Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import tax from China

Options
  • 16-02-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. Im not exactly sure if this is the right area to search for the answer, but i was hoping someone could help me. I want to but something from China, and i was told that i would have to pay import tax on whatever i wanted to buy. The thing is that what i want to buy is only €20 so i was wondering do i still pay import tax on the item, and if so how much would it be? Id appreciate any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

google the taric site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

Reventon93 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Im not exactly sure if this is the right area to search for the answer, but i was hoping someone could help me. I want to but something from China, and i was told that i would have to pay import tax on whatever i wanted to buy. The thing is that what i want to buy is only €20 so i was wondering do i still pay import tax on the item, and if so how much would it be? Id appreciate any help :)

There's a whole thread about it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jane.J

Hi,
    i am a chinese in trading, as my experience, china do not charge import tax on goods which export, may you need pay VAT tax.
    VAT tax is 17%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 spoof1991

If i wanted to import some headphones for me and my friends from china what would i have to pay. I understand i will have to pay vat but for import duty do i have to pay a percentage of what i am paying or what they are worth.

The item i am importing and Beats headphones and if they cost me 50 euro but are worth 300 euro what do i pay on import duty

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭n.d.os

customs will generally email you when the item arrives into the country and ask you to pay import VAT on this item. It is 23% of the item value. They will require an online receipt you email to them with the value of the item, then they email you back to duty cost and you pay it to the postman when the item arrives. 80% of the time pacakges go straight through duties and you dont have to pay any duty. Just depends on if your package is picked out really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement