Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Had it since Tuesday night and I have to say its miles better than I was expecting. I got a bit tired of the series after Revelations and didn't think they could make the series good again. I'm not even playing most of the story missions I'm just exploring, going after collectibles and hunting. Like a lot of people I'm trying to get as much lifespan out of the game as possible. I've only noticed one slightly annoying glitch, when I purchase a new set of robes I go back to the homestead but they aren't there, it's odd but doesn't really impact the game that much. I found the lock picking a nightmare at first but now I just hold the sticks in my left fingers and rapidly press R1 with the right, works every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Frisbee wrote: »
    trying to stretch this out as long as possible so concentrating on side missions as opposed to the main missions atm.

One thing though. I have no convoy.

I lost it early on by not defending it from attack and now I just don't have one. Is it possible to rebuild it? I'm assuming I have to get some high level homestead members to do this?

Seems silly if you lose it once it's gone for good...

Yeah, you can rebuild it. Go to Crafting in the Accounting book and it should be under recipes. You just might need to buy some timber or something first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

loving it so far.. have been playing for hours, but have'nt got far, trying to do everything before I do the main story.. although I saw the game starting twist a mile away, I still loved it..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Just starting in to it now, was going to hold out for a week because couldnt really afford to get it this week but then reading on here and seeing the trailer on tv all the time just got too much for me and had to give in!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

On sequence 5, finally getting to the good stuff. Great controlling connor, tree climbing and hunting animals is class. Looking forward to a bit of exploring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm only about 90 mins in and I'm loving it so far. I keep reading about the start being slow, and it is but that isn't a bad thing. It is nice to be eased back in after nearly a year away from the franchise.

I have a question about the combat. Has the ability to target an enemy been removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

I'm a little baffled by the negative reviews on this. I think it's an unbelievable step up from the last two installments.

I'm on sequence 6 at the moment. Blasted through just the main missions initially but am now settling in to it.

Roaming around the Frontier in the snow is insanely beautiful. I too had my doubts when I heard of the setting but they have handled the wilderness areas really nicely.

The combat had been massively improved, and I even noticed little upgrades to the parkour, with different vaults and so on.

Granted it did take a while getting going, but I personally enjoyed the ship part a lot even though not a lot happened, I just enjoyed the atmosphere.

Havn't even scratched the surface on the naval missions, or the various forts and feathers and additional little trinkets.

Loving it.

I have a question about the combat. Has the ability to target an enemy been removed?

During combat, yeah. But just move the stick towards them and you'll attack them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Tried to take a fort in the frontier earlier and the captain just disappeared into thin air :/

Travelled back to the Homestead then back again and he was still missing :confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Can't stress how good the naval missions are. Thought I finished them yesterday but thankfully I was wrong, as I unlocked two more earlier! Hopefully there is many more.

Anyway, completed the Homestead missions today.
    Achilles passing away was beautifully done.

• Advertisement

Getting sick of these game stopping glitches. Getting stuck in the environment and now spose to be following a guy who will only follow me. He is supposed to show me some tunnel but I'm just wandering around the place like a fool. On sequence 5, anyone else get this?

Edit: Okay, butchered my way to the yellow dot, not very assassin like.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Getting sick of these game stopping glitches. Getting stuck in the environment and now spose to be following a guy who will only follow me. He is supposed to show me some tunnel but I'm just wandering around the place like a fool. On sequence 5, anyone else get this?

I know the part you are talking about, didn't get a glitch though I've had a few guards get stuck in steps and even with their heads in clear view could not kill them. Found a weird glitch tonight, sometimes in the frontier I hear what sounds like studio echo, he jumps and it echos ..does anything and it echoes but fast traveling away and going back fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hey all,

I've never played any of the AC games before....should I start from the start, or just jump straight into AC3? I understand that this latest one is a different character and setting so it should be fine I presume?

Any feedback would be much appreciated

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'm only about 90 mins in and I'm loving it so far. I keep reading about the start being slow, and it is but that isn't a bad thing. It is nice to be eased back in after nearly a year away from the franchise.

It will auto target whoever you're pointing at,you can control it a little with the left stick. You can also pull the left trigger to go into a zoom view and you get an aiming reticule that targets someone specifically for ranged weapons like the muskets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Hey all,

I've never played any of the AC games before....should I start from the start, or just jump straight into AC3? I understand that this latest one is a different character and setting so it should be fine I presume?

