Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Jaggy wrote: »
    If there's one thing the game can't be faulted for, it's the graphics!

They're nothing special TBH, there's some nice artwork, but the graphical fidelity isn't anything special. The performance is atrocious, even for a console game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Struggling to finish it now. Sticking to main missions and homestead for the most part. Are the Benedict Arnold missions worth doing?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just having a quick read through for the first time in awhile, I surely can't be the only one here who got their monies worth? :o By no means the game is perfect as I said previously, but overall I enjoyed myself. Multiplayer was very good in itself too, though I appreciate that the vast majority bought the game for the single player experience much like myself but perhaps didn't touch the online side of things.
    GTR63 wrote: »
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/07/next-assassins-creed-game-to-feature-a-new-time-period-and-protagonist/

New Assassins Creed coming later in the year with a new lead and setting.
    After AC III I hardly care tbh.

I do like the suggestions in the comments below for a new setting, ie: Japan or China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fanki na pengin

Yearly releases......sigh. How about spend some time and effort on a next gen AC series?

Saying that, it's one of my favourite franchises, and I'll give them one last chance. I can't see it surprising me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I just want a modern setting tbh. The two Desmond sequences in III (the crane and the Stadium) were probably the best moments in the game for me. I just want to do that for an entire game!

But like fanki said above, this next game will probably be the one more chance for the series for me. Another rushed mess like III and I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,153 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Completed the game, i have two areas of New York at 90% liberation but unable to find the other assisans to go for the templer agent. Found some chest that also do not unlock after picking the lock up to 10 times.

Found some chest that also do not unlock after picking the lock up to 10 times.

Lock picking is timed. When you get into position to start pressing the trigger you need to hit it enough times before the slider moves to the left or it'll reset and you have to start again.

Finished it the other night. About the ending, thought
    Desmond's ending was a bit lack lustre. Kind of like Mass effect but less complicated and without the colour choice. Really just amounted to your life for the rest of the planets and letting the crazy precursor lady run amok. Guess who the bad lady is going to be in AC4? Thought Connor's ending was nicely done though.

Is the multiplayer much different/better than the last few?
    I still haven't used the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

sin0city wrote: »
    Lock picking is timed. When you get into position to start pressing the trigger you need to hit it enough times before the slider moves to the left or it'll reset and you have to start again.

Finished it the other night. About the ending, thought
    Desmond's ending was a bit lack lustre. Kind of like Mass effect but less complicated and without the colour choice. Really just amounted to your life for the rest of the planets and letting the crazy precursor lady run amok. Guess who the bad lady is going to be in AC4? Thought Connor's ending was nicely done though.

Is the multiplayer much different/better than the last few?
    I still haven't used the code.
    The multiplier is actually great craic.When you hear the whispers, get out of dogtown!!

Never bothered with the multiplayer after and have since traded it in.

I still have the code so for anyone that bought it used, here's a free code. Whoever gets it, please post to say it's used. :)

LCHD-GRNH-ML2T

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

This is free on the chinese xbox marketplace, yes the full game. More info here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056914513

Tell your friends, or maybe download it and then trade in your copy. Saves from the regular disc version work fine apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

EDIT:

Wrong bloody thread! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Picked this up a few weeks and and Christ it really is a chore to play, just passed the stadium and half temped to pack it in. Am I anywhere near complete????

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Glebee wrote: »
    Picked this up a few weeks and and Christ it really is a chore to play, just passed the stadium and half temped to pack it in. Am I anywhere near complete????

I'd say about another third to go, maybe less. I've tried to wipe it from my mind. It gets even worse towards the end unfortunatly, some of the final missions are appalling.

5uspect wrote: »
    I'd say about another third to go, maybe less. I've tried to wipe it from my mind. It gets even worse towards the end unfortunatly, some of the final missions are appalling.

The mission where you're racing to your village on horseback in Sequence 10 still hunts my dreams.

Someday I'll go back and finish this game...

Some day... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Black Flag is well worth.Probably the best since AC2 imo.

Black Flag is well worth.Probably the best since AC2 imo.

Think Ill struggle on with AC3 for the time being and give the franchise a break for a bit. Came straight into AC3 after finishing AC:Revelations

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Glebee wrote: »
    Think Ill struggle on with AC3 for the time being and give the franchise a break for a bit. Came straight into AC3 after finishing AC:Revelations
    I did something similar, got to AC late, AC 3 was coming up to release, so I started at two and flew through the rest of the series. Loved it all up to AC 3. I thought I may be jaded, I stopped playing the game out of sheer frustration.

