Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm on sequence 7 and started skipping cutscenes. Lost all interest in connors story. Im mad to carry on desmonds bit, does that come naturally or do I have to exit the animus to start it?

If you are bored of Connors and want to see how Desmond fairs instead you will be disappointed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

tok9 wrote: »
    If you are bored of Connors and want to see how Desmond fairs instead you will be disappointed. :(

I've heard the Desmond stuff is pretty good in this one... I'll be disappointed if it's not given that it's been confirmed by Ubi ages ago that it's his last game.

I've always felt Desmond got a raw deal in the series tbh. He didn't start to get properly utilised (IMO) until the credit sequence of ACII, by which time a lot of fans already had their minds made up about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

finally got around to playing it, this morning and pumped about 3 hours in to it there, very boring and monotone, the fighting and gunplay seems sloopy and a bit glitchy. looks like too much money was pumped in to the production of the game and advertising instead of making an entertaining exciting game.

loved brotherhood, not bothered going back to this at all. not many games lived up to their titles this year compared to last year where we had uncharted and batman etc.

bring on friday and far cry..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

finally got around to playing it, this morning and pumped about 3 hours in to it there, very boring and monotone, the fighting and gunplay seems sloopy and a bit glitchy. looks like too much money was pumped in to the production of the game and advertising instead of making an entertaining exciting game.

loved brotherhood, not bothered going back to this at all. not many games lived up to their titles this year compared to last year where we had uncharted and batman etc.

Thats cuz you're still in the fecking tutorial I'd guess , it's a bloody joke , if it keeps going at this rate in 3 years they'll release a sperate game as the tutorial which you must play in order to play the main one :pac:

I'm just finishing it off , only have to do the last desmond bit tonight then I'm trading it in for FC 3 tomorrow
    First AC game where I've not got 100 % , I'm somewhere around 80% but I just could not be arsed finishing off the rest

And the rewards for doing stuff is pathetic , got all the feathers in the frontier , and oly got his stupid childhood outfit , in Brotherhood at least you got epic armor / weapons ect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Not many games lived up to their titles this year compared to last year where we had uncharted and batman etc.
    So Very, very true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I'm just finishing it off , only have to do the last desmond bit tonight then I'm trading it in for FC 3 tomorrow

Far Cry isnt out till friday is it not?

Far Cry isnt out till friday is it not?

prolly getting the 25% extra in gamestop, will be doing the same tomorrow myself. it was 35e plus the extra, all in credit on saturday... here is hoping it is the same...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

prolly getting the 25% extra in gamestop, will be doing the same tomorrow myself. it was 35e plus the extra, all in credit on saturday... here is hoping it is the same...:)

Yup kicking myself though I could have played a little bit faster and focused on AC 3 traded that in for Hitman and gotten 45 euro store credit + the bonus whic would have been hitmans price , played through Hitman and traded that in for Far Cry 3 :eek:

I'd alread gotten AC 3 for 6 Euro as I'd traded in Dishonored for it :D

Feck it , must keep an eye on how close release dates are in future and play to a deadline :p Although to be honest I do see myself picking these up next year again some stage once they're they're down around 15 euro again

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

It's not perfect and the ending was my main issue like so many have mentioned already and on the official AC forums, but to play only 3 hours and say you'll never play it again is just, well, crazy. Still better than a lot of games out there. Wandering the Frontier is still a highlight of the gaming year for myself. Lost many hours just exploring it alone!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

