Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Andy!! wrote: »
    Did you read the article? Gameplay is changing substantially.

i dont need to read the article to find out about ac3

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Helix wrote: »
    i dont need to read the article to find out about ac3

And right there is the reason. Don't be posting, stating people are incorrect when you aren't even familiar with what we are discussing. Cool? :pac:

And right there is the reason. Don't be posting, stating people are incorrect when you aren't even familiar with what we are discussing. Cool? :pac:

i assure you, im quite familiar with what im talking about

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

*whispers*
    Dude, Helix is a games journalist himself. Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

i assure you, im quite familiar with what im talking about
    i dont remember john marston running around scaling buildings, climbing trees and assassinating guys with a tomahawk :confused:

Apparently not. Because I immediately concluded that he was referring to killing animals and such... so I'm not sure why you weren't able to.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11021-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Pre-Order-Steelbook-Incentive-Revealed.html

That is damn nice. I don't normally go in for steel case deals but that looks lovely.

I was slightly underwhelmed with that trailer, the animation was a tad poor :( Hard to believe it was done by the same guys as the one from the last game, I thought Blur had done that.

Apparently not. Because I immediately concluded that he was referring to killing animals and such... so I'm not sure why you weren't able to.

because i know that the game is absolutely nothing like RDR?

Liam O wrote: »
    How on Earth is East coast during the American revolution in any way a similar setting as South coast and Mexico in 1911? Pretty ridiculous comparison to make.

This is the comment that I took issue with. I clearly stated that it was probably the animal hunting, and not the setting, that he felt were similar.

But feel free to troll the rest of your day away ;) I just won't be paying any notice.

It's MY ball and you can't play with it because I said so

ta ra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I wouldn't call Red Dead's setting novelty at all - genuinely felt like a full-formed, varied game world the likes of which we really hadn't seen before.

Just to clarify - No, I don't think the RDR setting was novelty as such, it's just not a setting that particularly interests me in itself. It was cool to see purely because I hadn't seen much of it before.

I am partly referring to the gameplay, and partly the setting, for the record. The new emphasis on hunting and collecting in young America rang a couple of bells, albeit in very different political climates. Whatever about the Mexican border, I spent quite a bit of my RDR time hunting big game in Tall Trees and running around Thieves' Landing....

I just mean to say that's maybe one of the reasons these screenshots don't excite me overmuch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Loving the look of the free-running through the trees in the trailer, hope the game allows you to do that in a decent fashion, and not just along pre-scripted path, or in a way which makes the forest look like the branches are actually meant to be paths.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

This is the comment that I took issue with. I clearly stated that it was probably the animal hunting, and not the setting, that he felt were similar.

But feel free to troll the rest of your day away ;) I just won't be paying any notice.

yep, you've convinced me, I'm not going to buy it because it's too similar to Skyrim, wait RDR was it you said? Not the only games to have hunting in them...

Liam O wrote: »
    yep, you've convinced me, I'm not going to buy it because it's too similar to Skyrim, wait RDR was it you said? Not the only games to have hunting in them...

Im not trying to convince of anything, in fact I'm pretty sure Ive said this is the first Assasins Creed since the first one that I'm actually very excited about. It looks like a breath of fresh air for the franchise.

And yeh it does have the occasional similarity to Skyrim too (based off screens). Will be interesting if Conners interaction with the environment is that much different from Marsden and Dovakiin because of the vertical aspect of his abilities :)

EDIT: also there's word coming through that there'll be a Wii-U version. Hopefully they implement the controller in an innovative way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Looks interesting, and I am glad they are going in a different direction to Revelations etc. Should result in a more polished and focused game.

And I also thought of RDR when I viewed the trailer for a number of reasons such as the setting (frontier), the music and the hunting/pelt collecting. Obviously it is going to be a completely different game to RDR though.

And if it does take a few cues from RDR then I am all for it, RDR is up there as one of my favourite games this generation.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What a stupid concept of a game. There was at least 2 scenes in that trailer where he should have got shot, and that should have been the end of it.

