Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Crescentng ctr.

• 16-02-2012 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if theres a guy there who can reprogram car keys?

of course i mean the cresent,not the misspelling above :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Does anyone know if theres a guy there who can reprogram car keys?

of course i mean the cresent,not the misspelling above :D

there's the locksmith guy out in the crescent shopping centre alright, he fixed a lock for me here and i was asking him did they do car keys, it was himself who mentioned they do the programmable ones also... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

xsiborg wrote: »
    there's the locksmith guy out in the crescent shopping centre alright, he fixed a lock for me here and i was asking him did they do car keys, it was himself who mentioned they do the programmable ones also... :)
    Fantastic!!!!!!!!:):):) someone told me who was told by someone else there was a guy there alright,but i thought id check first.

anything is better than going to the main dealer. thanks for the rapid reply:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

read it on the shop front yesterday as I was walking by, that they programme the keys and thought that may come in handy someday! :D

It's called the Lock-Doctor. Ask for Malcolm 061 305 664. Just to be sure he can do the key you want before you go out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Des Kennedy might be able to do it for you too and he will not fleece you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Ryan's Locksmiths on Upper William St. will program car keys as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

anything is better than going to the main dealer.

I have got the LockDoctor to do car keys for me a few times, always worked fine. However he is not cheap ... I got a Nissan key a while back cheaper at the main dealer than at the locksmith. Also, he doesn't do all makes, eg couldn't do a Volvo key for me recently.

As always, shop around and check the prices !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Volvo keys can only be done by Volvo as the encripted software has to be downloaded from Volvo HQ afaik.

I think BMW/Mercedes Benz are similar these days as there is a good bit of information stored on the key unique to the car. Mine holds the car's mileage, chassis number, etc and certain other incar settings different to the spare key. I dread the day I have to get a replacement.

Advertisement