so far and i am enjoying every bit of it so far your man your playing as so far i think is conners dad and you are working with his mother at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

9 hours into it allready :O

Dont have the day 1 patch downloaded yet so came across 2 bugs , only one is kinda game breaking
    Floating Rifles , big oversight , bit like the Paint Brushes from oblivion but Rifle sized
    And in a Liberation mission is boston the Guy doesn't trigger his cut scene so I can't liberate one suburb

So far I'm giving it a 9 / 10 simply because the first 3 hours were a tutorial :/
    Although there is a Massive WTF after the tutorial that everyone will love :D

Ship combat is pretty sweet although I haven't been able to board the ships yet

Combat Kills are totally over the top and awesome ,
    Assassinations are harder to pull off than in AC 2 , simply because you don't get a prompt

Also Playing on the Xbox and sometimes randomly all the NPC's in an area will despawn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Although there is a Massive WTF after the tutorial that everyone will love :D

Sshhhhh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Where is the cheapest place to buy the game in a bricks and mortar store?

Hogzy wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place to buy the game in a bricks and mortar store?

I bought it in HMV for 49.99 and it came with a free steelbook case.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I bought it in HMV for 49.99 and it came with a free steelbook case.

What! I bought it in the Cork HMV and didn't get any Steelbook case. Would have liked that :(

I got it in the HMV in Tallaght and they had a big pile of the cases behind the counter. Pic is a few posts up.

I got it in the HMV in Tallaght and they had a big pile of the cases behind the counter. Pic is a few posts up.

That picture doesnt show up for me. The .gif does but the picture doesnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Just picked it up in HMV for 49.99 while Gamestop had it priced at 59.99. The latter would be fine with exchanges but otherwise an irritating choice by them.

Christ. Is this Gamestop's standard practice now, charging 60 quid for 'AAA' titles? Way to put yourselves out of business.

Might gawk in HMV, it's hard to shop with a retailer who's clearly up for gouging the customers.

Hogzy wrote: »
    That picture doesnt show up for me. The .gif does but the picture doesnt.

Tis a pretty nice steelbook...

226491.jpg

Oh well, disappointing. Got it in Cork myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well my copy in Smyths came with free American and British flags :pac: Such a weird extra.

wt6s9c.jpg

• Advertisement

Well my copy in Smyths came with free American and British flags :pac: Such a weird extra.

How much?

Advertisement