Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athy Soccer/Gym

Options
  • 16-02-2012 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Couple of questions that i need help with, just moved into the Athy are i seen a soccer club in ardrew court area, anyone know who they are? what division they play in? and any other soccer clubs in Athy?

Also in looking to get gym membership, which would you recommend K Leisure or the Abby court hotel? and which one is more busier?.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

Soccer, Fotball, Rugby and Tennis clubs are in Geraldine Park, opposite King Oil on the dublin road. Gyms, i don't know about, Carlton Abbey Hotel & Leisure gone bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭getsome

Gyms, i don't know about, Carlton Abbey Hotel & Leisure gone bust.

Gone bust? are they not open anymore? or are they closing or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

getsome wrote: »
    Gone bust? are they not open anymore? or are they closing or something?

Yep, gone into liquidation, closed on 2nd January. Even though some people had paid for annual memberships for xmas pressies. Talks that it may re-open, but the last two companies that have controlled it in the past 12 months, have both been liquidated

Yep, gone into liquidation, closed on 2nd January. Even though some people had paid for annual memberships for xmas pressies. Talks that it may re-open, but the last two companies that have controlled it in the past 12 months, have both been liquidated

Is that the both of them?

Thanks billyjames, what the weights like in there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

I used to prefer the Carlton gym as it was quieter and the air conditioning was a lot better. The other gym gets very stuffy for treadmill running. Loads of weights and machines in there though and now it's your only option.

Advertisement