It's all linked. If you aren't going to play them you should read a summary of their plots so you know whats going on. Or watch some playthroughs on Youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hey all,

If you jump straight into this, you might miss a few points in the overall story arc, but you can read up on them on wikipedia. Plus, there's a small recap at the start of this.

The game is split into two sections, the present and the past. The present is where the overall story arc is told and it's only a small fragment of the game. The past has it's own story, which ties into the overall story. You can easily play it and know reasonably well what's going on, without having to play the other games.

That said, the other games can be fun too, so if you get a chance to pick them up cheap, I'd say go for them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

MagicSean wrote: »

It's all linked. If you aren't going to play them you should read a summary of their plots so you know whats going on. Or watch some playthroughs on Youtube

Watch igns 7min roundup of the complete story
    And if you wanna find out everything
    Look at gamespots

Assassins creed the story so far its very detailed with every story bit from every game noting is missed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

There was a mission where I had to assassinate a templar leader standing up on a wooden platform with a wall behind him.

Twice, I tried to do the stealthy option and climb around the wall and kill him from behind, and both times, the game doesn't even acknowledge that I've killed him and the objective is still there even though he's already dead.

The third time I walk right up in front of him and shoot him and it instantly goes to the next cutscene!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm confused in sequence 5 at the beginning where connor says
    they all have to die don't they ? Even my father, Achilles: Especially your father

Is it just left for us to assume
    Connor was told by his mother of his father, but that diesn't explain how achilles could agree with him and know which of the pictures was his father, I mean they just met ffs
    :confused:

Or am I supposed to ignore this plot hole ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

calex71 wrote: »
    they all have to die don't they ? Even my father, Achilles: Especially your father

Connor was told by his mother of his father, but that diesn't explain how achilles could agree with him and know which of the pictures was his father, I mean they just met ffs

Achilles was friends with Connors mother. And the leader of the assassins in north America
    So not a plot hole really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Things like this really annoyed me!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

The whole game is full of plot holes,story is so bad,sequence 6 and 7 r poor.

Oak Island (Peg Leg mission) is glitched apparently. Very simple but due to the glitch, despite around twenty attempts I still haven't completed the first part -_-

Okay, I give up.

Connor was reading some book as a child which he hid from his mother, so I guessed that was stuff about his father.

As for Achilles, I just put it down to the resemblence between Haytam and Connor, and Achilles knowing a lot about the Templars that he would have known Ziio's tribe helped Haytham kill Braddock etc.

In the thick of Sequence 5, the naval battles are so class, loads of fun taking command of a boat, will be definitely spending some time on that.

Anyone know if I have 2 hidden blades or just one at the moment? I tried to kill 2 guards but only ended up attacking one.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Oak Island (Peg Leg mission) is glitched apparently. Very simple but due to the glitch, despite around twenty attempts I still haven't completed the first part -_-

Okay, I give up.

According to Youtube, just quit out to the main menu and it'll work. Tried it there myself, and it did indeed work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Penn wrote: »
    Connor was reading some book as a child which he hid from his mother, so I guessed that was stuff about his father.

As for Achilles, I just put it down to the resemblence between Haytam and Connor, and Achilles knowing a lot about the Templars that he would have known Ziio's tribe helped Haytham kill Braddock etc.

Ya great story telling there by the Devs/Creative directer, let the player figure it out for themselves :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Anybody traded this in for store credit at gamestop?
    How much are they giving?

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Ya great story telling there by the Devs/Creative directer, let the player figure it out for themselves :rolleyes:

Trust me, sometimes it's best if they do that instead of doing a Metal Gear Solid 4 on it and trying to explain every single little detail causing the cutscenes to be about as long as the game. If it's not something major or even really important at all, then it's not that big a deal.

That being said, there are some parts of the ending which they definitely need to revise and explain in the next game

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

sheehy83 wrote: »
    In the thick of Sequence 5, the naval battles are so class, loads of fun taking command of a boat, will be definitely spending some time on that.

Anyone know if I have 2 hidden blades or just one at the moment? I tried to kill 2 guards but only ended up attacking one.
    You have two, but can't do the double assassinations like in previous games (unless it's an ability you can unlock later).

Advertisement