Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

was doing a missions for Paul Revere and came across a guy wearing a green shirt, and y fronts, are Ubisoft Breaking Bad fans? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just finished the main story a few minutes ago and looked at the clock... 12:12!!! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Fuppin hell these end credits are long

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Fuppin hell these end credits are long
    Was just thinking the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Man i'm trying my best to enjoy this having restarted it again after playing it for an hour or two last weekend but I just find it so boring still haven't even started as Connor then. I'm at the mission where you have to free 3 prisoners without getting detected which i'm finding quite hard when the 2 guards are getting suspicious of me at the same time. Tried it 3 times already but I always get detected and tbh couldn't be arsed trying again. Finding the controls fiddly as fu*k too. Think i'll finish off Revelations and just ignore this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

GTR63 wrote: »
    Man i'm trying my best to enjoy this having restarted it again but I just find it so boring still haven't even started as Connor then. I'm at the mission where you have to free 3 prisoners without getting detected which i'm finding quite hard when the 2 guards are getting suspicious at the same time. Tried it 3 times already but I always get detected and tbh couldn't be arsed trying again. Finding the controls fiddly as fu*k too. Think i'll finish off Revelations and just ignore this.

Is that not just one of the 100% sync things? So you don't actually have to free them without getting detected, just free them and get away?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

GTR63 wrote: »
    Man i'm trying my best to enjoy this having restarted it again after playing it for an hour or two last weekend but I just find it so boring still haven't even started as Connor then. I'm at the mission where you have to free 3 prisoners without getting detected which i'm finding quite hard when the 2 guards are getting suspicious of me at the same time. Tried it 3 times already but I always get detected and tbh couldn't be arsed trying again. Finding the controls fiddly as fu*k too. Think i'll finish off Revelations and just ignore this.

that mission is a pain, I just waited until the guard wasnt looking and legged it to each prisoner, got sick of being detected, its actually much easier to just run

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

krudler wrote: »
    that mission is a pain, I just waited until the guard wasnt looking and legged it to each prisoner, got sick of being detected, its actually much easier to just run

I freed two by using corner-assassination and other sneaky methods, got spotted at the third, and killed the guard. All was well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Right, so finally got around to playing this last week. Skipped about 400 posts in the thread, so sorry if these aspects have been discussed already. :P

I'm up to about S3 I think last mission I've done was
    where you carry out your first proper assassination with Haytham in the Redcoat disguise.

I dunno, I'm liking it, but I'm not loving it. The combat feels more awkward than previous iterations, and the free running and climbing (which let's face it was never perfect) just doesn't feel right. The problems with free running are amplified in this game for me for some reason. Was trying to sprint down a set of steps and Haytham ended up trying to climb the wall. He fell down, turned around and tried to climb a lamp post.

Story wise, so far it's brilliant as usual, although the very first mission in the
    Opera House was terrible. There's only so much a person can suspend disbelief when you're climbing up the side of the building in front of hundreds of people

Even though the combat is kind of irritating, I still love massive skirmishes. Chaining kills and looking at A MASSIVE PILE of bodies after the fight is oddly satisfying.

Haven't got the day 1 patch yet, but have only noticed one bug which was just a missing sound effect so no biggie really.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Well, imo I found that the long introduction was effective as it made us connect and like Haytham
    before he was discovered to be an asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Well i finished it earlier today, I liked the Desmond part of the ending and i think that next game should be cool if it goes anything like that.

Over all though i gotta say some of the bugs really chipped away at the games enjoy ability, i think story and setting wise this was the most boring assassins creed ive played.

I dont see myself picking up any more titles if this goes the route of Ac2 and its sequels as the historic setting i found insanely uninteresting and the way shoved connor didnt really work for me.

And the parts i found most enjoyable was actually running around as desmond sticking guards in the neck with the hidden blade, the homestead missions and the naval battles, i disliked the cities they were very unmemorable and most of the missions.

shame il probaly trade this in at some stage now ive finished it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Decided to finish the story last night.
    The last Connor mission was amazingly done imo. After shooting Lee and then tracking him down the cut scene where you catch up with him in the bar was quality, it felt more like watching a movie then playing a game. The Desmond ending was a bit weak imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just got to New York there and have found Skyrim levels of bugginess. Some places where I try and climb up onto a ledge I suddenly rocket up into the sky, several NPCs are just heads moving along the ground, all soldiers treat me as if I have 3 notoriety despite my being incognito (I'm not sure if this is a bug or if New York just hates me) and several soldiers have been stuck in looped animations.

I'm really enjoying the game, but it certainly feels rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

They only bug I got was when the game froze after I picked up a feather.

Great game, I really enjoyed the combat a lot more in this although at the start i thought the opposite. Its a shame there are no difficulty levels or I would start again.

Whens Hitman out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

They only bug I got was when the game froze after I picked up a feather.

Great game, I really enjoyed the combat a lot more in this although at the start i thought the opposite. Its a shame there are no difficulty levels or I would start again.

Whens Hitman out?

Out next tuesday I think. Can't wait because I'll be able to get rid of Assassin's Creed then, I was bored at the start then it got going now I'm on sequence 10 and I'm bored again :(

Trying for 100% sync on the mission and getting screwed by the games controls / context sensitive bits at every turn = very frustrating :mad:
    As for the rest of the side missions etc I stated doing them and then gave up for the same reason, 100% sync on naval missions if extremely frustrating.

Edit: I could be totally imagining this here but to me the multiplayer actually controls and responds more accurately than the main game does........

For anyone looking to trade this in I just did so on my lunch in Gamestop and it traded in for €43.75.

Frisbee wrote: »
    For anyone looking to trade this in I just did so on my lunch in Gamestop and it traded in for €43.75.

was that put on a pre-order or just straight up store credit?

