Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

You can read e-mails by exiting the animus, which you can do at anytime. There's a computer by Rebecca's workstation that will let you read the e-mails. I'm on sequence 6 and there have read some worthwile messages so far.
    As for the almanac pages I collected 2 as Connor however I'm sure I collected one as his Father earlier in the game that didn't seem to show up... which might mean that I missed out on a specific set????
    If you are hunting for them I think it's easiest to do with Eagle vision switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah yes, just like the last one, thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The same actor who voices Balthier in Final Fantasy 12 is in this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Eoin087

Are the side missions glitched? All I get is a thank you when I try starting an assassination or delivery mission. This normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

GF just happened to walk by gamespot today and chance her arm if there were any "join or Die" editions left.

I was a happy bunny coming home form a shít day at work to see the Connor figure sitting on the table!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    GF just happened to walk by gamespot today and chance her arm if there were any "join or Die" editions left.

I was a happy bunny coming home form a shít day at work to see the Connor figure sitting on the table!

Marry her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

i ordered the AC3 strategy guide from amazon but still no sign of it even being sent yet. damn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

anyone here who got the 'freedom edition' had their george washington book pages binded together? like some pages are meant to fold out but instead both ends of the page is binder/stuck at the spine of the book. i can see pages between but cant fold em out. considering getting a razor blade and slicing them apart, wondering did i get a dodgy one of the bunch or is same with anyone else's?

Nodferatu wrote: »
    anyone here who got the 'freedom edition' had their george washington book pages binded together? like some pages are meant to fold out but instead both ends of the page is binder/stuck at the spine of the book. i can see pages between but cant fold em out. considering getting a razor blade and slicing them apart, wondering did i get a dodgy one of the bunch or is same with anyone else's?

Goes to show the poor quality of production. Iv never seen this happen with a book. In fairness there are only 2 things to get right when printing a book.

1. Make sure content is legible.
    2. Make sure there are pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Nodferatu wrote: »

Same with mine, very odd! Same care when into the book as did the game... full of bugs!

• Advertisement

So I just finished the game and I must say, I am very disappointed. It really feels like the Dev team had so many great ideas and they never really came together. It never felt like an assassins creed game. Like my house mate said, its just not fun...

Cons...
    Clunky game mechanics
    Unlovable characters
    Very poor and overly complicated game menus
    BUGS BUGS BUGS BUGS BUGS
    I felt the fighting system in AC2 to ACR was better
    The Story and ending are tripe. After 4 games and all those clifhangers, thats what we get......

the list goes on

Pros
    The environments look amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

OmegaRed wrote: »
    So I just finished the game and I must say, I am very disappointed. It really feels like the Dev team had so many great ideas and they never really came together. It never felt like an assassins creed game. Like my house mate said, its just not fun...

Cons...
    Clunky game mechanics
    Unlovable characters
    Very poor and overly complicated game menus
    BUGS BUGS BUGS BUGS BUGS
    I felt the fighting system in AC2 to ACR was better
    The Story and ending are tripe. After 4 games and all those clifhangers, thats what we get......

the list goes on

Pros
    The environments look amazing

5 games AC1, AC2, AC Brotherhood, AC Revalations & AC3

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The George Washington journal seems to have hidden pages. I found one page last night that folded out itself showing Connor standing on a building. I'm gonna take the plunge tonight and cut open the pages. Will know then if they were suppose to fold out or not if I end up cutting a picture down the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Hogzy wrote: »
    Marry her!

I think she is wife material now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Same with mine, very odd! Same care when into the book as did the game... full of bugs!
    The manual is meant to be that way. There's a little thing that's like a bookmark. You use that to cut the pages. I haven't done it myself, but I think the pages reveal info on the targets in the game.

edit: oh and be careful that you're not cutting open a page that is meant to fold open. I read online about people accidentally doing that.

But AC3 could definitely do with more development time. It does feel rushed in some parts and has a load of annoying bugs. But I'm still enjoying it so far, although after 4 and a half hours I've just been introduced to the main character. It's a great setting and I prefer the combat in this than the older games. I feel it flows a lot better, but I was always crap at the old games, so maybe it's just because it's easier.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Goes to show the poor quality of production. Iv never seen this happen with a book. In fairness there are only 2 things to get right when printing a book.

