Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short-term one-room letting in Dublin

Options
  • 16-02-2012 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm not sure if this should be in the Accom forum or this one so feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place. I have a friend who is based in the UK but is going to be doing some freelance work here in Dublin. Because she is self-employed she's not in a postion to expense accommodation but because she will only be in the city for 5-8 days max a month she needs a room that she can rent out by the night without the expense of a house-share/paying bills or having to pay hotel bills. Do any of you know if any of the 3rd level institutions rent out their posher rooms in Halls or if such a thing exists? She looked into short-term let apartments but they are also exorbitant. Is there a middle ground does anyone know? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

PM sent. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Didn't get the response I was hoping for here Mods, any way this might be better suited to the Accom forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Didn't get the response I was hoping for here Mods, any way this might be better suited to the Accom forum?

was the PM received an issue? if so you can report PMs just like you can report posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

No not at all Des, I got a few PMs offering my friend rooms to rent in private houses here in Dublin which isn't really suitable. While I really appreciate people taking the time send me a PM, am wondering more if there are things like halls of residence or specific accommodation for business travellers who will be in the city sporadically?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Not trying to be sarky, but I think people just use hotels. There are some very cheap options, especially once you go out of the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I think there are some palces called dublin apartments or dublin city apartments that deal with short term apartment rentals. They are usually used by groups of people coming over for a week or a long weekend. I know a few people who stayed for 4 days in a place near boojum. I shall google and report back

Edit: Googled dublin apartments and got http://www.staydublin.com/ There seem to be a few more aswell. Have noo personal experience so you can google and check them all out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

www.airbnb.com might be helpful

Advertisement