Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Sorry to drag this back up again - but at at around the 10% mark on this game,
    2nd character hunting etc
    and I am just not enjoying it or the constant cut scenes at all.

Compared to AC or AC2 it feels like I am playing a cheap and less well executed knock off.

Anyone out there with any words to convince me to continue or should I just file it away for a rainy weekend with no telly?

Feeling very disappointed and let down, had hope it would have improved from now, and yes while it is a little better than the opening section it just isn't ticking any of the old AC boxes for me.
    Well apart from hearing Q / John deLancie talking...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    but this game is really trying my patience.

Oh god yes, i thought i was the only one. The mission as Haytham where
    you have to sneak into the military camp to get info on Braddox
    really tried my patience, specially with trying to get 100%% synchronization -
    disabling the cannons and not being detected
    . I must have tried it about 20 times :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I recruited my last Assassin last night (the Irish girl in NY). When I approached the area of the Templar leader I used the lure ability and my assassin appeared, pushed a guard (who didn't bother reacting) and she then made her gataway by free running across those wodden poles sticking out of water areas. She landed on a pier beside the Templar leader and then knocked him in the water as she walked past him.

The screen flicked white and then a cut-scene played with the Templar leader dead and the recruit telling Connor how skillful he is...

For once a glitch worked in my favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Taltos wrote: »
    Sorry to drag this back up again - but at at around the 10% mark on this game,
    2nd character hunting etc
    and I am just not enjoying it or the constant cut scenes at all.

Compared to AC or AC2 it feels like I am playing a cheap and less well executed knock off.

Anyone out there with any words to convince me to continue or should I just file it away for a rainy weekend with no telly?

Feeling very disappointed and let down, had hope it would have improved from now, and yes while it is a little better than the opening section it just isn't ticking any of the old AC boxes for me.
    Well apart from hearing Q / John deLancie talking...

I can confirm that it does get better.

From Sequence 6 onwards, the game opens up and you can actually do what you want. I've spent three days straight just mucking around in Seq. 6 and 7 getting viewpoints, doing Homestead and side missions like taking forts and stuff.

So stick at it, there is a payoff there for sitting through the 10 hour tutorial. :P

That said, I'm still bitterly disappointed with this game. The glitches in it are inexcusable to be honest.

Seq. 7 Paul Revere Mission
    where you've to get directions from him was glitched beyond belief. I'd ride all the way to the point where he'd say "Alright, let's continue on foot.", get off the horse, and immediately be met with "GET BACK ON THE HORSE CONNOR!", with him refusing to point out the house anymore.
    Too many cutscenes, clunky fighting (Connor can't kick the enemies to break their guard for some reason :rolleyes:) and even dodgier than usual free running puts this pretty low down on the list of AC games for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I have to agree with most above - it's not a patch on AC2 through Revelations. I don't think Connor is anywhere as likable as Ezio was, and it could also be possible that since we are not that familiar with the intricacies of American history in comparison to European history, we just don't find it as interesting. Personally, I like the hunting aspect, but it gets boring very quickly. What I really miss is those big Cathedrals you have to investigate to find a tomb - those were epic, nothing like it here.

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    What I really miss is those big Cathedrals you have to investigate to find a tomb - those were epic, nothing like it here.

SNAP!

I actually had that in my last post but deleted it because I was only on Seq 7 and thought there might be more of those type of levels later on. I think the major problem with the setting is that it's completely at odds with everything that's gone before it. Climbing a viewpoint in AC, AC2, AC:B and AC:R felt like an achievement in itself for me. Whereas it takes less than thirty seconds to scale one in AC3. (Although there are a few in the Frontier that are fun because you've to figure out how to climb the tree properly around Lexington).

As for us not finding it as interesting because it's not European history, I dunno. Personally, I hadn't a clue about the Borgias or what they did, and I loved AC2. I hadn't a clue about anything in the Crusades and I loved reading about it and experiencing it in AC.

Perhaps it's that we're too familiar with American history, in that we know the Boston Tea Party, we know Paul Revere went across Lexington and Concord to alert the militia?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

I thought the game was far too easy in parts, like the chase scene and some fights scenes. I finished the game a lot quicker than expected and have now lost the appetite to go back and finish collecting stuff and finish the odd task. Loved the Navel warfare though.

