Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

JoeLauzon wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's looking forward to Desmond's story more than Connors???
    Those exceptionally boring first person missions better not make a return....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Corkfeen wrote: »

Didn't even want to finish the first one, so gave up half way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I would say most people are excited to see where Desmond's story is going in AC3 and whether or not it will actually be finished in this game or not. It is just the fact that UbiSoft are only talking about Connor's side of the game means there isn't a whole lot to discuss about Desmond right now.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nope. I think most people at this stage are looking forward to Desmond's story more so.

I would say most people are excited to see where Desmond's story is going in AC3 and whether or not it will actually be finished in this game or not. It is just the fact that UbiSoft are only talking about Connor's side of the game means there isn't a whole lot to discuss about Desmond right now.

Or quite simply, they do not want to reveal much if anything about Desmond's story and I for one hope it stays that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jate3d9u1qxmwc

I thought the core gameplay of them was boring and occasionally got slightly challenging but the story of how
    Desmond became an assassin
    was pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

was sent the developer bible for this earlier this week. having to be very careful with what i read and what i dont

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Helix wrote: »
    was sent the developer bible for this earlier this week. having to be very careful with what i read and what i dont

What exactly is in a dev bible?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

im looking forward to connors story more
    i always hated playing as desmond ha
    done me head in
    i just wanna ninja some guys and move on

sheehy83 wrote: »
    What exactly is in a dev bible?

it's the series canon. lots of information, backstory, details, weapons, peripheral characters etc so that everyone working on the game has a reference when they're doing things. it's basically a document of everything in the game

Thats a big resposibility Helix! Was that given to all game journo's or do you come across it by shady means? :D

• Advertisement

Soooo... I Know something you all don't know :p

Something nobody knows. Nobody. Anywhere. Except people directly involved. Nobody.

I'm aware how much of a dick that makes me sound, but hey, that's me :p

I'll be cryptic when I can like I was earlier in this thread, which some of you guessed rightly, but don't hold your breath. It'll be a while.

Sorry. But you'll know before anyone else, just like before...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Oh come on!

Desmond's an alien, isn't he? Fúcking knew it.

We may need to wait for a new thread

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thats a big resposibility Helix! Was that given to all game journo's or do you come across it by shady means? :D

I got it legitimately. Well be doing an AC month on October if anyone's interested in its contents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I bet Ubisoft and Valve were in cahoots the AC ending sets the stage for Half Life 3.

trailer for our october thing we're doing

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

trailer for our october thing we're doing

One wonders, who is SHE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Aveline, the character from the upcoming vita game. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I found the whole backstory aspect interesting, it was just that the gameplay was horribly mundane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Assassin Creed 3 coming in xmas for wii u on launch date, i saw preview of Assassin Creed 3 wii u in last issue of ONM, Official Nintendo Magazine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

this months 'play' mag has a good video of a walkthrough level showing all the new stuff. really excited now. i been avoiding watching videos of it alot so havent seen much to be honest but it looks savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

^I'll have to check that out.

I'm wondering what the multiplayer will be like for this game. I wasn't really a huge fan of the multiplayer in the last two games and I can't wait to see what this one will be like.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Soooo... I Know something you all don't know :p

Something nobody knows. Nobody. Anywhere. Except people directly involved. Nobody.

I'm aware how much of a dick that makes me sound, but hey, that's me :p

Yes, you're a games journalist, we get it, give it a rest please... thank you...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Replayed AC:Revelations over the past week to start getting psyched up for this. Also managed to get away with only doing one Den Defense mission (as it's a mission in the story). Leveled up Assassins as quickly as I could and kept reducing notoriety so the Den wouldn't come under attack.

I still think it was the weakest of the three Ezio games, but I enjoyed playing it more this time round than the first time, probably because I took my time with the story and understood it better, and the game did have some great moments and ideas. It just suffered from far too many tailing missions, next-to-no Desmond story or missions (as those first person missions are optional and not part of the main storyline of the game), and no crazy missions from the likes of Leonardo's machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Definitely the weakest of the 3 Ezios, but as you said second time round, this game seems to have a second lease.

This (AC3) is my one must buy of the year, I can't wait to play it. I'll never forget all the build up to the first AC and now the conclusion is almost here. Well....it better be the conclusion..... :/

I can't help but feel though....after the likable Ezio.....Conor is going to be a bit of a stiff personality wise? Probably harsh since there's been nothing yet.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

3 Wii U trailers went up today. Not adding much if anything to what we have already seen, but nonetheless, look great.

Anyone have any clue on when they're going to release the soundtrack?

The achievements/trophy list was released. The MP trophies don't look as bad last time. Theres also a jager bomb :pac:. All in all they look interesting and seems like there will be a lot of stuff to do in AC3. The 'Homestead' in particular sounds very interesting.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/368705/assassins-creed-3-achievements-list-emerges/

Those look good. The Sequence 6 one is pretty obvious that it is going to involve the Boston Tea Party. I just cannot wait any longer.

• Advertisement

Advertisement