Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you introverted, outroverted or ambiverted (50-50)

• 16-02-2012 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I'd consider myself an introvert. I like the company of others, but after a while I am drained of energy and want some time by myself. Normally to maybe read books, listen to music on my headphones or play video games. (or watch TV :))

Which are you?

Mods: I'd like to have the poll answered by the general public. I feel if this topic was posted in the Psychology forum i'd get a more expert opinion, but i'm not looking for that much insight. I feel in here I'd get more of a response from your normal citizen.

Are you an introvert, extravery or ambivert? 79 votes

Introvert
    0% 0 votes
    Outrovert
    72% 57 votes
    Ambivert
    3% 3 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    24% 19 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

No 'Perverted' option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I voted ambiverted.

I probably should have voted Introvert but I spend so much of my time drunk it deserves a mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Totalitarian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Cuntverted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Seachmall wrote: »
    I voted ambiverted.

I probably should have voted Introvert but I spend so much of my time drunk it deserves a mention.

Are you drunk right now?

I voted Ambivert for the same reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

I'm inverted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

is this about bellybuttons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

outroverted? what happened to extroverted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I'm diverted

Why isn't "ambisexual" a word?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

stovelid wrote: »
    Cuntverted
    ^ So true :pac:

Bit of both, but leaning more toward introverted. I quite like my own company, I tire of people quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

At around 17 degrees I have one innie and one outie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Why isn't "ambisexual" a word?

The prefix "Ambi" indicates it can be changed to one or the other at will, where as "Bi" is completely half 'n half, no need to shift to one or the other.

If you were "Ambisexual" you could be straight or gay at the snap of a finger, which would be cool but doesn't exist afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

I'd consider myself an introvert. I like the company of others, but after a while I am drained of energy and want some time by myself. Normally to maybe read books, listen to music on my headphones or play video games. (or watch TV :))

Which are you?

Mods: I'd like to have the poll answered by the general public. I feel if this topic was posted in the Psychology forum i'd get a more expert opinion, but i'm not looking for that much insight. I feel in here I'd get more of a response from your normal citizen.

The general public who spend at least a bit of their time posting on Boards.ie. Methinks there'll be a fair few introverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Invertebrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

jpm4 wrote: »

Which are you?

The general public who spend at least a bit of their time posting on Boards.ie. Methinks there'll be a fair few introverts.
    Or a lot of people slacking off work or college. Or out of work people.

Seachmall wrote: »
    The prefix "Ambi" indicates it can be changed to one or the other at will, where as "Bi" is completely half 'n half, no need to shift to one or the other.

If you were "Ambisexual" you could be straight or gay at the snap of a finger, which would be cool but doesn't exist afaik.

Ah I see. That explains that then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Probably introverted but i do a great extroverted impression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Shy bear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I'm bored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Depends on the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Definitely introverted. It takes me a while to recharge the batteries if I've been out for a night out, especially if there are lots of people I don't know there. I hate being in crowds of people, much prefer a quiet night with one or two close friends or have them over to dinner.

Hate crowded pubs or sweaty heaving clubs full of obnoxious drunks, brings out my social anxiety.

I often think I was born in the wrong country :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dr. Manhattan

I'm whichever of those options doesn't vote in polls with made up words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Very outgoing once I get to know people even just a bit, but shy and quiet beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I suppose I'd be slightly introverted.

After too many beers however, I become loudtroverted. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Most people here would be introverts since we're here and not out talking to normies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Definitely more of an introvert but I really enjoy having the craic with mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Went from outrovert to introvert to ambi to back to where I started. For good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

My friends would describe me as the chatty bubbly one, in reality I love being by myself (I live by myself). until i get to know someone a bit im extremely shy, to the point people think im being ignorant but im socialy retarded in new groups unless drink is involved-bit pathetic really!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Just back from googling.

Ambiverted
    a person with both traits of extroversion and introversion, that I think sums up me and everybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

44leto wrote: »
    Just back from googling.

Ambiverted
    a person with both traits of extroversion and introversion, that I think sums up me and everybody.

An it's a fairly useless term really - everyone shows traits of both extrovert and introvert but most people tend towards one more than the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭treborflynn

does being an introvert mean I miss out on stuff? or i dont have as many friends? or i find it harder to get girls? or am i just a loser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm definitely more introverted. I think people have an idea of an introvert as being really shy or really unfriendly and while I am shy, I'm not overly so and I think I'm pretty friendly. I guess I just spend a lot of time in my own head. I tend to think things through and I don't really talk without thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

jpm4 wrote: »
    An it's a fairly useless term really - everyone shows traits of both extrovert and introvert but most people tend towards one more than the other.

I think it depends on the situation with me, in some situations I am extremely extroverted in others shy and introverted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It depends on my mood, tbh.

If I'm in a **** mood, I avoid people. If I'm in a good mood, I can't stay quite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

"A shy, reticent, and typically self-centered person."

Yup I'm too focused on my own flaws, the world revolves around my problems, I'm learning out to be more outgoing and easygoing, sometimes I just don't want to talk to people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dreamerking

More introverted than extroverted. I dread large groups of people. Although I think it is better to be an extrovert in modern society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Introverted as fuuck.
    An example-head to my friends' house, but left after 2 and a half hours (after 2 hours of saying nothing). She said there would be just a couple of people, so I thought it would just be us, but loads of people showed up and the atmosphere just got weird. I did feel sick and I was REALLY tired, but I could have dealt with that. The place just drained me.
    It's bad, I know.

Advertisement