Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Im not really liking the story in this one, it just feels a bit weird to me like in last night i done some mission for some bloke where nothing really happened then i meet him again after it and he's like how dare you ask me to do some thing after what happened on the hill BUT NOTHING HAPPENED !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

**** YOU ACHILLES AND YOUR ****ING UBER-FANORONA SKILLS! I WILL BEST YOU YET!

I think there is a java version of it online you let him go 1st and input his move into the web based game and it tells you where to move....... I too lost a pretty penny to him :(

Ayone know where I can get smoke bombs or will they unlock later in the game, I'm half way through sequence 6 at the moment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

calex71 wrote: »
    I think there is a java version of it online you let him go 1st and input his move into the web based game and it tells you where to move....... I too lost a pretty penny to him :(

I managed to get to a point yesterday when I had seven or eight - scattered - pieces to his three, and he still won :(

I managed to get to a point yesterday when I had seven or eight - scattered - pieces to his three, and he still won :(

So annoying when you think you have him and calculated all the outcomes of your last move and he pulls a sweep of 5 ....6..... or even 7 moves from one turn :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

**** YOU ACHILLES AND YOUR ****ING UBER-FANORONA SKILLS! I WILL BEST YOU YET!

If you're still keen on trying to beat him, I suggest doing so before completing his Homestead missions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got to the max level 25 in Wolfpack. Good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i spent nearly an hour playing checkers earlier

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Got knocked out of the top 10 in deatmatch leaderboard,it was a good run.

krudler wrote: »
    i spent nearly an hour playing checkers earlier

Tis very addictive alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Where can i find bears? I havent seen any!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    The woods

The-Frontier-Map-Assassins-Creed-3.jpg

John's Town. There is one, sometimes two bears along the water's edge.

Saw one somewhere else yesterday, might have been in the Scotch Plains.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Press select to go to the map, up to go to the wildlife map, and right to select each individual animal and it's known locations (it'll only show if you have discovered them).

Another 12 hours today and only 1 sequence completed. Have finished everything to do with the Brawlers and Hunters. Thoroughly enjoyed Sequence 9, it was great
    teaming up with Daddy, i was waiting for him to pull a sneaky kill attempt
    . Have all my Recruits at Assassin level. Gets very easy once they're all level 4 or more, and they're all at max with only about half the missions done. Pity you don't get more money per contract.

Oh, for anyone that is into it, you get savage return if you craft the Officers Swords and send them by Navy. With all the Naval missions done, they risk is only 5% for 2 of the traders. Didn't really like the crafting at first, but it's a handy little money earner if done right (and you have your Homestead population leveled up).

I don't want this game to end. Maybe that's why i'm so reluctant to keep doing the missions. Or it could be the fact that aside from the main story, there is hunting, collecting, crafting, trading, 5 different minigames with varying levels, Liberation missions, Assassin recruit missions, collection lists, delivery requests, fight club, mythbusters (Frontier Camp missions)
    The Headless Horseman ended abruptly!
    ), hunting missions (different from hunting). The only thing i'm missing from the previous games is the large interior building exploration. This is how to make a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, game is just epic! It really deserves so much play time! Horses are ridiculous, by the time I bring up the whistle, mount it, get stuck in a hedge and trot at low stamina, I could have run faster! I'm on sequence 7 at the moment, trying to plough through the story as I have a few other games begging to be played and Black Ops next week.

Oh and the 1 Desmond section I played was just class! I feel like Ubi could make a modern day AC story very possible.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Oh and the 1 Desmond section I played was just class! I feel like Ubi could make a modern day AC story very possible.

If it came to any combat, things could become fairly bad though, as any kind of modern weapons would pretty much break how things work with the games.

Yeah, they would have to make some world rules where guns are rare or like Sleeping Dogs, keep it melee with the odd gun fight thrown in. I think UBI said before that they would never make a modern day game anyway, most likely for your reason above.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They could probably still make some more modern-day bits where you just aren't allowed to be detected. That'd solve the guns issue (a proper reason why you can't be detected), you could still have silent kills and assassinations, and you could have new gameplay bits where you also have to avoid security cameras and stuff.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Tis very addictive alright.

and yet if someone asked me to play it in real life I'd probably laugh :pac:

• Advertisement

Skyrim has instilled a fear of bears in me, much easier to deal with in AC3 though, minigame stabbyness ahoy.

I hadn't found ANY bears at all, and was disappointed by it... UNTIL I was wandering around the woods not far from the lighthouse on Great Piece Hills, when I stumbled across what I have dubbed as "Bear Hill". Within the space of 2 minutes I'd killed 5 of them, then another three as I went down near the water!
    I felt bad about the last two of them, as I'd seen two bear cubs, and followed them, till I got attacked by what I can only assume to be the momma bear, then pappa bear... I left Bear Hill feeling like a monster...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I hadn't found ANY bears at all, and was disappointed by it... UNTIL I was wandering around the woods not far from the lighthouse on Great Piece Hills, when I stumbled across what I have dubbed as "Bear Hill". Within the space of 2 minutes I'd killed 5 of them, then another three as I went down near the water!
    I felt bad about the last two of them, as I'd seen two bear cubs, and followed them, till I got attached by what I can only assume to be the momma bear, then pappa bear... I left Bear Hill feeling like a monster...

I found two bears by the edge of a river before. I was going to kill them but they weren't aggressive toward me so I let them be.

I may be an Assassin, but I'm no Templar.

I found two bears by the edge of a river before. I was going to kill them but they weren't aggressive toward me so I let them be.

I may be an Assassin, but I'm no Templar.

Say that again once not-so-gentle Ben has tried to cuddle maul you :D

I usually get attacked by packs of 3 or 4 of them :D

Yeah its fecking bear central for me anytime I go off into the woods, came across a whole family of the things last night. Let the bears pay the bear tax, its like a frigging bear jamboree around here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

bought this game but havent played it yet, i can bearly wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

krudler wrote: »
    Yeah its fecking bear central for me anytime I go off into the woods, came across a whole family of the things last night. Let the bears pay the bear tax, its like a frigging bear jamboree around here!

Ubisoft have released a patch today to actually increase the amount of bears.

If you go down to the woods today you're sure of a big surprise...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I felt bad about the last two of them, as I'd seen two bear cubs, and followed them, till I got attached by what I can only assume to be the momma bear, then pappa bear... I left Bear Hill feeling like a monster...

Thanks for the info. You're now the cause of a huge bear genocide at my hands!!

I wont kill the cubs.... but I will make them watch.

i can bearly wait!

Bear joke :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Right, so before I decided to finish the last 2 sequences I said id finish up everything else first. Only, I've encountered a bug. A bug that doesnt allow me pick up 2 delivery missions... I'm not alone, but it doesnt effect everyone apparently. If anyone is in Boston, on ps3, can ye see if ye can get the south boston delivery mission to activate? I get a "Thank you" but no list... :-(

Edit: and literally as I posted this it just activated...

Edit edit: for anyone else, when you interact with the giver, walk around until it auto-saves and gives you the list, don't fast travel.

Advertisement