Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'm loving this game. i'm 30 hours into a playthrough (sequence 10 + crap loads of side missions) very addictive. No glitches or bugs yet apart from a bear getting a bit stuck inside a tree somehow. The sheer scale of the game is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Whats the trade in value for this game? anyone know xtravision or gamestops prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ronoc 1

im surprised that people arent seeing glitches in their games,maybe its only on the xbox its giving trouble.For instance whenever im travelling through new york or boston, especially on horse back,people on the street just seem to disappear the closer i get to them,still like the game its just annoying.

There was one funny glitch where i had to beat up someone up for a liberation mission and i accidently hit him with an axe,thought i failed the mission but he got up and walked away with said axe still in his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

ronoc 1 wrote: »
    im surprised that people arent seeing glitches in their games,maybe its only on the xbox its giving trouble.For instance whenever im travelling through new york or boston, especially on horse back,people on the street just seem to disappear the closer i get to them,still like the game its just annoying.

There was one funny glitch where i had to beat up someone up for a liberation mission and i accidently hit him with an axe,thought i failed the mission but he got up and walked away with said axe still in his head.

I'm still only on S3, but the only glitches I've gotten were a missing sound effect (when I was riding in the carriage
    when you were taking the Natives to the compound for the first assassination
    I couldn't hear the wheels on the ground.

The only other I got was when one of those guys that randomly starts punching you in the street (like the Brutes in ACII), I couldn't punch him back or draw my blade. Haytham wouldn't even run, I had to walk slowly away.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Whats the trade in value for this game? anyone know xtravision or gamestops prices?

Smyths were offering €37 early last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This is probably my favourite AC game but it is definitely unfinished.

I've been doing a load of exploring but it has been partly ruined because I can't seem to find viewpoints anymore. New York seemed fine as I hear the north part, you have to explore anyway but I've been looking around the frontier for ages as half the area isn't covered. I finally confirmed my suspicions when I saw an eagle and followed it to where it landed. When I got up there I could interact instead of synchronise but it did the exact same thing. No legends should up in the uncovered area but that could just be because there aren't any.

It's very annoying as I need to get a lot more trinkets which I can't find. I'm hoping once if finish the next sequence it might fix itself.

The next is mostly poor design and testing. They didn't do much with the underground as there are several pieces where you can see green static through the walls. And on a game design point it makes no sense that you have to blow up the same piece of wood again when you already did it. It should save like when you open a door in the underground.

Anyway I'm actually really enjoying the game but there is no doubt it was rushed. Next update should be important.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've just gotten past
    Desmond's Brazil level
    . I'd almost go as far as saying the pure story stuff is the weakest and most awkward content (****ing hate tailing missions) whereas the game comes alive when you're just roaming the frontier or engaging with the naval missions. There's clearly tonnes of development shortcuts though - amusing how many of the sync points are just the same damn tree! I'm enjoying it still, but either needed more time or a scale-down with attention being lavished on individual missions / tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

amusing how many of the sync points are just the same damn tree!

And yet I still manage to jump out of the f*cking thing every time...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I've just gotten past
    Desmond's Brazil level
    . I'd almost go as far as saying the pure story stuff is the weakest and most awkward content (****ing hate tailing missions) whereas the game comes alive when you're just roaming the frontier or engaging with the naval missions. There's clearly tonnes of development shortcuts though - amusing how many of the sync points are just the same damn tree! I'm enjoying it still, but either needed more time or a scale-down with attention being lavished on individual missions / tasks.
    I was just doing that section (and the bits just before and after) the other night. Out of about 2 hours of game time, it felt like about 1 hour of actual play. And for large parts of that I wasn't really playing, I was just exactly following the script Ubi had laid out for me, for e.g. when you are
    walking to the gallows
    it didn't matter what direction I pushed the stick, Connor just slowly walked in whatever direction they had scripted. It might as well have just been a cut scene, I had zero control over anything.

There's a lot of things to love about this game, I just wish they would trust me to play it. I'm sick of all these sections where they decide that you can't run, jump, fight etc.

They really need to get a bunch of Valve guys in to show them how to tell a story while letting people actually play the fncking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Anyone tried the MUltiplayer. The wolfpack is great fun with a few friends.The other game modes are pretty good too. BLops 2 is talking up my time though for this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Really disappointed with the game overall so far. im on sequence 9

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm on sequence 9 now, should all my homestead artisans be levelled up by now? I have 5 artisans and only two of them are on level 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm on sequence 9 now, should all my homestead artisans be levelled up by now? I have 5 artisans and only two of them are on level 2.

