Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭caste_in_exile

Will have to learn to adjust to dirt tracks, if I can find em its quite the departure from dancing across rooftops.

On the other hand the dynamic lighting is top notch, here.... very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've resorted to fast traveling when i can, just for the simple reason i will never finish the story with the amount of exploring i'm doing! 20+ hours and only finished Sequence 8...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I've resorted to fast traveling when i can, just for the simple reason i will never finish the story with the amount of exploring i'm doing! 20+ hours and only finished Sequence 8...

Same, 15+ and still on Sequence 7. Every time I start it up I say to myself "Ok, this time I'll do some story missions" and then I start playing and this happens:

"Ok, on my way to the main mission marker.Wait, that assassination contract is nearby, I'll just do that real quick. Ok Done, now to the sto- What's that guy calling me for? Ok Liberation mission will only take two seconds.... What it's a 3 part one? Ok I'll just finish the other two."

*looks at map*

"Nearly have this are cleared of Templar control, may as well just get them out completely so can get another assassin recruit."

*Templars cleared out*

"Hmmm my money could do with come bulking up, may be time to send off a convoy. all my options are pretty crap, will build up my homestead artisans some more"

/1 hour later

"Whew, ok time to send off a convoy! Damn all my stock really sucks, I'll go get some bear pelts real quick for some real cash money"

*30 minutes of bear genocide later*

"Convoy sent! Right, to the story missio- 2AM?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Did anybody else not buy anything during the runthrough of the game?

I didt spend a dime on anything and breezed through the game the upgrading never really felt like it was needed IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

biggebruv wrote: »

I didt spend a dime on anything and breezed through the game the upgrading never really felt like it was needed IMO

I bought a sword but only because I wanted to see if I could buy a sword. I think I bought some timber too but that was to make a new convoy to see if I could make a new convoy.

Other than that, I think I bought new arrows and rope darts twice.

Like you, I never really felt the need to upgrade anything.

• Advertisement

I bought an axe just for the fun of it and some supplies from my homesteaders to make stuff.

Neither were really necessary and think I only used the axe once as the tomahawk does pretty much everything you need and looks badass.

Oh and loads of rope dart refills, I love rope darts.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I bought an axe just for the fun of it and some supplies from my homesteaders to make stuff.

Neither were really necessary and think I only used the axe once as the tomahawk does pretty much everything you need and looks badass.

Oh and loads of rope dart refills, I love rope darts.

Only bad point about the rope darts is I was in one mission where you had to chase someone. After having trouble the first few times, I thought "I know, I'll use a rope dart to catch him and pull him in. I'm a genius!"

Yeah, that doesn't work. I'm not a genius.

Did anyone else not bother with bait and snares for animals. I just shot them with an arrow (deer and elk mostly). You still get the pelt which I think is the most expensive part, and skinning them means you get the arrow back. Was I missing out on anything by not using bait?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

biggebruv wrote: »

I bought a sword, the gunstock war club (looked nifty so I had to try it!), iron dagger (missed the tomahawk so went back to that), duckfoot pistol (as with war club) and an axe.

Basically spent money just to change it up a little and see the fancy different double kills with the weapons. The thing is, most of the weapons are weaker overall for the most part compared to the default weapons so there really isn't much point to wasting money on them.

As well as that, I did buy a couple of things for the Aquila ship too.

I did buy all the outfits and maps after completing the main story.

Actually have nothing left to do but for the 100% sync on some missions and the damn pivots now. Map is so empty :(

Penn wrote: »
    Only bad point about the rope darts is I was in one mission where you had to chase someone. After having trouble the first few times, I thought "I know, I'll use a rope dart to catch him and pull him in. I'm a genius!"

Yeah, that doesn't work. I'm not a genius.

Did anyone else not bother with bait and snares for animals. I just shot them with an arrow (deer and elk mostly). You still get the pelt which I think is the most expensive part, and skinning them means you get the arrow back. Was I missing out on anything by not using bait?

Never once used the snare outside of using it in that tutorial of sorts early on where you had to use it.

Used bait for the first time last night on a couple of bears, don't think you missed out on anything other than not getting attacked by animals.

Where do you guys get money from? After mostly just doing the story missions I had about $8500 when I finished, having only found a few chests. I couldn't really afford to do anything to the Aquila or buy anything too expensive

Is it just from chests and stuff? You don't really seem to get any (or much) money from the main missions.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Where do you guys get money from? After mostly just doing the story missions I had about $8500 when I finished, having only found a few chests. I couldn't really afford to do anything to the Aquila or buy anything too expensive

Is it just from chests and stuff? You don't really seem to get any (or much) money from the main missions.

Chests and now mostly trading.