It's not perfect and the ending was my main issue like so many have mentioned already and on the official AC forums, but to play only 3 hours and say you'll never play it again is just, well, crazy. Still better than a lot of games out there. Wandering the Frontier is still a highlight of the gaming year for myself. Lost many hours just exploring it alone!
    Not sure if I'd call it crazy now. I only have time to play quality games as I am 29 and work quiete a bit .i just can't justify buying in to a game for 5 hours on the hope I will fall in love with it. His dads story us a glorified tutorial with good voice acring. Fighting mechanics were glitchy compared to sleeping dogs or arkham. Last week I finished re4 and sleeping dogs. Both much better games due to entertainment factor from developers .
    They just don't make quality games like they did when I had my ps1 or 2 back In the day in general.. I miss the pre Michael bay era of gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Not sure if I'd call it crazy now. I only have time to play quality games as I am 29 and work quiete a bit .i just can't justify buying in to a game for 5 hours on the hope I will fall in love with it. His dads story us a glorified tutorial with good voice acring. Fighting mechanics were glitchy compared to sleeping dogs or arkham. Last week I finished re4 and sleeping dogs. Both much better games due to entertainment factor from developers .
    They just don't make quality games like they did when I had my ps1 or 2 back In the day in general.. I miss the pre Michael bay era of gaming.

I'm the same, but I gave the game a chance and I regret it.Worst Creed game ,imo, so far. Found it a very frustrating experience.Felt like one massive grind.Got so pissed off with it by the end of the 11 hour tutorial that I just couldn't be bothered doing many of the side quests and just wanted to fly through the main campaign just for the story,which turned out to be a massive disappointment. It was missing so much that made the games good,like actually assassinating your main targets instead of watching a cut scene of you doing it and having a likeable character. I particularly loved the puzzle solving aspect of 2 where you had to figure out the story of the apple of Eden. I might have missed it but where the hell were the dungeon missions that were in every other AC game, where you could find rare weapons and armour?
    The whole game felt like every mission was taken up with spending a half hour either following some one or running from point a to pint b to see a short cut-scene and don't get me started on the stupid eavesdrop missions....one would have been fine....
    If I had more patience and probably hadn't played any of the other games I'm sure I would have gotten into it more, but it just bored and frustrated the hell out of me.I hope they really change it up for the next one and instead of adding in crap that distracts from the game, get back to focusing more on what made the previous entries in the series great.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

i have got the red coat multiplayer pack code and the uplay passport code if anyone wants them,that bought the game second hand pm me,first come gets them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Been playing it for a day or so now. Just finished Desmonds first mission. I say finished, I actually mean tried to finish. Because now i can't get back in the Animus. No prompt to do it. I have noticed this problem in a lot of missions. The game doesn't seem to update with your progress unless you quit and reload. It happened in Connors first sequence in Boston too. After the mission you are supposed to speak to the harbour master to introduce you into naval stuff. But he has nothing to say to me. Just a blank map. Reloaded and suddenly I can sail.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

I usually do all the side missions and try nad get all the crap that can be gotten in AC games. I finished this earlier. I just tore through the main story and didnt do one side mission. Game was an atrocity history's greatest monsters would be proud of. Horrible, horrible game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Right now I'm just wandering around New York before continuing with the main story missions. I think my favourite part so far has been the Peg Leg missions. I finished those last night, you get quite a nice reward for that.

It is impressive how much content is in this game, especially all the Homestead missions. I spent ages last night doing them and more just kept on coming. I've 28 hours clocked up all ready and I'm only 61% of the way through.

It is either this or Mass Effect 3 as my game of the year.

I played through the Benedict Arnold missions the other day, the ones that are exclusive to the PS3. I did not expect much from them and to be honest it was pretty poor overall. They claim the mission is an extra 60 mins and it probably is but there is a lot of filler in there. Kill x number of spies, carry these boxes etc...

I liked the big battle section but I noticed an annoying oversight. If you die in the battle the game will reload but it will not replenish your consumable goods. So if you've used some poison darts or rope darts and then die, you will come back but not have those darts again. I died twice and the third time had to just rely on my trusty sword.

On a different note, I knew that you could upgrade the Aquila but I didn't now how. I thought it would be in one of the later sequences. I'm on sequence ten now and still no mention of it. So I googled it earlier and now realise there is a ledger you look at beside the Harbourmasters. I wonder if the game told me this and I just missed it or do you have to figure it out for yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Seph503

Finished up Sequence 10 the other day. Slow burner this one, 20 odd hours in doing as much of the side stuff as I feel are necessary.

