Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

stevenmu wrote: »
    You have two, but can't do the double assassinations like in previous games (unless it's an ability you can unlock later).
    Hold right trigger and then press x to do a double assassination, you don't unlock it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Ya great story telling there by the Devs/Creative directer, let the player figure it out for themselves :rolleyes:
    The tribe mother is the one that sends you to Achilles, and mentions that he was friends with Zio (Not gonna attempt her full name! :pac:) so it's an easy assumption to make that he'd have known who he is, and what he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ShaneU wrote: »
    Hold right trigger and then press x to do a double assassination, you don't unlock it

Thanks lads, I must have missed that in the 5 hour tutorial or maybe it's yet to come. I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thanks lads, I must have missed that in the 5 hour tutorial or maybe it's yet to come. I'll give it a go.

I finished the game and didn't know it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Penn wrote: »
    Trust me, sometimes it's best if they do that instead of doing a Metal Gear Solid 4 on it and trying to explain every single little detail causing the cutscenes to be about as long as the game. If it's not something major or even really important at all, then it's not that big a deal.

That being said, there are some parts of the ending which they definitely need to revise and explain in the next game

Ya like
    William Miles, What was the point of the character. He really didn't add anything much besides the little tidbits when you spoke to him while wondering around the temple. The only reason I can see him being there is an excuse for Desmond to go back to Abstergo. I also felt that was horribly done. The whole bit with Cross, WTF!!! The most dangerous Assassin, the man who nearly destroyed the order and all I did was chase him for 30 seconds and then air assassinated him.... Vidic, the man who kidnapped me, threatened to kill me and pretty much torchered me, it was all over in an instant. In previous games these moments just felt way more powerful and meaningful. AC3 just fell flat and emotionless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Penn wrote:
    Trust me, sometimes it's best if they do that instead of doing a Metal Gear Solid 4 on it and trying to explain every single little detail causing the cutscenes to be about as long as the game. If it's not something major or even really important at all, then it's not that big a deal.
    But in fairness "I knew your mother. And unfortunately... your father."

There, I've explain the whole thing in one sentence. They did it in a really sloppy way in the game when a line here and a line there would fill in the gaps and stop people have to pause for a minute to wonder if it's a plot hole or if they're missing something.

To be honest, personally I don't care. I never felt the AC games had stories worth paying attention to. I came for the stabbing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm probably long over due a trip to spec savers but I can't for the life of me see these in the menus. Is there a list of the challenges for the huntsmen etc?

Also I picked up a few delivery missions in Boston just not when I went there in Seq 5 but got no indicators for them on the map :confused: Maybe I have to come back later and do them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm probably long over due a trip to spec savers but I can't for the life of me see these in the menus. Is there a list of the challenges for the huntsmen etc?

Also I picked up a few delivery missions in Boston just not when I went there in Seq 5 but got no indicators for them on the map :confused: Maybe I have to come back later and do them :confused:

Delivery items need to be found, stolen or crafted.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Delivery items need to be found, stolen or crafted.

Ah I see, is there somewhere in the menus I can see what I need / track it ?

Not sure what button 'select' (ps3) is on xbox but its found in the logbook - next option after the map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

For challenge specifics (on PS3), Select to go into the map, then use the left stick to scroll down to the relevant section, push the left stick right and it will bring up the details then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's funny that after 10 hours of tutorials, they still failed to explain how to play the game. :P I know that in a few months time I'll replay this and discover a load of commands I never knew existed. Adds replayability, I guess :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Wolfpack is a wonderful addition to multiplayer.

Sequence 23 my best so far. AFAIK 25 is the highest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Desmond's backpack clipping into his hoodie is wrecking my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i waiting for wii u version out on the 30 th of November

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just started this but I'm not going any further until I beat that prick on the boat at nine mens morris.

And I just noticed that it says beginner. This is embarrassing.

How do you level up the artisans? I have all these great recipes for weapons and such but can't use any of them. Again, the game explains none of this.

How do you level up the artisans? I have all these great recipes for weapons and such but can't use any of them. Again, the game explains none of this.

You have to do Homestead missions to upgrade them. Every mission you complete grants them access to craft different things.

I've done all the homestead missions so far (in sequence 7) I only have two artisans and they're both level 1

There's a a couple you have to do in the cities as well iirc

• Advertisement

The animation during the homestead cutscenes are pure awful compared to the campaign ,must have been done by a different team

The animation during the homestead cutscenes are pure awful compared to the campaign ,must have been done by a different team

They didn't bother with the Homestead cutscenes. I think it's as simple as that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Just when I was getting sick of the whole opening part of the game with Haytham - bam, how do you like them apples!

Finally finished up on my first experience of ACIII multiplayer. Played around a dozen games of Wolfpack mode. Average we seemed to get to was around Sequence 13 except for that one on the map based in Virginia I think. Got to Sequence 23 in that. Very much enjoyable and I can't recommend it enough for those venturing into multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Playing through revelations at the moment, have completed all the other games, after reading this thread very,very excited for this!

This and BO2 zombies will be my whole Christmas holidays!

Best line so far.... Achilles "You could have used a tree" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Best line so far.... Achilles "You could have used a tree" :D

Don't know how far you are, but the best i've gotten so far is "A beer in one hand, and a titty in the other". I won't say who so not to spoil it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nope, the quote of the game thus far is much simpler than that :p
    Sam Adams wrote:
    Arse!

I must be up to around hour ten at this point and I still feel like I'm in a tutorial. Honestly! It's definitely picked up a bit in sequence five but there's surely a more elegant way to get all of this across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭caste_in_exile

Am on horseback at the bottom of a lake. Was trying to cross it, became submerged.

actually this isn't even water anymore. Think I fell off the map. Or through it, maybe.. I want to like this game but it won't let me progress with the fluidity I desire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Am on horseback at the bottom of a lake. Was trying to cross it, became submerged.

actually this isn't even water anymore. Think I fell off the map. Or through it, maybe.. I want to like this game but it won't let me progress with the fluidity I desire

I didt even bother with the horses so annoying kept stoping and turning in the town areas

In the forests it was too clunky in parts aswell i just said sod it and ran with conner it was much much faster IMO

Advertisement