There was a bug/glitch/intention where if you didn't do the Homestead missions in the sequence you were supposed to then you would not be able to do them later. If i remember correctly, you should have a few leveled up beyond 2 at this stage. And, if memory serves me correctly, there ain't much to do in Sequence 10 & 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have a question about the artisans too.

Right now I only seem to be able to choose woodworker to craft items. But I have met the huntress, lumberers and farmers. I've also done all the homestead missions I've come across. Do I have to wait till later in the game to get them to craft items? I'm on Sequence 6 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I have a question about the artisans too.

Right now I only seem to be able to choose woodworker to craft items. But I have met the huntress, lumberers and farmers. I've also done all the homestead missions I've come across. Do I have to wait till later in the game to get them to craft items? I'm on Sequence 6 right now.
    I think you get a carpenter and after that you can start crafting. Keep doing all the homestead missions you can find (some are in your home, the frontier and Boston etc) and when you can't find any more, do the story missions to move on to the next sequence. It's about sequence 9 when you're able to craft everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

After two playthroughs I have to say this game is the worst in the series and charging 12 bucks to unlock all the stuff is shameful. Im not buying the next one.

There was a bug/glitch/intention where if you didn't do the Homestead missions in the sequence you were supposed to then you would not be able to do them later. If i remember correctly, you should have a few leveled up beyond 2 at this stage. And, if memory serves me correctly, there ain't much to do in Sequence 10 & 11.

Feck sake. So that means I can't get 100% because of a glitch.

Numpties.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You can go back and play through those sequences, can't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Feck sake. So that means I can't get 100% because of a glitch.

Numpties.

It's fine the glitch was in relation to the encyclopedia of modern man, it doesn't count to 100% you should be able to do the homestead missions at any point, in fact some won't progress until the very later stages of the main game, and achillies ones not until after you finish.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Did the majority of Homestead missions after completing the main story.

• Advertisement

Alright, fair enough. Good to know.

The most tedious part of the game must be the underground stuff, walking around looking for exits and those pulley puzzles are a pain in the balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Alright, fair enough. Good to know.

The most tedious part of the game must be the underground stuff, walking around looking for exits and those pulley puzzles are a pain in the balls.
    I'm on sequence 11 now and haven't done one of them since the first one they made me do.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Has anyone else been hanging around, waiting for the PC release tomorrow?

I eventually got around to playing Revolutions, but played a game from the series on the PC for the first time.
    As much as I disliked the free-running controls on the X-Box, they were pretty horrible on PC with a mouse.

AC3 seems to have had a few graphical updates for the PC version, but that doesn't mean much after reading some of your opinions on gameplay / glitches / enjoyment value!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just finished the naval / Peg-Leg missions (great stuff, all of 'em), and have rounded up all the Homestead inhabitants. Only on sequence nine.

I've just run out of all the fun stuff, haven't I? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone having trouble with naval convoys? I've done all the naval missions and I'm still getting a really high risk rate from all the merchants, I'm after losing two convoys that were sent to the virgin islands. I got a feeling that it might be glitched.

How do I actually go back to earlier sequences and do the homestead missions? I went back to sequence 6 and did the first mission, thinking you could free-roam afterwards and do the homestead missions, but when I completed the mission I was sent back to the DNA tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've only got three Assassin's unlocked at the moment but they seem to be fairly bloody useless. When I send them on a mission they keep failing and when I call them into a fight they are always getting knocked out. Pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

30 quid on G2play today and tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Anyone else distinctly underwhelmed with AC3? I got it for ps3 on launch day, played a few hours and didnt bother with it since. I dont like the setting, the story or the characters. I'm not gonna bother finishing it and I've just watched the endings on youtube. Assassins Creed should have died with Ezio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Anyone else distinctly underwhelmed with AC3? I got it for ps3 on launch day, played a few hours and didnt bother with it since. I dont like the setting, the story or the characters. I'm not gonna bother finishing it and I've just watched the endings on youtube. Assassins Creed should have died with Ezio.

Yea i think its the worst one to date, i completed it though i actually liked the ending the part not related to connor the setting and history period did nothing but bore me. But i traded it in straight away if they go the ac2 route with this and release several connor sequels i dont see myself buying them. :(

Advertisement