Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New FSX PC - recommendations?

Options
  • 16-02-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭

My current system is creaking a little, with a hard disk and graphics card needing replacing, and it does struggle anyway over the big cities and sometimes with Orbx, or certain less frame-rate-friendly aircraft.

So, it's time to look at a replacement. I'm thinking along the lines of i7 3.40 with 8MB RAM and a +/- 1 GB nVidia card. While I'm at it, Ill see if there's enough left in the budget for a yoke/throttle/pedals setup. Budget +/- €2000 (fingers crossed).

I'd be grateful for any suggestions in terms of best spec, best supplier, best value etc. I would consider building a PC but I have concerns about getting everything work together up. I work in IT, but I'm far from being a hardware guru.

Input appreciated!

Stork

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

GPU: nvidia/ATI 1GB min, ideally 1.5GB+,

there is an argument elsewhere on boards about which is better/cheaper....yeah whatever.

CPU: i7 as a basis, personally I say.

screen: you will see in some Flight Sims documentation that the smallest is better so as not to incur eyestrain....yeah whatever.

RAM: ideally, as much as you can afford!

32 or 64 bit OS - 64 bit only for consideration here.

Advertisement