Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandyford Accomadation

Options
  • 16-02-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

I am looking for accommodation for the summer months - the end of May to end of August right beside the Sandyford Industrial estate if possible (or even 10-15 mins walk) as I am working for the summer in the estate. I am looking for a single room only please.

If anyone has student accommodation that is unoccupied for the summer, would greatly appreciate any offers or info!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Alkers

Any accommodation that is used during the term time for UCD should be near enough to Sandyford and should be empty during the summer. Anywhere around Stillorgan area is near enough and remember anywhere along the LUAS green line should suit you also.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kehoejck

Thanks for the reply, appreciated. I noticed there are quite a few housing estates near the Sandyford Indutrial Estate itself, if I could just rent a room somewhere there that would be idea. Doesent need to be fancy, just needs to have essentials i.e. functional kitchen and hot showers :). Would anyone know of any local message board or place I could look for these, not having too much look on daft etc.!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kehoejck

How long does the Luas take from St, Stephens green to the stop at the estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

about 20/25 minutes... Kilmacud, Stillorgan, and Sandyford stops are all along the ind. estate so would depend which part of the area you're going to

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

There is an older shopping centre near Wedgewood estate beside the industrial estate. The Supervalu supermarket there has a notice board. Within the industrial estate is the Beacon shopping area which is located at the base of several modern apartment schemes (some unfinished). There is a busy Dunnes Stores there but I am not sure if there is a notice board. Perhaps phone them? Nearby is a Starbucks and other cafe type places. You should get some room that area as many underoccupied flats in that immediate area I rechon. You could make inquiries in the Beacon hotel and hospital also. People coming for medical reasons might look for short term let.

• Advertisement
Advertisement