Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Oh and also as i am behind the times its good in a way as if i'm stuck on something theres some great walkthroughs on youtube etc that always gets me through it. Might be a bit poor for choices now as ac3 is so new?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm getting to a point in the game now were it is starting to open up. I've enjoyed it so far but it is just getting better and better now. However, I have noticed a couple of things that I was wondering about.

There is a Frontiersman mission called Man Eater.
    I have found the cave with the bear but I can't lure it out. I have carried the body into the cave but it never triggers the bear.
    Anyone else having issues with this?

Also I have two treasures on the Frontier map that I cannot get to. I can get to within 9meters of it and it appears to be telling me that the treasure is below ground. Is this a glitch or am I missing an underground cave?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'm getting to a point in the game now were it is starting to open up. I've enjoyed it so far but it is just getting better and better now. However, I have noticed a couple of things that I was wondering about.

I have found the cave with the bear but I can't lure it out. I have carried the body into the cave but it never triggers the bear.

Also I have two treasures on the Frontier map that I cannot get to. I can get to within 9meters of it and it appears to be telling me that the treasure is below ground. Is this a glitch or am I missing an underground cave?

Caves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I have just done the man eater mission I had issue that it did not show me the cave first time and the marker went. You may have to resart it. Are you sure you placed the body correct.

In relation to the chests and peg leg ya there are caves in the frontier. Either check on side of cliffs or sometimes it might be a man on top of a nearby rock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ah lads.

QTE in S3 with wolves. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ah lads.

Get used to them

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Get used to them

I'm sad to say I tried about six times, got frustrated and shut it off.

F*cking DESPISE QTE's.

I'm sad to say I tried about six times, got frustrated and shut it off.

F*cking DESPISE QTE's.

Wait till you come up against a bear or elk. Wolves are probably the easiest.

Wait till you come up against a bear or elk. Wolves are probably the easiest.

At the rate I'm going, I likely never encounter a bear.

I'm worried really. Usually I can't tear myself away from an AC game, but I played for ~15 minutes today before I gave up, and that was the first I'd played of the game in about 6 days.

I want to like the game, but I'm finding it really hard to get into it. :(

• Advertisement

At the rate I'm going, I likely never encounter a bear.

I'm worried really. Usually I can't tear myself away from an AC game, but I played for ~15 minutes today before I gave up, and that was the first I'd played of the game in about 6 days.

I want to like the game, but I'm finding it really hard to get into it. :(

Persevere, it gets much better. It's just extremely slow to get started. I felt the same as you but I absolutely loved it after the 1st few sequences.

Persevere, it gets much better. It's just extremely slow to get started. I felt the same as you but I absolutely loved it after the 1st few sequences.

That's what I've heard alright. S6 seems to be the point at which it gets better by all accounts.

Which is ridiculous... Six sequences of glorified tutorials is a bit much... :\

Gonna get some distance from it and try again next week. Think if I try those QTE's again tonight I might end up giving up for good. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

This was amazing and hard to argue against.

So I send out my first convoy and I got a message to say it was being attacked. I couldn't see where it was on the map. I fast travelled to the Frontier and I could see the convoy on the map. I tried to make it there in time but just as I was about to get there I ran out of time.

Question is how do I get a new caravan? I read I have to have the recipe for a new caravan. Is this recipe just found randomly?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I want to get
    Ezio's
    outfit, I read that it's on the Uplay store but I can't connect to it. Anyone else having trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Anyone having problems with side missions not starting? All I'm getting is a thank you message. Happens with couriers and assassination contracts etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone having problems with side missions not starting? All I'm getting is a thank you message. Happens with couriers and assassination contracts etc

Wait next to them until the criteria finish updating in the top left or check the log , press select press down to go to log book and choose the delivery / courier / assassination category.

In other news I got all the achievements tonight and over all I'm glad to be done with it, as much as I complained about revelations this was a farce. Too worn out to go into a rant on it now..... TBC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ah lads.

Ah the QTEs with the wolves,I remember my very first one with haythem I shot the wolf just as it lunged into the QTE
    Felt like this after it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Omfg the credits are ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

On sequence 5 and i am very disappointed in it so far.
    Its not as bad as revelations but i am feeling the series has gone downhill after brotherhood and grown stale.

I hope it gets better ...

• Advertisement

Its not as bad as revelations but i am feeling the series has gone downhill after brotherhood and grown stale.

It does, next sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

The ship battle in S9 is doing my head in, can't seem to hit the mast

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

bazkennedy wrote: »
    The ship battle in S9 is doing my head in, can't seem to hit the mast

Did you switch the weapons? It's not the cannonballs you need, it's another weapon which is essentially two cannonballs on a chain. I think you open the weapon wheel and change it

There is a big patch coming next week for ACIII. An impressively long list of fixes (which contains spoilers).

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I finished Seq 7 yesterday and still waiting for this improvement.

I'm on sequence 6 at the moment but I haven't started the main mission yet. I'm waiting for the big patch to hit during the week. I've been concentrating on side missions and collectibles. I am pretty disappointed with the reward for collecting all the feathers. Just a
    new outfit
    , not even a Trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Penn wrote: »
    Did you switch the weapons? It's not the cannonballs you need, it's another weapon which is essentially two cannonballs on a chain. I think you open the weapon wheel and change it
    Did I miss that bit in the 10 hour tutorial or is it another thing we were expected to somehow know? I only found out yesterday that you can send of your guild members to complete contracts in other states.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

humanji wrote: »
    Did I miss that bit in the 10 hour tutorial or is it another thing we were expected to somehow know?

It says it in that mission. I didn't know about it until that point either, but when it said to destroy the mast rather than the ship, it tells you how to do it, so I presumed that was the tutorial for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Maybe people are just too used to being handheld in games these days. I found having to find out how to do everything myself a bit more interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Maybe people are just too used to being handheld in games these days. I found having to find out how to do everything myself a bit more interesting.
    Well there's a difference between handholding and not letting players know that certain aspects of a game exist. The little hints that pop up don't stay up long enough to be read if you're doing anything else at that time, so it's far too easy to miss these things.

And what makes it worse is that it takes it's time to explain certain aspects and doesn't explain others at all. The crafting, which is fairly superfluous to the game, has a step by step walkthrough. The assassin's guild, which is something that's much more important to the game, has a quick flash of a hint. It's a very odd decision for the developer to make.

Advertisement