But I don't know if I'd say I'm outright enjoying it, certainly not as much as AC2 or Brotherhood.

When I look at Main Story content, the last three sequences feel extremely short, maybe 3-4 missions max which are in themselves rather short affairs. It might just be me but I felt in other games sequences lasted a lot longer? When I stared the game and flew through the first few sequences I chalked that up to them being the tutorial (which personally I think it's shocking that it takes up to Sequence 6 before the proper game starts) and short because of that, but if I hadn't done all the Peg Leg, Homestead, Liberations, etc. I wonder where the playtime would come out at without the padding content.

I appreciate all the extra content but for a period of American History which should be awesome so far the game seems to have gone out of it's way to make it as boring as possible. The only War of Independence missions so far have been terribly anti-climactic IMO. But yet I want to finish it!

Setting: great, missions: not so much. Hopefully we get a full game as Hatham in London at the time.

Will finish up AC3 this weekend I think then onto Hitman.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Sorry to hijack the thread lads but I'm interested in starting the AC series.

Should I start with the original one or what way would you recommend I play the series. I hear the first one is pretty poor but don't want to miss out on vital info etc..

Should I start with the original one or what way would you recommend I play the series. I hear the first one is pretty poor but don't want to miss out on vital info etc..

It has been discussed in this thread before and the concenus seems to be to skip AC1 and just YouTube the story sequences.

AC2 is excellent. AC2: Brotherhood is one of the best, if not the best games this generation so make sure to play it. I really like AC: Revelations and think it is worth it for the story. Others disagree but I think it has enough to warrant a play through. The only issue with playing them all like this is that you might burnout on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

If time isnt an issue then i would play all of them. You could youtube the first game because it is repetitive but for me personally id rather play a game than watch it on youtube.

Looking back at the first game i really enjoyed it, it was a groundbreaking game when it first came out and i put fair amount of hours in it just doing pointless roaming just because it was fun.Climbing the highest church in Acre has to be played not watched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Yeah think I will play them all, thanks lads..

I finished up ACIII last night. I'm haven't decided yet if it is my favourite game in the series. It is either this or Brotherhood. The amount of content in the game was amazing, it took my 36 hours to get to the end and I'm still only 83% synched. Also I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet.

I was disappointed in the main story missions towards the end as they were very short and way too easy. Also I found the end a bit of a let down but that is par for the course in the Assassin's Creed series. I find it hard to reconcile all the negative comments in this thread and others with the game I played. I thought it was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Have the game bought, waiting for the Xmas hols to crack it open, pretty excited as the setting really interests me, should be quite the experience!

Been brushing off the negative comments thus far, hopefully I won't be back here in a few weeks complaining. But, seeing as I really enjoyed all the games so far, including AC1 and Revelations, it should be all good!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

This a new DLC or something?

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    This a new DLC or something?

Yeah, new DLC. I think it comes in three parts and it is $29.99. It is a 'what if' scenario so the story in it isn't cannon to the rest of the Assassin's Creed storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

im going get wii u version soon

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    im going get wii u version soon

I'm almost certain that IGN's UK team said on their podcast that AC is terrible on the Wii U. Apparently it's absolutely terrible, with awful screen tearing and framerate issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm almost certain that IGN's UK team said on their podcast that AC is terrible on the Wii U. Apparently it's absolutely terrible, with awful screen tearing and framerate issues.

Funnily enough Eurogamer said that out of all the ports to the Wii U it was pretty much the best handled.

• Advertisement

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Funnily enough Eurogamer said that out of all the ports to the Wii U it was pretty much the best handled.

Well it's possible I'm mixing it up with something else... but I'm about 90% it was AC they said.

Advertisement