Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 PAL on a NTSC HDTV

• 16-02-2012 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I hooked my PAL PS3 to my NTSC HDTV with a HD Cable without any problems. Everything was working perfect. Today I turned on the PS3 but it won't display. There's a message on the screen saying ''Invalid Format''. Why is it only now that this message is displaying? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

hd is hd, so there shouldn't be a problem as far as i know. try resetting the ps3's display settings to suit the tv

turn it on by holding the power button, and keep the power button held til it beeps for the second time. it SHOULD work for you then

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Aidan1985

Thanks Helix for the reply. I tried the double beep method but still no luck. The HD cable is fine, no damage. Like you said, HD is HD and it was working fine up until now.

have you got another hd cable to test with just in case? or another hd display you could try it out on? sounds a strange oul error. i had a problem when i moved to canada initially in that the tv i had wouldnt digitially shake hands with my ps3, but since yours worked fine originally i dont think that should be the case. have you another hd device even that you could hook up to the tv to make sure that the port and cable are working fine? your laptop maybe?

Yeah I have a HD TV box hooked up using the HD Cable. I even tried using a spare HD Cable to see if it would help, but no joy. This is unusual alright. I mean it all worked perfect before. If I was to buy a Component Cable, would that work? I'm in Mexico so would all the cables be compatible?

with a component cable you MIGHT run into display issues. there's a small chance that you'll see things in black and white - I had that with my PAL wii on a NTSC HDTV, but it's certainly worth a shot

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help. I try all I can. Appreciate it.

Hey Helix, for some reason it's working again! Thanks for the help.

might have a loose connection at the back of the tv or the ps3 then

good to hear you're back up and running though!

Advertisement