Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbl update

Options
  • 16-02-2012 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭

What was the update today? Big enough update

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This update will increase performance and is part of our continued effort to provide the best possible Xbox LIVE experience. In this update, we are providing a fix to a color issue that some were experiencing, and it will be immediately notable in the dashboard. The fix is also being applied by partners to their apps on Xbox LIVE, which we expect to roll out over the coming months.

http://majornelson.com/2012/02/16/xbox-360-system-update-rolling-out/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It seems to have caused an issue where if you join a party, all the members in the party have the same gamertag for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Thats gonna be fixed over the weekend when the update is fully rolled out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

i've been trying for two days now to download this update and keep getting a 396b error. It's wearing very thin at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

What is the whole error? What have you tried etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

As is the way, I turned it on to pull up the full error code, and whadda'ya know it downloaded!

I had previously tried resetting the router and also connecting the xbox directly to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Good to hear! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Getting blank screens now more often than not, like say with the netflix app loading up. Only thing you can do is restart the console as no button on the controler works when this bug shows up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Well hung

Just updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got prompted to update again today , no Idea what it was for though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

calex71 wrote: »
    Got prompted to update again today , no Idea what it was for though

Same here except now my display is f*cked up, nice one microshaft!
    Please wait for an agent to respond. You are currently '2' in the queue.
    All agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. An agent will be with you shortly. You are currently '2' in the queue.
    All agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. An agent will be with you shortly. You are currently '2' in the queue.
    All agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. An agent will be with you shortly. You are currently '3' in the queue.

Oh microsh*te how I loathe thee......

It fixed an issue with Voice commands with Non-english speaking countries that was in the last update

GAAman wrote: »
    Same here except now my display is f*cked up, nice one microshaft!

Oh microsh*te how I loathe thee......

Oh how original :rolleyes:

Meesared wrote: »
    Oh how original :rolleyes:

I care so very very much about your opinion, I mean I will literally lay awake at night now knowing that I have let you down. Perhaps I can redeem myself in your eyes at a later date, but for now the shame shall live with me as a constant reminder.

Or to put it another way, your opinion means less to me than the hair on my toes.

So much so you spent the time to type that out? :rolleyes:

So much so you spent the time to type that out? :rolleyes:

I don't know how long it takes you to type but that took me less than 30 seconds, I don't mind taking that time to put you in your place at all. :)

And just in case anyone else has a similar problem rolling back the update and redownloading it fixed the issue for me.

I don't know how long it takes you to type but that took me less than 30 seconds, I don't mind taking that time to put you in your place at all. :)

And just in case anyone else has a similar problem rolling back the update and redownloading it fixed the issue for me.
    My place? Ha good one :)

My place? Ha good one :)

Yes, your place. I will also say kudos for not relying on the rolleyes smiley to make up the basis of your "witty retorts", keep it up not using said smiley as when it is used it reflects more on the person using it rather than their attempt at a comeback.

I won't bring this topic any further off topic, if anyone has a problem as a result of the update see my previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

tumblr_lkc485zmkf1qh0epb.gif

almanu wrote: »
    tumblr_lkc485zmkf1qh0epb.gif
    Man that was fun lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Yes, your place. I will also say kudos for not relying on the rolleyes smiley to make up the basis of your "witty retorts", keep it up not using said smiley as when it is used it reflects more on the person using it rather than their attempt at a comeback.

I won't bring this topic any further off topic, if anyone has a problem as a result of the update see my previous post.

Dude, Meesard has been posting here far far more often than yourself and I couldnt count as to how many times he's give help and info here thats helped out many a poster myself included, and might I add - all with courtesy and respect.....Try some. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Man that was fun lol
    sometimes,just sometimesvv ms employees need to reel the neck in.
    at the end of the day,you are just a number,like all of us.i dont think it helps you case in any way postin like this,even thro you posts help a lot on here, a ms (is it the help desk you work on? But i can see were you are coming from,its not nice for a ms grunt(tiss al you are,at the end of the day.
    I like your helpfull posts...but you put down people way too much too.
    Workin for ms does not make you god like.their are other ms workers thqt do not get involvd,post.like you are doin more

and more latley,from what i see you are doin this more over time.
    Not nice dude..not nice at all!!