Story-wise I really like the setting.
    The fact that the Templars and Assassins are both on the same side in the main war is very interesting and that has resulted in some thought-provoking conversations between Connor and Haythem. They’re both convinced that they are in the “right” respectively and can’t change the mind of the other.

I hated the climbing sections early on in the game but now that I have the hang of it I do enjoy free running through the trees of the Frontier and particularly the Homestead after having upgraded it through Homestead missions.

That said the game is still flawed, heavily in certain places. What really annoys me is the way cut-scenes end so sharply. There was a Homestead mission I did recently where I gave Achilles a package. He opened it up and lay a uniform down on a table. He then said "This belonged to the first Assassin to reach these shores..." BOOM Sequence complete 50/50 - loading screen - back outside.

Every cut-scene seems to end mid sentence and I'm always left wondering if I missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Spuddy91

Enjoying the game as I expected but not as much as the other AC's. Sometimes feels like a major chore when trying to do certain things. Biggest pain is some of the glitches. For some reason my sword is getting removed from me completely and I have to go back to the Homestead to equip it again. Also quite a few treasure chests are not showing up for me, they appear on the map but when I get there, they seem to be underground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Spuddy91 wrote: »
    Enjoying the game as I expected but not as much as the other AC's. Sometimes feels like a major chore when trying to do certain things. Biggest pain is some of the glitches. For some reason my sword is getting removed from me completely and I have to go back to the Homestead to equip it again. Also quite a few treasure chests are not showing up for me, they appear on the map but when I get there, they seem to be underground.

That's because they are underground.

• Advertisement

If they are underground should i still be able to hear the noise that the chests make? I didn't think there was ways underground either. I'm also now having the problem of not being able to use the sword I want.....

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

That's because they are underground, this happened to me a couple of times. If you're on a hill try get to lower ground and walk around, you'll find an entrance to a cave and you'll get your treasure chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

All of the above is bugging me big time - as well as the constant loading - the white screen with the load out icon on the left. Seems like - time for a cut scene - lets wait while it loads - listen to some boring pish-post and load again without really learning anything useful.

OK - thanks then will stick with it for the next set of sequences. Have to be honest - having completed the first hunting task I am already bored with that aspect. Only thing I have enjoyed so far was
    the underground network exploration.

Just really disappointed with it. Like the comparison back to the cathedrals and the Borsias - those sections really are outstanding and maybe I would be better off blowing the cobwebs off them for a bit.

Jaggy wrote: »
    That's because they are underground, this happened to me a couple of times. If you're on a hill try get to lower ground and walk around, you'll find an entrance to a cave and you'll get your treasure chest.

Ok thanks, thought the game was just acting the ham as usual

Ok thanks, thought the game was just acting the ham as usual

You're not the only one!

Off the top of my head i'd say there are about 10 treasure chests in caves. I could be wildly off but I don't remember too many of them being like that.

Alright thanks. Is the online any good?

Haven't tried it to be honest, the previous games online didn't do much for me so didn't bother.

It's fantastic, really enjoyable... but not everyone shares my opinion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

It's fantastic, really enjoyable... but not everyone shares my opinion.
    I share it,quite enjoy it too but I haven't played it in ages

The chests being underground caught me out too. Well, not so much chests as the Peg Leg trinkets. I bought all the maps from one of the stores because I cba looking for them, and went to one on the Frontier and it said I was still 14m away from it. No visible way of getting into a cave either, but at least I know that's what I'm looking for next time I go after them.

One of the Homestead missions is rightly irritating me at the moment. It's that stupid mission where you've to break up the fight between the two lumberers. Have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. And I'm afraid to just move on because I've heard if you progress through the story it can end up not letting you upgrade the homestead at all.

• Advertisement

The chests being underground caught me out too. Well, not so much chests as the Peg Leg trinkets. I bought all the maps from one of the stores because I cba looking for them, and went to one on the Frontier and it said I was still 14m away from it. No visible way of getting into a cave either, but at least I know that's what I'm looking for next time I go after them.

One of the Homestead missions is rightly irritating me at the moment. It's that stupid mission where you've to break up the fight between the two lumberers. Have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. And I'm afraid to just move on because I've heard if you progress through the story it can end up not letting you upgrade the homestead at all.

