Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Usage Calculator

• 16-02-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

im in process of moving house and my current provider bbnet cant provided me with a service in my new location i have tried a few options and ive decided on digiweb. got installed yesterday in my new location 8mb package. have done a few speed tests and im happy enough with the results im getting back it various between 6.80mb and 7.58mb and never drops below 6mb.

but ive lost my unlimited downloads with bbnet and im on a 60gb per month cap with digiweb. i do a fair bit of downloading but im sure i can stay within the cap.

so im on the lookout for a good usuage calculator to keep track of my usuage per month. so i dont exceed the cap.

any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

im in process of moving house and my current provider bbnet cant provided me with a service in my new location i have tried a few options and ive decided on digiweb. got installed yesterday in my new location 8mb package. have done a few speed tests and im happy enough with the results im getting back it various between 6.80mb and 7.58mb and never drops below 6mb.

but ive lost my unlimited downloads with bbnet and im on a 60gb per month cap with digiweb. i do a fair bit of downloading but im sure i can stay within the cap.

so im on the lookout for a good usuage calculator to keep track of my usuage per month. so i dont exceed the cap.

any suggestions?
    Is that dsl or metro??

The way Digiweb work is if you go over 120%of your allowance they throttle you. I have the 60gig allowance as well. So I can use 72gigs before I get trotted. We have 5 in the house. 2 of us use netflix . 1 games a lot and the other lives on youtube and im sure we have gone over the 72gigs plenty of times (mytraffic.digiweb.ie) but they have never trotted us and im sure that is because were on dsl.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭AustinByrnes

its the metro home package. i thought it was value for money despite the cap compared to ripplecom who were the only other company that could provide a decent service at my location.

ripplecoms package was

8mb download
    1mb upload
    unlimited downloads
    149euro installation
    49 euro wireless router
    1st month up front - 39.99 P/M

or

digiweb metro home

8mb download
    1mb upload
    60gb monthly allowence
    free installation
    free wireless router
    1st 3 months is 20.12euro P/M
    then 40 P/M

my internet usuage would be:

surf everday
    medium e mail use, 2 accounts that between them would send/recieve maybe 20 mails a day.
    would download maybe 3 albums a week
    about 10 - 15 movies/tv shows a week(not every week though, obviously with the cap i just now need to pick and choose want i want to download)
    i watch alot of streaming tv on my ipad/xbox(rte player/you tube or sky go apps) about 20 - 25 hours a week
    i play the odd online game through xbox live
    and might skype on occasion but not much.

thats about it. because i have always had an broadband package with no cap on it i never actually paid attention to what i would use per month i guess my best approach would be use the internet the way i always would and when i get my 1st bill see if i go over it and if i do just have to get used to having a cap per month and best way to make use of the cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I installed this monitor and find it very good and easy to use.

http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/

Advertisement