Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The unlocking thing for the gameplay is very clever on that site.

So they want 1,766,000 to do their marketing for them for free? Genius, but annoying...

Release the trailer you cheapskate Canucks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

unlocked. Running through buildings looks class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

aaronh007 wrote: »
    So they want 1,766,000 to do their marketing for them for free? Genius, but annoying...

Release the trailer you cheapskate Canucks :mad:

1766? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

'Bout time and the trailer is insane! I'm really looking forward to this.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Advertisement

Wow, I seriously cannot wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I was initially very worried about this, especially given Revelations being really quite disappointing, but that gameplay trailer looks pretty damn fine. I shall dare to get my hopes up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

What do i think of AC3 ?

Im Happy, its a huge improvement over revealations with animation, movement , weather effects . Well done ubisoft ya werent talking out of your arse
    I could care less about american revoultion but it grow on me.

So worries aside now , i look forward to what was one of my favourite franchises.

Den defence, till I assigned master assassin's to each den aside, I thought Revelations was excellent. Any faults with the game were made up in that last hour or two the game, namely the last couple of sequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

-Ade- wrote: »
    Den defence, till I assigned master assassin's to each den aside, I thought Revelations was excellent. Any faults with the game were made up in that last hour or two the game, namely the last couple of sequences.
    Haven't played since 1, found it very very repetitive but enjoyable, is it worth picking them up or are they as repetitive?

• Advertisement

I played 1 and while I thought it was repetitive for a fair bit, I enjoyed it nonetheless like yourself.

I haven't played 2 or Brotherhoods yet I'm embarrassed to say, I will start them very soon though. Only played Revelations admittedly as my brother bought it! But from what I heard, ACII is the fans favourite. I'm sure one of the lads here will be able to give you a more detailed response with them two games.

But as I've said, this Command and Conquer-esque mini game really are annoying in Revelations. I've only taken part in a handful, but just a single one is too much. They vary in difficulty, and I could not figure out how to beat the toughest ones nor could I be arsed to learn how to do so. In the end, I just let the templars win and I'd then take it over again through assassinating the captain. It's a blot for me more so than others, and again, the the conclusion to the story of Enzo and Altair (1st game) more than make up for any faults in the game. I wouldn't say it's anywhere near as a repetitive as the first game.

-Ade- wrote: »
    I played 1 and while I thought it was repetitive for a fair bit, I enjoyed it nonetheless like yourself.

I haven't played 2 or Brotherhoods yet I'm embarrassed to say, I will start them very soon though. Only played Revelations admittedly as my brother bought it! But from what I heard, ACII is the fans favourite. I'm sure one of the lads here will be able to give you a more detailed response with them two games.

But as I've said, this Command and Conquer-esque mini game really are annoying in Revelations. I've only taken part in a handful, but just a single one is too much. They vary in difficulty, and I could not figure out how to beat the toughest ones nor could I be arsed to learn how to do so. In the end, I just let the templars win and I'd then take it over again through assassinating the captain. It's a blot for me more so than others, and again, the the conclusion to the story of Enzo and Altair (1st game) more than make up for any faults in the game. I wouldn't say it's anywhere near as a repetitive as the first game.
    Cheers, 3 looks very promising so I may play over the previous ones, brother has them so I'll just borrow them from him I reckon!

AC 2 improves on 1 big time, repetition is reduced dramatically. Brotherhood refined the game further with improved combat (kill-streaks are just badass) and tools. Revelations didn't actually add much extra at all, and the story was pants compared to the previous 2. You really should play them, they're excellent.

Sarky wrote: »
    AC 2 improves on 1 big time, repetition is reduced dramatically. Brotherhood refined the game further with improved combat (kill-streaks are just badass) and tools. Revelations didn't actually add much extra at all, and the story was pants compared to the previous 2. You really should play them, they're excellent.
    I watched my brother play it a small bit, looked like there puzzles involved, that a consistent feature or was it just a small segment of the game?

Small segment. Most of the puzzle stuff you don't have to bother with, although it does end up revealing some very interesting bits of what's actually going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

ACII remains the only game I've been bothered to get the platinum on. Absolutely love that game. Brotherhood was on an even par with it imo.

I'm still playing my way through Revelations atm but so far it's the least impressive of the three for me.

Interview with the Creative Director from the AC franchise -

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Sarky wrote: »

+1. 2 is brilliant, really meets all of the potential that the first game had. Brotherhood is better again, calling your assassin buddies is so satisfying and it has the coolest villain in the series so far. Revelations isn't as good, but the bits where you play as Altair are excellent. Ezio's story is a bit dull compared to his previous outings though.

3 is looking pretty amazing. I hope Connor is as well developed as Ezio. It's a pity they didn't have anything for substantial for the 4th of July though (unless they surprise us tomorrow).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Agree, it's definitely AC 2, brotherhood then revelations, in that order. However, Revelations was better 2nd time round (I personally found), and is well worth the time invested.

AC1 holds this 'limbo' position.....it started something fantastic, but is heavily flawed as a gaming experience (still......can anything hold a candle to climbing to the top of the cathedral in Acre?). AC2 just improves on all it's flaws, making it the Terminator 2 of games.

• Advertisement

(still......can anything hold a candle to climbing to the top of the cathedral in Acre?).

Managing to land in the haystack when you inevitably jump off. That bastard was impossible to aim for without luck.

It made me believe in physics.

This is just beautiful..

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

New Boston gameplay demo.

the game looks like its shaping up to be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man, tree climbing looks class! and then hanging people from the tree! Revelations made me lose faith in the AC franchise but this definitely looks to be getting back on track.

Stabbing a guy with a musket then shooting his friend with it? Yes please! Combat chains look much quicker too.

They must of been working extremly hard to make this game very enjoyable and realistic. It is defintely going to be a contender for game of year.

Love the Boston demo.

Wolfpack mode looks good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Makes me want to re-play AC2. Anyone wanna gimme a loan? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 JoeLauzon

Am I the only one who's looking forward to Desmond's story more than Connors???

Advertisement