Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hogzy wrote: »
    How much?

53 with loyalty card. Wasn't near a HMV today otherwise would have gone there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Any1 up for some multiplayer?
    Gave my bro the single player disk for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Time to Boycott Gamestop, :eek:€79.99 for the live or die edition, HMV were an enormous €17 cheaper and you got a free steel case, Gamestop should have had IPhone cases free for preorders.

Not really the place to say this and I think I will start a thread on the issue, watch over the course of the next 6 weeks as the prices of upcoming games are set at a minimum of €54.99, hope anyone reading this who paid the extra €17 goes back to complain,rip off merchants is all they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gamestop are always €7 to €15 more expensive than HMV on new releases. Always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Gamestop are always €7 to €15 more expensive than HMV on new releases. Always.

Unless it's a pre ordered or newly released PC game, then they are normally cheaper than steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I'll be up for multiplayer with someone sometime. My xbox gamertag is GamingFailure. Just message me what your gamertag is so I know who I'm accepting.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Screw it, I don't think I can take a month and a half of not playing this and spoiler dodging.
    HMV, here I come.

Screw it, I don't think I can take a month and a half of not playing this and spoiler dodging.
    HMV, here I come.

You made the right choice.
    And I seriously hate the Templars now after what they did to the village

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

HMV, here I come.

Unless you bought the game before this post, they close at 6pm.

Hogzy wrote: »

Unless you bought the game before this post, they close at 6pm.
    Liffey Valley, open till 8 or 9,and I'm.just home with it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I must resist temptation and not buy this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Awwwwwwww Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Anyone played it in 3d wondering what its like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Time to Boycott Gamestop, :eek:€79.99 for the live or die edition, HMV were an enormous €17 cheaper and you got a free steel case, Gamestop should have had IPhone cases free for preorders.

Not really the place to say this and I think I will start a thread on the issue, watch over the course of the next 6 weeks as the prices of upcoming games are set at a minimum of €54.99, hope anyone reading this who paid the extra €17 goes back to complain,rip off merchants is all they are.

There should be a thread about this, it's absolutely disgusting what these guys are charging. And is it just me or are they grossly understaffed these days?

I'll probably plump for Most Wanted (Criterion, yay) and wait to pick up ACIII, but i thought i'd check in Gamestop after work today - that shoud be 60 as well :eek:. Oh well, more money for HMV's tills.

I hope someone from the company reads this; the good will amongst your customers is dwindling fast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Gamestop have been dreadful for years, nothing new there. Refuse to shop in my local given the high prices and ignorance of the employees (have had better experiences with staff in town though).

As for the game, only put in an hour or two but enjoying it so far. The first jog around Boston is great - this is the new setting the game needed. The style and mechanics are familiar, but there's a real effort to add new experiences to the existing ones. Looking forward to exploring the New World in all its glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've just over 8 hours put into this, and i'm still getting new stuff thrown at me! Haven't even encountered any guilds yet! This game is massive!

The navy battles would nearly be a good game by itself, same with the hunting, and it's all here in one epic game. Ubisoft have outdone themselves. Time to start taking some leave from work to continue this!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Man, I played for 4 hours last night and barely feel like I've even scratched the surface of this game. Incredible.

Also, minor glitch where I was talking to someone in a cutscene but they weren't moving their mouth. Was kinda funny but hope it doesn't happen too often. Be a shame considering how great the graphics are.

So what sequence is everyone on? I've played this game for most of yesterday and I'm on Sequence 5 or 6 I think.

I'm only on Sequence 2 and loving the world but my biggest gripe is the 100% sync. I want to get 100% on all sync objectives but think I'll have to give up as it will make the game more a chore than fun. One of the first sync tasks is to
    'Shoot 10 guards with a firearm'
    so I went out of my way to shoot people and very slowly reload, taking hits. Turns out, if I just played normal shooting the odd guy here and there, there were more than enough guards to pull this off without forcing it. Just gonna play the way I did AC 2 and enjoy the game. I really want a day off to just play this all day!

Also, I downloaded the patch and saw the floating rifles and mouths not moving in cut scenes.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm only on Sequence 2 and loving the world but my biggest gripe is the 100% sync. I want to get 100% on all sync objectives but think I'll have to give up as it will make the game more a chore than fun. One of the first sync tasks is to
    'Shoot 10 guards with a firearm'
    so I went out of my way to shoot people and very slowly reload, taking hits. Turns out, if I just played normal shooting the odd guy here and there, there were more than enough guards to pull this off without forcing it. Just gonna play the way I did AC 2 and enjoy the game. I really want a day off to just play this all day!

Also, I downloaded the patch and saw the floating rifles and mouths not moving in cut scenes.

There were still some glitches. When I was fighting Redcoats there were rifles floating in the air :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Missed revelations as the yearly relese put me off a bit, is it neccessary for the desmond storyline or even just worth it to finish out ezios/altairs stuff before playing this?

VinLieger wrote: »
    Missed revelations as the yearly relese put me off a bit, is it neccessary for the desmond storyline or even just worth it to finish out ezios/altairs stuff before playing this?

No, just youtube the story line. it is great playing as altair and the ending is good but not worth it with the lack of fun to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

VinLieger wrote: »

Someone posted an ign catch-up/ re-fresh video a few posts back, just watch that and you'll be grand.

For those who bought the Join or Die or Freedom editions of the game, have you opened the hidden pages of George Washington's notebook yet?

For those who bought the Join or Die or Freedom editions of the game, have you opened the hidden pages of George Washington's notebook yet?

I was just googling this but couldn't find anything. I was on the verge of cutting them open last night but wanted to wait to see if there is a less destructive way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I was going to wait until this came out on PC, but don't know if I can wait any longer. :(

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I was just googling this but couldn't find anything. I was on the verge of cutting them open last night but wanted to wait to see if there is a less destructive way :)

If curiosity gets the better of you, please post your results here ;)

Has anyone been paying attention to Shawn's history notes? There was a great section about America being a nation of traitors but I can't remember the exact reference. It popped up during
    Connor's first visit to Boston with Achilles, hardly a spoiler really but what the hell.

If curiosity gets the better of you, please post your results here ;)

Has anyone been paying attention to Shawn's history notes? There was a great section about America being a nation of traitors but I can't remember the exact reference. It popped up during
    Connor's first visit to Boston with Achilles, hardly a spoiler really but what the hell.

His notes are hilarious this time! There's something in almost every note that makes me laugh! :D

Will do James ;). I see I get email noptifications. Can anyone tell me where I can view these e-mails, can't seem to find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

In Sequence 2
    When you are getting the 3rd fellow on the list
    It is a very good game. Have a bit of trouble
    getting the almanac pages are a pain
    anyone got a simple way. I like the gun shooting yes the reloading time is long but sure was that not the way guns were at that point of time.

I agree that gamestop are more expensive them other places but the crowd in the cresent in Limerick were great allowing us to line up befor 12 to pay and then just picking it up after 12. If you think they are bad then don't buy there simples really. I do agree they are understaffed at certain times

Advertisement