Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Want a medal or a blue peter badge?

can i have a chocolate bunny?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Helix wrote: »
    can i have a chocolate bunny?

Nope we all out :pac:

goddamnit

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Helix wrote: »
    id be surprised if it went that way

looking at the lead character, i dont think it will. i cant see him being a fan of either camps
    Axe, not a fan of Americans or English...

Native! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Definitely sounds like it alright, and it would fit in with Desomond's complexion. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

To be honest, that Victorian London idea sounds way more awesome than anything that's actually going to exist.

kotaku - saving me a bollocking from people i dont want to get a bollocking from

accc_1330566813.jpg

Looks cool, I must say! New info in the next few days, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What year is this around?

original.jpg

If I remember correctly.....that's the Betsy Ross Flag? 13 stars in a circle....I THINK it's around the 1780s onwards. I only took one module in American history and it was 6 years ago. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

That's right it looks like the Betsy Ross Flag, In use from 14 June 1777–1 May 1795 so 18 years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_flag_13_stars_%E2%80%93_Betsy_Ross.svg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Assassins Creed FB page has an updated version of the box art for number 3.

**EDIT**
    Up on Eurogamer now:

Official Assassin's Creed 3 box art confirms American Revolution setting
    **END EDIT**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Lads and ladies take out your books

Time to study the american revolution

TO THE LIBRARY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Was just coming on to post the cover art! Might as well stick a pic in thread

64997_10150594294993068_6119163067_9102681_1998473807_n.jpg

I've got to say, as much as I felt Brotherhood and Revelations particularly were disappointing, I've no idea what to expect with the this new one. And that has me kinda interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Of all the rumored settings this was the one I was least enamored with (Victorian London to me would be epic). I could be wrong, but from what I know there weren't exactly any epic cities in the US at that time. So they are going to have to change the gameplay in a big way, which may not be a bad thing really...considering the mess that was AC: Revelations.

Some new thinking might be what this series needs. I will reserve judgement.

Also, I find the fact that his tomahawk blade is the assassins symbol a bit lame. Very small criticism in fairness. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Noopti wrote: »
    Also, I find the fact that his tomahawk blade is the assassins symbol a bit lame. Very small criticism in fairness.
    I love it. Love the symbol and all the ways it's incorporated into the games as belt buckles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think the boxart is awesome. I'm super excited for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Very strange direction to go. I am completely in the dark about this now considering they tied up so many loose ends with Revelations and this will be a completely new character and life story.

Excited to see how it all ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

God i hope your man , whoever he is be like what mel gibson was in the patriot , weilding two axes ...yes please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Right now I am just hoping this character in not aligned to one side, I cant really tell from what he is wearing as it seems like a mix of native and American. Anyway really love that box art and that it's finally a fully fledged sequel where we might actually learn new something about the world ending plot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Brendog wrote: »
    this will be a completely new character and life story.

Thankfully, AC2 and it's addons dragged on way too long. Altiar was more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Not sure how I feel about the American Revolution setting but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt given the calibre of the series. New character is gonna have some big shoes to fill in replacing Ezio!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Yeah, the artwork is pretty and all, but I'd hoped it would help me feel excited about the setting and it's not happening. Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ì guess we might find something out in about 3 days, 9 hours and 22 minutes!

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac/en-GB/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Yeah, the artwork is pretty and all, but I'd hoped it would help me feel excited about the setting and it's not happening. Hmm.

This. It's not like it isn't good artwork, it's just... I dunno, it isn't doing anything for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Noopti wrote: »
    Also, I find the fact that his tomahawk blade is the assassins symbol a bit lame. Very small criticism in fairness. :P

I doubt it's replacing the hidden blade or anything like that. I'd say that it's more likely just to show that with a tomahawk in one hand and a gun in the other, the new assassin may have some Native American roots but also find himself on both sides of the war.

My hope is that the tomahawks somewhat replace the crossbow. Crossbow made the last two games too easy. Soon as someone sees you and warns you, crossbow. Using tomahawks instead would help if they implemented a system where you also need to collect the tomahawk from the body if you throw it (eg, you can only carry 3 tomahawks). That way, you'd use them less and sneak a bit more carefully.

By the looks of it, a bow and arrow may be replacing the cross bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Penn wrote: »
    I doubt it's replacing the hidden blade or anything like that. I'd say that it's more likely just to show that with a tomahawk in one hand and a gun in the other, the new assassin may have some Native American roots but also find himself on both sides of the war.

My hope is that the tomahawks somewhat replace the crossbow. Crossbow made the last two games too easy. Soon as someone sees you and warns you, crossbow. Using tomahawks instead would help if they implemented a system where you also need to collect the tomahawk from the body if you throw it (eg, you can only carry 3 tomahawks). That way, you'd use them less and sneak a bit more carefully.
    I dont think that they are annoyed by the presence of a tomahawk at all. It's the fact that his tomahawk blade is actually the assassin symbol.
    Personally, I love it.
    7969c2829b4657f8c173d089ac95a45ac995c9cf.jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

I agree that the cross bow did make the recent games too easy. Most of the timet hey were one shot kills with it and just made not getting caught on rooftops that much easier. Dont really know how to change that now that there is a bow and arrow included.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I dont think that they are annoyed by the presence of a tomahawk at all. It's the fact that his tomahawk blade is actually the assassin symbol.
    Personally, I love it.
    7969c2829b4657f8c173d089ac95a45ac995c9cf.jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

Oh sh*t... I didn't even notice that. I thought, since all the other game covers have the hidden blade but this one has a tomahawk and a gun that people thought the tomahawk was going to replace the hidden blade or something (a symbol of the assassins rather than the assassin's symbol)

Damn, that tomahawk looks brilliant :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I would still prefer an authentic looking Native American tomahawk than this fancy looking yoke. :P

Advertisement