Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbl update

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Ok fair enough I probably should have handled it better, but at the same time I never had any issue with GAAman slating MS, it was the way he did it. Slate MS to your hearts content! It doesn't bother me, honestly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yes but Microsoft in their early years had extremely questionable and aggressive business practices. And their business model for the Xbox 360 obviously didn't balance quality and build price as the failure rate was as high as it was. I can't imagine any businesses don't want to make money, nor can I see where I said that in my post? I said "Money hungry business like many other companies".

It's how Microsoft conduct themselves that people have issues with. The fact that you're still ignorant of other people having their own opinion for a just cause proves your bias. The fact that you will pick at one part of my post instead of just moving on is beyond me.

I'm not saying they're the worst company, I'm not saying other companies don't make worse mistakes or have worse customer service, but we're not talking about other companies. We're talking about Microsoft and your apparent inability to let anyone express their displeasure with the company you work for.
    Calling something Microshíte is childish. Not sure how this is even up for discussion. Not sure why everyone is getting sand in their vaginas about a throwaway comment from Meesared really.

Meesared wrote: »
    Ok fair enough I probably should have handled it better, but at the same time I never had any issue with GAAman slating MS, it was the way he did it. Slate MS to your hearts content! It doesn't bother me, honestly :)

You work for a load of hungry elitist bastards!!!:pac:

Got the updates myself and maybe placebo, but the dashoboard does seem a bit quicker when messing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Calling something Microshíte is childish. Not sure how this is even up for discussion. Not sure why everyone is getting sand in their vaginas about a throwaway comment from Meesared really.

That's your view and you're entitled to it, I disagree however.
    Don't see why you're quoting me with that comment anyway I didn't call Microsoft anything. I merely said it's harmless and it's the posters entitlement to express his dislike for the company that way if he chooses. Only person I seen "Get sand in their Vagina" Was Meesared over somebody slagging Microsoft in a manner they thought old and not funny anymore. Which resulted in two people arguing and derailing a thread. It was put to bed anyway so not sure what purpose your comment served.

On the topic of the update, I haven't noticed any difference to the dashboard loading times or the colour problem. The whole colour issue never seemed to happen for me in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Don't see why you're quoting me with that comment anyway I didn't call Microsoft anything. I merely said it's harmless and it's the posters entitlement to express his dislike for the company that way if he chooses. Only person I seen "Get sand in their Vagina" Was Meesared over somebody slagging Microsoft in a manner they thought old and not funny anymore. Which resulted in two people arguing and derailing a thread. It was put to bed anyway so not sure what purpose your comment served.

On the topic of the update, I haven't noticed any difference to the dashboard loading times or the colour problem. The whole colour issue never seemed to happen for me in the first place.

Who has made you the arbiter of what can and can't be said? Your whole argument boils down to the fact that you think one guy was okay to make a comment but the other guy wasn't. You made your feelings clear, which again was fine in your eyes, but when I do it it serves no purpose as it had been put to bed. Again, deciding on what can and cannot be said. Basically, if somebody wants to make a childish comment, they are going to get called on it.

Anyway, yeah, I wasn't affected by the colour issue either so it's no big deal. Pretty sure I read somewhere that people were going to have to start adding credit cards to get their free trial and that it would charge you for the next month once it's up if you don't cancel. A bit like Netflix. I wonder if this new update had anything to do with that as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Who has made you the arbiter of what can and can't be said? Your whole argument boils down to the fact that you think one guy was okay to make a comment but the other guy wasn't. You made your feelings clear, which again was fine in your eyes, but when I do it it serves no purpose as it had been put to bed. Again, deciding on what can and cannot be said. Basically, if somebody wants to make a childish comment, they are going to get called on it.

Anyway, yeah, I wasn't affected by the colour issue either so it's no big deal. Pretty sure I read somewhere that people were going to have to start adding credit cards to get their free trial and that it would charge you for the next month once it's up if you don't cancel. A bit like Netflix. I wonder if this new update had anything to do with that as well.

I go away for a few days and come back to this. Keep on topic guys, no more bickering.

Advertisement