Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog warden

Options
  • 16-02-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

hi everyone just wondered has anyone else had the dog warden call looking for dog licenses had a note in my door today when came home dont care anyway as i have mine but its just another way of goverment getting handy money in my opinion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

What area are you in roughly? In my 8 years here he's only been around 2 or 3 times tops looking for licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Is it possible someone has had an issue with your dog and complained to him? Because I have never heard of a Dog Warden calling randomly to check dog licenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Ya. Thats normal. Seems to do our area annually.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Called to us about 3 months ago in Town. Had a dog for 15+ years and never called til then. Just said we didn't have it yet so he said he'd call back to see it in a few days. Never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 snowy two

I am in town area yeah when i rang the number up to tell him i had licenses to give him the number of them he said he be back cause he had to check all the licenses in the area anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

i've got a licence and a dog and let me tell you this, do not under any circumstances let your dog go near the warden or the council kennels, i have heard numerous stories about the trigger happiness of the sligo warden.
    i have also seen destruction rate figures in the media which i believe are make believe. make sure to look after your best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 snowy two

promethius wrote: »
    i've got a licence and a dog and let me tell you this, do not under any circumstances let your dog go near the warden or the council kennels, i have heard numerous stories about the trigger happiness of the sligo warden.
    i have also seen destruction rate figures in the media which i believe are make believe. make sure to look after your best friend.

yeah that goes without saying sometimes i think if i looked after myself as well as the dogs i be great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Had the dog warden at the door a few weeks ago checking for a license as well. First time ever that this has happened so I'm guessing there must be some sort of crack down down on unlicensed dogs?

As it happens we don't have a dog but I told him we did have a license for our two cats.

...he didn't laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

I'll have to agree with you on that one, I know a few people who complained about the dog warden.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DickBunce

He seems very entusastic by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

must get paid per destruction!

i personally had a bad experience with them, after this i heard a few more stories from other dog owners all in the same vein about the same place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

I have to say I have never heard of nor encountered a Dog Warden checking dog licenses before. For those who say he has called though, I hoped you checked some proper ID because it could be a scam to scope out your property.

Advertisement