1. Make sure content is legible.
    2. Make sure there are pages.

In fairness it's a game about secret organisations existing in the shadows, the pages are meant to be hidden.

The Brotherhood Special edition had a hidden compartment (not visible in this picture) When I first opened it I found everything but the game, then found the compartment:
    15571172-large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

The first 3 hrs of this game are terrible IMO. What is with Ubisoft and game openings?? Not as bad as revelations cart racing but......its just so stiff and restrictive at the start. Kind of feel like the start feels like DLC content or something...half of it could have been covered in a good cut scene. Very disappointing so far.

RAIN wrote: »
    The first 3 hrs of this game are terrible IMO. What is with Ubisoft and game openings?? Not as bad as revelations cart racing but......its just so stiff and restrictive at the start. Kind of feel like the start feels like DLC content or something...half of it could have been covered in a good cut scene. Very disappointing so far.

So you didn't like those apples eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

RAIN wrote: »

What was the start of the game? I've been playing so much I forgot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Ok I'm past the begining and it definetly improves, the Naval battles are deadly. Still though, sometimes it genuinely feel like everytime Im about to get lost in the game, something happens to pull me out. Usually a mission breaking cus your NPC's AI has him stuck trying to get around a corner. Or you decide to stand up in between branches of a bush and an enemy sees you.

Its aannoying you have to be reintroduced to concepts like pulling posters off walls etc, when they've been in the series since the second game. Also I can't grab people yet(unless I'm missing something)..so what the **** are my options infront of a firing squad??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ubisoft servers keep freezing for me,sigh...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

To grab people when the firing squad are about to fire you press A and you grab them.

Finished it the yesterday, dunno tbh. Felt a little watery. I liked the setting but I still feel it could immerse you in the game more. Some of the voice acting is excellent, Connor and Charles lee are brilliant. It is a good game but as I said they could have made more of the environment for eg battles between the warring sides.

Going to trade it in now, not into the multiplayer in the AC games and nearly have everything done in single player.

Still found it enjoyable all the same

ACII is still my favourite game in the series.

I'm not entirely sure on how you get to do naval battles? I know there was a mission on one but can you do them at will?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Only started last night so early days and im only nearing the end of sequence 2 but it's boring me to tears already :(

calex71 wrote: »
    Only started last night so early days and im only nearing the end of sequence 2 but it's boring me to tears already :(

Ill buy it from you.

I'm a huge AC fan and I was very disappointed in the game. I have been reading all these reviews and they are all giving it 7 or 8 out of 10 when it should be getting 4's and 5's. The truth is, this is a step back in the AC series and for a company that was working on it for so long and with so many people, it falls very short of a AAA game that millions of people will buy. I really hope Ubisoft and the Dev team take note of the feedback so many fans are giving. I hope that all of the positive feedback does not cloud the truth of what people have said about this game being great and the best AC game yet. The truth is its is far from a great game, its not even a good game and I hope real AC fans see that.... For christ sake there is even spelling mistakes in some of the text....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it a huge open world with loads to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not so far it's not, I mean Boston is massive and I've uncovered a tiny amount of it but apart from one courier mission and the main missions nothing so far in 6 hours. I'm expecting it to open up etc soon I hope.

The biggest problem I have so far is it takes far too long to go anywhere, I mean was the part in the beginning on the ship even necessary :confused:

The combat seems to have taken a step back too, or maybe i'm just rusty but it really does feel clunky and unresponsive to me.

Also anything I've done so far I've done in the 4 previous games over and over , had there not been botherhood and revelations this might actually feel fresh but it's the same game with a different coat of paint so far.

As I said it's early days but I really can't see thing changing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

There's three cities, the frontier, the main campaign, the fort missions, the naval missions, the hunting missions and challenges, the frontiersman missions and challenges, the homestead missions and all the trading stuff in the manor which I have no idea what it's for.....Not to mention collecting the feathers and the trinkets....Are you guys playing the same game I am?

P.S. I've finished all the AC games apart from Revelations and this is the best yet.

• Advertisement

Am I the only one who thinks it's too big?

Advertisement