Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommendation

• 16-02-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hey guys, have been studying spanish now for quite a while and don't say I'm fluent, but I am close enough. Anyway, a recommendation to anyone learning spanish, watch the motorcycle diaries or movies like this in Spanish with english subtitles, aide from learning and picking up a bunch of spanish words, it is also a great movie.

Anyone else have any recommendations for good spanish movies, with or without subtitles...??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

Hundreds of them and it's hard to name just a few, but...
    If you're into 'Diarios de motocicleta'-like genre (and I mean drama, not 'biography') I recently watched 'Los colores de la montana'. If you're into more horror-like genre, last night I saw 'Los cronocrimenes'. Some time ago there was '[Rec]'.
    There's a bunch of Almodovar movies. I'm not really huge fan of his but am eager, for instance, to watch his 'La piel que habito'.
    But the absolutely classic is, though I can't remember whose movie was it, is 'Cria cuervos'.
    And speaking of picking up Spanish words and phrases, I personally, listen to Spanish radio - rtve.es/radio and watch Spanish TV online (and tones of football with Spanish commentary, if you're into sports).
    Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭bobbaggio

sorry,only getting around to replying now! Thanks a million, love sports, so I will do this, also like listening to radio, so this works perfectly for me, currently getting cria cuervos, I will let you know how it goes! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mariotr87

La piel que habito
    Abre los ojos
    Celda 211
    REC
    Los otros
    Mientras duermes

I liked these a lot. If you like TV Series, maybe you can try with one of your liking, this is nice because you end up getting used to those particular people and accents, which might help you.

I'm not a Spanish student, I'm actually a Spanish native speaker learning English. As a recommendation, I'd watch them with subtitles in Spanish, not in English, this has helped me a lot (I used to read everything and forget about the speech...). Of course if you feel confident enough you can also turn them off completely and enjoy the movie with no subtitles!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Y tu mama también (mex)
    El secreto de tus ojos (argentina)
    Amores Perros ( mex - lots of slang i found it impossible to understand. but an unbelievable film.)
    Pan's Labyrinth (Spain) everyone probably knows this one
    Volver (Spain - Penelope Cruz : )

All excellent films, I have not done so yet but as Mario said i think it's important to watch films with Spanish subtitles not English.. otherwise it's just background noise to your reading ( for me anyway)

For radio: http://www.listenlive.eu/spain.html It has the RNE stations as Peter mentioned but the link loads the stream straight to iTunes which is very handy.

www.conversationexchange.com is great to find a language exchange partner for Skype, email or chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭UngratefulWhelp

Azuloscurocasinegro
    Nueve Reinas
    El Laberinto de Pan
    Miss Bala
    El crimen del padre Amaro

• Advertisement
Advertisement