Went back to finish it off when I heard AC IV might be good and it wasn't just me being jaded with the series. It's the most annoying game I've ever played, within minutes all the flaws jumped straight back out in my face. then after ten minutes of play I find I was on the last mission. It wasn't even that hard it's just the character seems to do everything but what you want him to do as a way of making it difficult. Then I had to sit through 30 minutes of credits, **** AC3, **** it right to hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Don't let AC III ruin a fantastic game. Granted, i hadn't played an AC game since about a couple of weeks after it's release. But AC IV is so much better that i don't think it would matter if you're straight off the back of AC III. Just get it, you won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I dont understand why people rag on 3, Lee and Haythem were great antagonists, the combat became more fluid and the world easier to traverse, sure there is a few camera oddities and a few ****ing c*** bits in navigation. But I still enjoyed the crap out of it and am enjoying the crap out of it and its DLC at the moment.

Waste of a character with Desmond's fate though, I would of liked more present day with him fully animus trained.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I dont understand why people rag on 3, Lee and Haythem were great antagonists, the combat became more fluid and the world easier to traverse, sure there is a few camera oddities and a few ****ing c*** bits in navigation.
    I found the world a pain to traverse. I'd be running away from some soldiers down an alley and next thing he decides he wants to jump and cling onto a window sill, then he just hangs there and gets shot. that used to happen quite a lot during combat, he'd just find some stupid thing to hang onto while British soldiers stick things up his arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I got AC3 at release and to be honest I barely passed the bit where you play as Haytham and started the proper game and was bored of it, don't think I made it out of the tutorial really!

Must go back to it over Christmas this year.

So people think IV would be worth getting?

The naval battle in AC3 are the best moments in the game so far for me.
    Everything else is just a bit meh, dont know how to describe it.
    The setting for an AC game is fascinating though. Maybe its the lack of
    escaping across roof tops in AC3 and open area of forest that make it lose appeal. Also I have know idea whats happening with the Desmond storyline..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

In case you're interested, you can actually buy the Assassin's Creed 3: Freedom Edition for €19.99 new on Gamestop.ie for both PS3 & 360.

I had AC3 before, bought it on release but I couldn't resist getting this to have as a collectors item for my games cabinet, looks awesome! Especially the statue :D It's 9" high btw so a nice size too!

321515.gif

HERE'S the link for it on Gamestop.ie

You could even go splits with a friend for it and get 2 for 30, €15 each, bargain!

I bought the massive collector's edition of AC3, that's how excited I was for it.

I didn't really like the sailing in 3 either. That's the biggest reason why I haven't picked up IV yet. I've been told it's been tightened and made better, but I dunno, sailing a ship isn't what I want to do in an AC game. Might give it a go in a few months when the price comes down.

The modern day segments in 3 were actually my favourite parts. The Stadium in particular was an example of what a modern day AC game could have been like. Desmond was horrifically mishandled IMO. By the time they actually started using him in BroHo a lot of people had already made up their minds about not liking him. Then when he actually started to be used (Colosseum platforming, <3) it was too late.

Any of the DLC worth it for AC3, or is it just more of the same???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Picked up Black Flag for a snip two weeks ago and loved it from the get go so decided to get III to bring me up to speed.

Man oh man, what a boring game and main character. 6-8 hour tutorial nearly killed me. Black Flag is awesome compared to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Keyzer wrote: »
    Picked up Black Flag for a snip two weeks ago and loved it from the get go so decided to get III to bring me up to speed.

Man oh man, what a boring game and main character. 6-8 hour tutorial nearly killed me. Black Flag is awesome compared to it.
    Indeed the big hype for III was a big let down and possible one of the disappointing games in the franchise so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I must be one of the only ones who preferred 3 over Black Flag :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

I think Ubisoft are dropping the ball a bit of late. Shovelling out the same tripe year after year. Look at what they did with Watch Dogs. Hyped to the last, big delay and then in my opinion "Forgetable". There's a pattern forming here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,566 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Just read the last few pages and it's good to see I'm not alone in how boring I found this game.

Picked it up in the steam christmas sales and started playing in January. I don't think I finished it until May. I had to force myself to sit down and play it and found it a chore. I wanted to like it as I had enjoyed all the previous games, but thought maybe the Ubisoft open-world formula was starting to get repetitive.

I also didn't care for the side missions or crafting. I also hated the tunnel exploration and couldn't figure it out, so gave up and just ran everywhere in the cities. The recruitment seemed crap and uninvolving compared to Brotherhood and Revelations. Although I have a tendency to button bash, I always ended up in stupid places.

It made me want to avoid Black Flag, but if everyone recommends it, I will give it a go sometime. But maybe I'll wait a year or so and play other games in the meantime.

Advertisement