Im not really too worried :)
    Thanks for your concern though, I post here purely as a personal preference, who I work for is nothing to do with it.

Its just that silly making insults from MS's name strikes me as remarkably immature, this is what I think of when I see stuff like that:
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/7/22/

It was old 10 years ago, its just annoying now

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Im not really too worried :)
    Thanks for your concern though, I post here purely as a personal preference, who I work for is nothing to do with it.

Its just that silly making insults from MS's name strikes me as remarkably immature, this is what I think of when I see stuff like that:
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/7/22/

It was old 10 years ago, its just annoying now

Then why engage these people at all? In fairness people are entitled to their own view and can express their dissatisfaction with a company in a harmless way all they like. I doubt many people who do the above think Bill Gates himself will read it, but people who work for the company might, like you did. You say you aren't bothered yet you take issue with it.

Don't get me wrong by the way, I've nothing against you and I see you do be very involved on the Xbox forums, I personally just don't see how people expressing their opinion is immature. Microsoft are a money hungry business like many other companies and lets face it, in their Xbox history, customer service wasn't their strong point in the beginning.

Its a Business. That is what businesses do, they exist to make money. Name me one business which wouldn't want more money.

Its a Business. That is what businesses do, they exist to make money. Name me one business which wouldn't want more money.

Yes but Microsoft in their early years had extremely questionable and aggressive business practices. And their business model for the Xbox 360 obviously didn't balance quality and build price as the failure rate was as high as it was. I can't imagine any businesses don't want to make money, nor can I see where I said that in my post? I said "Money hungry business like many other companies".

It's how Microsoft conduct themselves that people have issues with. The fact that you're still ignorant of other people having their own opinion for a just cause proves your bias. The fact that you will pick at one part of my post instead of just moving on is beyond me.

I'm not saying they're the worst company, I'm not saying other companies don't make worse mistakes or have worse customer service, but we're not talking about other companies. We're talking about Microsoft and your apparent inability to let anyone express their displeasure with the company you work for.

Yes but Microsoft in their early years had extremely questionable and aggressive business practices. And their business model for the Xbox 360 obviously didn't balance quality and build price as the failure rate was as high as it was. I can't imagine any businesses don't want to make money, nor can I see where I said that in my post? I said "Money hungry business like many other companies".

It's how Microsoft conduct themselves that people have issues with. The fact that you're still ignorant of other people having their own opinion for a just cause proves your bias. The fact that you will pick at one part of my post instead of just moving on is beyond me.

I'm not saying they're the worst company, I'm not saying other companies don't make worse mistakes or have worse customer service, but we're not talking about other companies. We're talking about Microsoft and your apparent inability to let anyone express their displeasure with the company you work for.
    I don't have issue with people slating MS, i know they have their faults, but the whole M$ et al stuff really gets to me because its really old and not clever anymore

I don't have issue with people slating MS, i know they have their faults, but the whole M$ et al stuff really gets to me because its really old and not clever anymore

That's your view and you're entitled to it, but you let it turn into what it did and derail a whole topic because someone said something you didn't like. The internet is full of people saying things I don't like or agree with I just don't give a crap.

Are we not derailing this thread now by you pulling me up on this?
    Just saying it takes two to tango.

• Advertisement

Are we not derailing this thread now by you pulling me up on this?
    Just saying it takes two to tango.

yeah, but if that occurred to you and you genuinely cared you wouldn't have even posted that "response". You put the final nail in the coffin of this thread long before I came along. I just didn't see enough support for GAAman's right to an opinion so I said I'd post once, I thought you might have the grace to just take a third parties advice on board and move on but you seem determined to get the last post in. But if it makes your existence more bearable to get the last post in, it's all yours. Just know I won't be reading it...

Advertisement