So now I expect:

- Retarded AI who can't aim for ****
    - The simple fact that the area won't be built up meaning you can probably hide behind a twig and the AI still won't be able to figure out whether you're a bush or a man pissing by a tree.
    - AI AI AI AI. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

- Retarded AI who can't aim for ****

To be fair, they're using muskets which couldn't aim for ****!

And were very slow to load.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I presume from the timeline given in the reviews it will include the seven years war and so the French and British will be the enemies. though the mohawks fought with the British agianst the Americans in the revolution, seems like a massive oversight.

I presume from the timeline given in the reviews it will include the seven years war and so the French and British will be the enemies. though the mohawks fought with the British agianst the Americans in the revolution, seems like a massive oversight.

All I heard was seven sequels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,316 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What a stupid concept of a game. There was at least 2 scenes in that trailer where he should have got shot, and that should have been the end of it.
    Out of curiosity, when exactly?
    I did a bit of checking up on this. Basically to fill in the holes in my American history. I think I've found something interesting

7 year War aka The French-Indian War (in North America).
    French fighting the British.
    Washington leads an army as part of the British Colonies. Mohawks fight with the British. (Kahnawake Mohawks from Canada fought with the French)
    American Revolution
    American colonies split from from the British Crown. Mohawks mostly fight with the British. Some Mohawks remained Neutral, and one individual, Joseph Louis Cook, fought with the Americans. This is the I found interestign in realtion to Assassins Creed 3.

Joseph Louis Cook, whose birth name was Akiatonharónkwen.
    Was mixed race. Born to an Native american mother and African father. He was later adopted by the Kahnawake Mohawks. He fought with the French in the 7 year war. Include in one battle where he fought against Washington.

During the American Revolution. He offered his services to General George Washington in as 1775. Cook was with Benedict Arnold on his expedition into Quebec. Washington again met with Cook in 1776 and referred to him as "Colonel Louis".
    In New York, Louis Cook was present at the Battle of Oriskany (big bloody battle in the revolution). Cook led a large body of Oneida warriors.
    The familiar name "Colonel Louis" became official in 1779, when he received a commission from Continental Congress as a Lieutenant Colonel in the Continental Army. This commission was the highest rank awarded to an American Indian during the Revolution.

During the war, Colonel Louis Cook became a personal enemy of Captain Joseph Brant, a Mohawk who supported the British, who was also a Freemanson (obvious Templar connection there). When each returned to their homes after the war, their personal conflict divided the Mohawk nation and brought the Seven Nations and Iroquois to the brink of war.

We know very little of our new protagaonist. Basically that his name is Connor, but his birth name is Ratohnhaké:ton. And he is half Mohawk.
    I'm not saying he is based on the above Colonel Louis Cook. But it does suggest that what ever fictional storyline they might be going with, could be based in reality.
    Besides, anything outside of factual history could be explained simply by the fact that the assassins aren't always aligned with any one side. (look at AC:R, at various times you are fighting against Ottoman soldiers, but Suleiman was an Ally)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

8cf2i.jpg

dWh1J.jpg

xA7RE.jpg

0gNCh.jpg

Otters! (Or beavers, I'm not sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,316 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

J. Marston wrote: »
    Otters! (Or beavers, I'm not sure)

Beavers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Can't believe I never noticed the duel pistols until now!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

J. Marston wrote: »
    dWh1J.jpg

I like the way that he crafted his axe to look like the "A for Assassin" symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

500x313px-LL-9444673c_500x313px-LL-9cc5760d_1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpeg

It looks.... glorious.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I think this is gonna be one of those "buy 20 copies, grind discs into fine powder and inject into my veins" type of game by the screenshots. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Stunning graphics. Looks like it's really deserving of the number 3 instead of just an add on like Brohood and revelations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

By the looks of this, even if the world ends in December I won't notice because I'll be too busy with this:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Collector's edition leaked by italian site.
    Looks tasty! :D
    529088_10151419027580694_496676680693_23442763_963704643_n.jpg
    from thegamingliberty facebook page.

Advertisement