Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just read the last few pages and it's good to see I'm not alone in how boring I found this game.

Picked it up in the steam christmas sales and started playing in January. I don't think I finished it until May. I had to force myself to sit down and play it and found it a chore. I wanted to like it as I had enjoyed all the previous games, but thought maybe the Ubisoft open-world formula was starting to get repetitive.

I also didn't care for the side missions or crafting. I also hated the tunnel exploration and couldn't figure it out, so gave up and just ran everywhere in the cities. The recruitment seemed crap and uninvolving compared to Brotherhood and Revelations. Although I have a tendency to button bash, I always ended up in stupid places.

It made me want to avoid Black Flag, but if everyone recommends it, I will give it a go sometime. But maybe I'll wait a year or so and play other games in the meantime.

Also picked it up in the last Steam sale and it seems i had the exact same experience as you except i didn't finish the game. Uninstalled it 2 weeks ago.

I played Black Flag on the Xbox before playing AC3, but i traded it in after 3 days because the FPS was dire making the game unplayable. For what its worth Black Flag is a far better game and puts you straight into the action unlike AC3. Main character is much more likable plus the island's and old Spanish cities of the Caribbean i feel are much more attractive than Boston and New York. The whole time i was playing AC3 i just wished i was playing Black Flag instead. Was tempted to just buy it shortly after starting on AC3 but restrained myself to wait till the steam X-Mas sale...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It was a bigger chore to play AC 3 than it was the original. The characters were more wooden, the plot was more bland, the assassinations were duller. That is when the game bothered its arse about being an assassin at all, instead of the stupid homestead and tedious crafting/trading and boring tunnels and desperately trying to shoehorn Connor into every bloody historical event of the revolution.

Black Flag is just better in every way.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

^^^ This. I tried twice to play through AC3, completely ran out of enthusiasm both times but I'm absolutely loving Black Flag, so I say a big thank you to AC3 for giving us combat on the high seas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You're lucky. I finished AC3. I'm not sure if the ending for Desmond was actually ok, or if it just looked good compared to Connor's finale, which was just a "f*ck you" after all the frustration and tedium involved in getting there. It was basically a QTE followed by one injured guy chasing another injured guy very very slowly, finishing off with "I am going to kill you now" "Oh go on then" and you just... wander off and brood. It's atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Whenever I see people post about ACIII I think they must have played a different game to me. I loved it start to finish. Just a pity that it didn't have a stronger protagonist.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Such a mess of a game. It's one big buggy, boring, bland tutorial. Ugh, the controls just infuriated me endlessly.

Advertisement