Suggest looking at making saddles (you need to complete the Ellen missions in the Homestead) and sending them to the guy based in the Virgin Islands to maximise profit. 10 saddles to there will net you 10K profit after 40 odd minutes. Make sure to clear the waters, ie: complete a lot of the naval missions to lower risk percentage.

Naval and land convoys can be attacked and your goods lost as a result.

edit - and defeating the forts for land convoys, which tbh I wouldn't be overly bothered with doing for the sake of trading. All about the naval convoys for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What's the difference between using a convoy and just selling your stuff in a shop?

You get much better prices for it if you send by convoy instead of selling in a General Store.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

ShaneU wrote: »
    What's the difference between using a convoy and just selling your stuff in a shop?
    The obvious one is that you can send off a whole bunch of convoys, and then do something else while you wait, rather than having to travel all the way to shop yourself. Also, I haven't tried but you probably can't carry the bigger stuff like barrels yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Am on horseback at the bottom of a lake. Was trying to cross it, became submerged.

actually this isn't even water anymore. Think I fell off the map. Or through it, maybe.. I want to like this game but it won't let me progress with the fluidity I desire

Yeah, I fell through the ground by the shore near the Aquila, and ended up waaaay below ground looking up at the trees, had to restart from the previous checkpoint. Also got stuck on rocks on a few occasions, with the horse shuddering like it's having a fit.

My biggest gripe (probably mentioned previously) was the quicktime event buttons not appearing, since I had the SSI indicators turned off (the yellow/red icons over soldiers' heads). Without them, you can't fight wolves if they get close. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't fight them, until I watched a Youtube video which had the buttons popping up on-screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Stocked up on supplies earlier and noticed now when I actually need to use something most of my snares , bait, arrows etc are gone. Didn't use them, unless you lose them upon death :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Am really enjoying this now, the opening is pretty same old same old but once you become Conor it kicks up a gear, the freerunning through the trees is quit well done, thought it would be stupid looking trees everywhere but he moves around the trunks and branches really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Lock picking...............

Add it to the list

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

calex71 wrote: »
    Stocked up on supplies earlier and noticed now when I actually need to use something most of my snares , bait, arrows etc are gone. Didn't use them, unless you lose them upon death :confused:

That happened to me too, all my arrows , snares and bait mysteriously disappeared

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

RAIN wrote: »

Add it to the list
    I hated it at the start but there's a trick to it I think.....which makes it slightly less annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Do I need all bear pelts, skins, meat, etc for anythin in specific. I could sell a lot of stuff fir some cashola but worried I will need them to give a conviy ir craft something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Do I need all bear pelts, skins, meat, etc for anythin in specific. I could sell a lot of stuff fir some cashola but worried I will need them to give a conviy ir craft something.

You need 3 perfect ones, one to be sold in a general store in the 3 main locations for a trophy/achievement

Add it to the list

It's very simple to do.
    sheehy83 wrote: »

Just off the top of my head, I don't think you need the majority of stuff except for beaver pelts (something beaver related anyway) which you need along with bear grease if you do wish to make saddles for the reason I posted earlier.

Traded it for Halo 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Traded it for Halo 4.
    sorry how much u get for it?

30 I think?

the naval stuff is cool, the ships have a real weight to them and the battles are nicely done

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

This game is bad for my health...

I started a game at 12 midday, yesterday. It's now 4am and i've just stopped playing (minus half an hour for a run to the shop for provisions). I haven't ate properly. I'm sure i'm near DVT, and my time in the gym is very quickly being negated.

But, i was finished Sequence 8 last night before going to bed. So, after 15 1/2 hours of playing what have i done? Nothing story-wise! Haven't even started the first section of Sequence 9. My Homestead is coming along great, and i'm on the expert level for the Huntsmen, Frontiermen and Brawlers. I've collected all chests in Davenport and the Frontier. I've collected all Peg-Leg trinkets and been to
    Oak Island and got the fancy ring (for which there seems to be no apparent use yet)
    . I've liberated both Boston and New York and my Assassins are all Level 4. But i haven't touched the story.

35+ hours now. And i haven't tried MP yet. I never even spent this much time in a GTA game. Good thing i don't have a social life.

PS: I fooking love this game!!!

I'm doing all story stuff and not bothering much with the sidequests and liberating, I just wanted to get to be Conor in his assassin gear, just did the
    Boston Tea Party
    mission so will slow it down and start doing more non story stuff now. I'm really loving the setting of the game, its a period of history I love and they did a great job of tying actual events into the game, like during hte real Boston Tea Party the people who threw the tea in the river were dressed in fake Indian garb, which ties in to you paying a town crier to say it was a guy in native costume who assassinated someone earlier, its really well done. gaming history lessons ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

**** YOU ACHILLES AND YOUR ****ING UBER-FANORONA SKILLS! I WILL BEST YOU YET!

Advertisement