If I remember rightly you've to use both of the analog sticks to push them apart right? (Why he doesn't just hook their legs and get it over with I don't know! :pac:)

There's a slider on each side that you've to keep track of and slowly move it left or right depending which you're looking at (left and right of the screen). If you push the analog stick too far the slider will start moving towards the centre, i.e one lumberer will get closer to the other. I think you fail the mission once one of the sliders reaches the centre. It's tricky and took me quite a few tries as well.

Hope this helps.

Dunno should I spoiler this... Era, tis only a homestead mission.

There was a Homestead mission I did recently where I gave Achilles a package. He opened it up and lay a uniform down on a table. He then said "This belonged to the first Assassin to reach these shores..." BOOM Sequence complete 50/50 - loading screen - back outside.

Jesus... I thought you were exaggerating for effect with that one... but I just completed that mission myself just now... Good lord. :rolleyes:
    If I remember rightly you've to use both of the analog sticks to push them apart right? (Why he doesn't just hook their legs and get it over with I don't know! :pac:)

There's a slider on each side that you've to keep track of and slowly move it left or right depending which you're looking at (left and right of the screen). If you push the analog stick too far the slider will start moving towards the centre, i.e one lumberer will get closer to the other. I think you fail the mission once one of the sliders reaches the centre. It's tricky and took me quite a few tries as well.

Hope this helps.

Dunno should I spoiler this... Era, tis only a homestead mission.

Thanks. It makes more sense now. :)

But I still suck so bad at it that I can't pass it. Think this may be one I'll just have to forget about. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

assassin creed 3 wii u eagle vision isn't working

Lexington and Concord mission.

Wow. What an absolute pile of crap.

I think it's rather telling that I've spent the last two days just running around collecting feathers and chests and doing Homestead missions rather than doing the story missions. :\

Lexington and Concord mission.

Wow. What an absolute pile of crap.

I think it's rather telling that I've spent the last two days just running around collecting feathers and chests and doing Homestead missions rather than doing the story missions. :\

Agreed. More or less have New York cleared, Boston isn't too far behind. Just have feathers and some trinkets in the Frontier to get. The actual Naval missions aren't actually bad. I might be missing it but it would be nice if you could actually just go sailing up the east coast from Boston to NY - I imagine the space needed for it would be an unnecessary waste of man hours though!

What I really miss is those big Cathedrals you have to investigate to find a tomb - those were epic, nothing like it here.

I guess the similar thing in this game are the Peg Leg missions to find the treasure, they're pretty good I thought.

I guess the similar thing in this game are the Peg Leg missions to find the treasure, they're pretty good I thought.

I haven't done any of those yet. I've collected about half the trinkets, I was planning on collecting them all before I did the missions - those are the ones you sail to, yeah?

I haven't done any of those yet. I've collected about half the trinkets, I was planning on collecting them all before I did the missions - those are the ones you sail to, yeah?

Yeah, except.. actually, that's probably a bit of a spoiler so i'll let you do them!

I collected all of the trinkets before doing the missions as well.

Agree completely. The Peg Leg missions I've done so far are class.

The third one (in the snow)
    jumping through an icefield and then escaping from the collapsing ship. So much fun.

Also, have I mentioned before that I HATE this HomeStead mission where you've to break up the fight? :P
    It's really depressing, because all the cool items that you can craft are going to be locked until it's completed, and I just don't have the coordination to do it.
    Times like these make me wish I had a PC copy where I could just use a console command to set it to complete or something. :(

• Advertisement

Agree completely. The Peg Leg missions I've done so far are class.

The third one (in the snow)
    jumping through an icefield and then escaping from the collapsing ship. So much fun.

Also, have I mentioned before that I HATE this HomeStead mission where you've to break up the fight? :P
    It's really depressing, because all the cool items that you can craft are going to be locked until it's completed, and I just don't have the coordination to do it.
    Times like these make me wish I had a PC copy where I could just use a console command to set it to complete or something. :(

Yeah that mission was very cool, I find the free running is very fluid in the game and this was a good example of it.

Ha, that homestead mission isn't that hard! How many times have you tried it now? :D

Advertisement