Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEED ADVICE. WAGES NOT PAID!!!!!!

Options
  • 16-02-2012 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

hey all

need some advice. i am due to be paid tomorrow and i got my wage slip today. i had been paid for two hours and 15 minutes overtime and that was it. my basic wage that i am contracted for is 75hours. i get paid every two weeks. i panicked and had mini heart attack but was told that i would be paid what i always get plus my overtime. i have since spoken to a friend within the company who has told me that what ever is on my wage slip is what i will be paid!!!!! i trust this person completely as they deal with payroll.

i need advice for when i go to work tomorrow as if this is true i am screwed money wise. i have rent, bills, and standing orders which will all be coming out of my account tomorrow. i need my money asap. what rights do i have?

i have tried nera's website but dont really understand it.
    any advise welcomed as im about to tear my hair out worrying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

You arrive in work, and tell your boss and/or payroll dept that your payslip is incorrect. Then ask them if your actual wages will be correct. If they say "no" then ask them for a cheque for the missing amount that you can drop into bank on your lunch break.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭getsome

When i was paid every two weeks, my hours were split up over two weeks, i could work 70 hours in one week and 10 hours in week two, but i wouldnt only be paid over time if i went over a certin amount of hours in two weeks. Dont know if its legal but because of being paid every two weeks i barely saw overtime on my pay slip, also the taxes are combined an looked hefty!!

This site might help
    http://www.unionconnect.ie/rights/3/

• Registered Users Posts: 28 clairebearxxx

hey

thanks for advice i went to work today and went mad lol and demanded my money and told them if it wasnt in my account by the time i finished i would be contacting NERA. it worked :) money in my account :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

hey

thanks for advice i went to work today and went mad lol and demanded my money and told them if it wasnt in my account by the time i finished i would be contacting NERA. it worked :) money in my account :)
    Did you check your account before making those demands?

no made them after i checked my bank account. checked it before i went to work and on my lunch then went to them after my lunch and told them it needed to be sorted and now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Hey, just a suggestion here but you seem to have approached them a bit aggressively. I don't think that's in your best interests in the long run. Everyone makes mistakes, threatening NERA and going mad at them may not have been necessary.

Feel free to ignore me!

hey. no i wont ignore your advice all advice welcome and appricated. should have added in my original post that i am not the first person in the last while that this has happened to. there are two other people in my job who were left short in there wages last time we got paid (two weeks ago) that have still to recieve there money. one of them was left short a huge amount of money and they are still waiting. i wasnt the only person this happened to today as i found out when i went into work. i was decent about it when i first went in but as the day went on and nothing was happening i had to get slightly aggressive with them as i had my vhi to pay,rent and two bills. i have never missed a payment on anything so was concerned about that aswel. it would have ment i wouldn't have had any money at all as my standing orders had been deducted already. i wouldn't have made it through the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

This happened to me once, years ago - I'd forgotten about it until now.

In my case, someone in HR had processed a termination against the wrong person (me!) by mistake. I blew a gasket, and got the cheque that day.

TBH, this is one issue where I think employees need to be up-front, if not almost-aggressive. If they're not paying you, you may as well not bother being there.

Advertisement