Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just keep running

• 16-02-2012 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

hi all, i just want to start a log to keep myself focused, for fear i might slip up somewhere down the line. negative as that sounds, it might but i am really enjoying my running at the minute.
    short background, i quit playing GAA 18 months ago and needed something to fill the void. i normally live in australia, but commitments have me back home for the foreseeable future. after quitting ball, i really wanted a pass time that was not team based as all my life i have relied on other people to aid me achieve my goals, whereas with running apart from advice, its your own thing.

i intend to do the half marathon in bohermeen on march 4 hopefully, it will be my biggest run to date although i am quite comfortable running 30km min a week, various distances to suit my schedule.
    i will give you my times, i am not terribly scientific when it comes to running yet, as i get better my professionalism will rise too.
    just to note, i am very keen, and really enjoy running on my own:)

13km: 1 hr 15min(this time is a while back i imagine im slightly quicker now)
    9km: 40min29sec
    5km: 19min42sec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

completed longest run to date on friday, 10 miles @ exactly 1 hr 30 mins, happy with that. busy all weekend so never got out. did 5 km tonight to get ready for long run tomorrow.

could some of you guys enlighten me on your pre run warm up and warm downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

17kms last night at 1hr 37min good run feel good today

Advertisement