Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 910

Options
  • 16-02-2012 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Looking at getting this watch but price is expensive.wiggle 460 seemt o be cheapest.anyone got one yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Yes and I love it. Base2Race and Amphibian King are matching Wiggle from what I hear. Actually, I think Amphibian are selling them in store for 450.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yep, have had it since the 1st February and have covered 175 miles (running). So far I have found it to be a massive improvement on my old Garmin (405), however, I have also founnd that it is very buggy. The barometric altimeter really doesn't work at all. Occasionally it will lock up, and need a soft reset. At times the data presented is a little off the charts (I covered approximately 4.5 miles running in 2.5 minutes).

Some real positives (for someone who is 98% runner) coming from a 405:
    Big screen + Lots of different accessible data fields
    No Bezel (actually there is a touch sensitive screen to turn on the light, but you can ignore this).
    Great battery life
    Vibration alerts are fantastic
    Very quick to acquire satellites (as compared to the older technology on the 405)
    Real buttons!
    Memory capacity (can store a lot more workouts).
    Very light and comfortable (easier to wear than the 405).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Collected mine this evening and set it up with 2 mins out of the box as I was getting ready in the back of the car. Click and away I went, early days but the first 6.56 miles have been grand :D. Have the fun and games ahead of me now connecting it to everything - worse than when the clocks go back!

Advertisement