Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Fries Crisps

• 16-02-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering those anybody know of a shop in Limerick you can still buy these if any one remembers them , There the same shape as chipsticks but way nicer and they were in a blue bag with a guy and a fella on the front and French fries in yellow writing can't find a pic ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You are thinking of Mini Chips(I think) available most places that stock KP Snacks.(other than the guy and girl on the front of the packet)

KP%20-%20Mini%20Chips%20-%20Real%20Potato%20Sticks%20-%20Salt%20&%20Vinegar%20Flavour.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No im not thinkin of them there still everywhere in most shops , These ones are more of a darker blue and would be around the same go as Hot lips,Banshee bones and all them cheaper crisps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

there's a guy in Flickr has loads of retro sweets/taytos here > http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonliebigstuff/sets/72157613306936875
    something there might help you.
    I thought you were talking about Walker's French Fries myself
    015720.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

A quick google tells me they're made by walkers crisps, don't know where to get them but you might be able to find a multipack of them in one of the supermarkets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Beer Baron wrote: »
    You are thinking of Mini Chips(I think) available most places that stock KP Snacks.(other than the guy and girl on the front of the packet)

KP%20-%20Mini%20Chips%20-%20Real%20Potato%20Sticks%20-%20Salt%20&%20Vinegar%20Flavour.JPG

I want I want.
    The pure power and strength of the flavour of these things
    was awesome.

Salt n vinegar Mini hula hoops in the tub (not full sized ones) tasted
    almost the same.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Beer Baron wrote: »

i want a pack of them now...i loved them, 20 years since i tasted them, i didnt think they were still in production :)

Oh them walkers ones are terrible im almost sure there made by Perri , But these are definitly Irish only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Feehan's Foodstore in Thomondgate have these every so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i remember the ones you're talking about OP, in more like a dark blue pack and they werent as solid or as small as chipsticks, i haven't seen them though in about 20 years and i honestly cant remember who made them, but i doubt they could be got anywhere these days, i think they were onion flavor as i too remember the french guy drawn with the same blue outline as the pack, and it wasnt mr. perri or sam spudz... :(

i think your closest bet nowadays with regard to texture and flavor at least, would be 'onion rings' or 'meanies' i think they're called, in a flourescent green pack... :(

Yeah thats them all right , It's a balls because at least if i could remember the makers of them i could ask the rep that comes into our shop whats the story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Yeah thats them all right , It's a balls because at least if i could remember the makers of them i could ask the rep that comes into our shop whats the story

The fine folks over on the Retro section of boards are likely to be able to help ya!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=253

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jenner28

you can buy them in superdrug, and also you can get multipacks in Dealz too, I love them :D

Is that the proper ones not walkers ones like

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭homer.j

HMMMMMMMM French Fries!!!

If memory serves me correctly were these manufactured by Mr Perri/Perri. Whilst not being from the french fries packet, is this the fella/corporate logo that used to be on the french fries bag.

A google reveals perri were taken over by largo foods (tayto, hunky dorys) but their brands do not include french fries.

He's similar but its not him i remember it was guy in a beret with a like basil faulty mustache lol , By the way i was in dealz yesterday and bought a multipack of the walkers ones, all i can say is puke lol brought them out to my 3 nephews and they even hated them ,And the same three would almost eat **** if you gave to them lol, I did get a pack of Sam Spudz onion rings though and there bloody lovely ! Still no joy on proper French Fries though :( heading into Musgraves tuesday thats probaly the last chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,143 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Is this them?

121.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

that's exactly them, but in a different packaging, the packaging back then was dark blue, with the little fat french guy with a beret as brian says and i think holding out an onion with a string of onions around his neck... :)

Yeah think thats them alright where did ya see that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 naynay93

jenner28 wrote: »
    you can buy them in superdrug, and also you can get multipacks in Dealz too, I love them :D

Do you know the name of these crisps I'm Dien to find a picture of them an I do remember them the packet an all I can't remember who made them they wore so good bacon flavour just like chip sticks but thicker please tell me the name

• Registered Users Posts: 12 naynay93

Hey just wondering those anybody know of a shop in Limerick you can still buy these if any one remembers them , There the same shape as chipsticks but way nicer and they were in a blue bag with a guy and a fella on the front and French fries in yellow writing can't find a pic ?
    Have you found out the name of them i can't find a pic anywhere I dont know who made them but I remember the packet the people on the front were chip sticks an eating at a table

• Advertisement
Advertisement