I ask because they did have an offer a while ago that gave 25% on trades if you pre ordered something.

No pre-order.

Traded AC3 and Bioshock 2 for Dishonored.

Also had to part with a whole 74c :mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Well I've finished the game, I could have done days ago but I've been busy and wanted to make the game last. I never had any freezing issues and glitch wise nothing major happened. The only annoying thing is I was going for the trophy for buying all the weapons from the store, I bought everything available both in the last sequence and when the game actually ends but it never popped. Either it glitched or you have to build all of the weapons available too, I wasn't going for 100% but I did spend something like 90,000 on all of the weapons to try and get it.

I'm just really looking forward to Hitman on the 20th, I still think Ac3 was very enjoyable and any time I did see anything dodgy like a group of soldiers appear out of thin air it was easy to ignore it and just remind myself I'm in the animums so things can't be perfect. I really only wanted the game for the exploring and all of the hunting, I don't know if its glitches more on one particular system but I've been playing it on the ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I know this has been said in the thread but can anyone help me with the lockpicking of the chests ass the ones on the forts are allways locked. I I have the L & R button down fine i think (Is there more then one position they can lock) but when it comes to pushing the RT button the timer (lock) allways beats me. Is there a knack or something. Only on Sequence 6 and enjoying it a lot.

• Advertisement

I found using 2 hands with lock picking works best, find which way the picks go in with the sticks then rest the control on your leg or wherever and hold the sticks in place with your left fingers then with the right hand use your index finger to tap r1. It takes a bit of getting use to but I got through every chest in about 4 seconds using that method, works every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Just finished it there. Really enjoyed it but felt a few faults held it back. I'd have it behind 2 and Revalations as the best in the series. Sometimes I felt they were trying to push the hardware too much and the frontier felt barren at times, while there were a few annoying glitches.

Re the ending:
    Felt Connors part was well done but would have liked a bit more interactivity. Desmond, though, I was meh about. It felt like it was purely setting up another game to me, and the twist was a bit much imo. Also, if Juno had the power to stop the disaster, why didn't she do that in the 1st place while originally alive? Was she the only 1st civ to be able to do it or what?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

One of the developers answering questions for any thats interested
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/134w2f/iama_developer_on_assassins_creed_iii_ask_me/

Well I've finished the game, I could have done days ago but I've been busy and wanted to make the game last. I never had any freezing issues and glitch wise nothing major happened. The only annoying thing is I was going for the trophy for buying all the weapons from the store, I bought everything available both in the last sequence and when the game actually ends but it never popped. Either it glitched or you have to build all of the weapons available too, I wasn't going for 100% but I did spend something like 90,000 on all of the weapons to try and get it.

I'm just really looking forward to Hitman on the 20th, I still think Ac3 was very enjoyable and any time I did see anything dodgy like a group of soldiers appear out of thin air it was easy to ignore it and just remind myself I'm in the animums so things can't be perfect. I really only wanted the game for the exploring and all of the hunting, I don't know if its glitches more on one particular system but I've been playing it on the ps3.

Is there an achievement for that ? I don't think there is least not on xbox just looking at what I have left to do, unless you mean the one to complete all the challenges from one of the clubs? Check the Brawlers ones, that one for buying the weapons was one of theirs.

Oh yeah it was the last brawlers challenge. I was after a silver trophy for completing a full set of club challenges, in the end I got it last night by finishing all the hunting ones. I couldn't get the brawlers one because I'm guessing it glitched and the other one wanted me to beat washington in bowls ..came close a few times but never beat him. After I get all the naval stuff I might try the multiplayer or replay some missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Just finished it there. Really enjoyed it but felt a few faults held it back. I'd have it behind 2 and Revalations as the best in the series. Sometimes I felt they were trying to push the hardware too much and the frontier felt barren at times, while there were a few annoying glitches.

Re the ending:
    Felt Connors part was well done but would have liked a bit more interactivity. Desmond, though, I was meh about. It felt like it was purely setting up another game to me, and the twist was a bit much imo. Also, if Juno had the power to stop the disaster, why didn't she do that in the 1st place while originally alive? Was she the only 1st civ to be able to do it or what?
    Of couse its setting it up for another game. But in what way will desmond be around will they do a game with Subject 16 will it be someone else with the animus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Of couse its setting it up for another game. But in what way will desmond be around will they do a game with Subject 16 will it be someone else with the animus
    Obviously it was going to leave it open for another game but my problem is that I felt that that was all the ending did, set up the next game. I thought there would be more closure, especially after 5 games. The solution to the coming disaster was kind of weak and didn't really tie in with the 1st Civilisation's inability to stop it originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I wonder who thought it would be a good idea for Ben Franklin's missing pages to blow in the wind. I find it very irritating when they get away. And they often do because they are hard to keep an eye on as they blend into the snowy backgrounds.

I wonder who thought it would be a good idea for Ben Franklin's missing pages to blow in the wind. I find it very irritating when they get away. And they often do because they are hard to keep an eye on as they blend into the snowy backgrounds.

If you check it out on the map, see which end of the building it's on, and then approach from the other side, it usually blows in the direction that's easy to follow by fast running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

I know i'm well behind the times as i won't be getting ac3 till xmas but i absolutely love all the other games. I'm not a huge gamer and just recently discovered ac. I got all the other games second hand and playing revelations at the mo. Absolutely love them and can't wait for ac3 which i will get as a xmas pressie. Really looking forward to the american revolution theme also as have a big interest in that and just love america in general :)

As i said woudn't be as up to date as you guys but can anyone recommend any other games that would be like this? Because i am defo a huge assassins creed fan.

Advertisement