Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harveys Burgular alarm wont stop going off

Options
  • 16-02-2012 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

The Burgular alarm has gone off all night the past two nights and is now going off again very loud for the last 3 hours and it does not look like they are opening tonight. I have called the guards and they said there is nothing they can do I can barely hear my television from my sitting room and this is going to go on all night is there anything I can do????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

deisedave wrote: »
    The Burgular alarm has gone off all night the past two nights and is now going off again very loud for the last 3 hours and it does not look like they are opening tonight. I have called the guards and they said there is nothing they can do I can barely hear my television from my sitting room and this is going to go on all night is there anything I can do????

1st world problems eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Have you considered moving? Im being serious i know it doesnt help your situation at the moment.
    You've been on here countless times given out various issues, i know you shouldnt have to but as your renting(?) do not have the option to move?
    Again i know it doesnt help your current situation but surely it better for you in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Break in to the place. They won't be checking anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Swampy wrote: »

Great minds think alike.

Keg of carlsberg for me please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Swampy wrote: »

I know the person I am renting off and cant afford to move at the moment but that is not helpfull much at the moment, plus I will be moving as soon as I can I am moving probably in the summer but should the whole street up and move because of an inconsiderate pub owner? A good few people who live on this street own their houses and have lived here for decades, there are some old people living here and its not fair they have to listen to a burgular alarm go off for hours and sometimes days on end :o

What do you mean first world problems I cant hear anything in my sitting room its that loud how is me wanting some quite in my sitting room wrong.

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    Great minds think alike.

Keg of carlsberg for me please.

Carlsberg drinking warm piss would taste better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Could you ring anonymously and say you can see people inside/round the back with flashlights. They wont be long coming round then. Surely they would have to get in themselves to check it out, and contact the owner as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ok so. Ill refill the keg when I'm finished and you can take it away with ya :)

wobbles wrote: »
    Could you ring anonymously and say you can see people inside/round the back with flashlights. They wont be long coming round then. Surely they would have to get in themselves to check it out, and contact the owner as well

The guards just told me they will contact the owner hopefully he will come down and turn it off but I cant see it being that simple, the alarm is so annoying I used to hate the drunk people but now the drunk chants sort of works like a lullaby and sends me to sleep :D

The reason it is really annoying me now is because my partner is really sick and cant get to sleep because of it, which should not happen if this was happening anywhere else it would be stopped but because its in town people dont complain as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I'll take you on your word on that one.:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

If they dont turn it off can they be brought up for disturbance of the peace or something? Surely , something can be done. theres abviously something setting the alarm off. maybe one of the censors is damaged or the like. id be cracking up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Ring Bank of Scotland tomorrow as they own Harvey's now.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Ring Bank of Scotland tomorrow as they own Harvey's now.

Or ring David Cameron, as They own bank of Scotland, vicious circle.

If its annoyin you that much its nothin a ladder and a can of expanding foam wouldn't sort out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

If an alarm is faulty and sounds for longer then 20min on outside box you can contact tha cops and if as you say they no good contact your local council... Noise polution. Another way would be to disable the outer alarm box. Get some young lad go up ladder with hammer few bangs job done..
    Or get a solicitor to write a letter to the owner...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Tap of the hammer as father ted once said will take it right out be as good as new or there abouts:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

maybe harveys saw your tag and said they,d do battle with ya for saying there a rip off and see who crumbles first lol

Still going on, the guards said they can do nothing and they said they keep trying to reach the owner but he turned his phone off. I am actually going crazy here and its not only me half of the street is cracking up I think I will have to go and see a solicitor tomorrow.

I would just break the damn box but the street is way to busy to get away with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Has it actually being going off all night? :eek: It was going when I went into work at nine and still going when I left twenty minutes ago. That's fucking ridiculous. Seriously just break the thing, neither the guards or the owners care apparently.

Adyx wrote: »
    Has it actually being going off all night? :eek: It was going when I went into work at nine and still going when I left twenty minutes ago. That's fucking ridiculous. Seriously just break the thing, neither the guards or the owners care apparently.

Yeah I just rang the guards there again and according to them the scumbag owner said he turned if off already, when I rang them they sounded surprised it was still going. They are now calling him again :rolleyes:

I have shown the most patience I have ever shown to not go over and just rip it off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

KevIRL wrote: »
    1st world problems eh?

We should transport it to your garden. I'm sure it wont be long before your 3rd world conscience capitulates to the capitalist-pig detestation on noise.

• Advertisement

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    We should transport it to your garden. I'm sure it wont be long before your 3rd world conscience capitulates to the capitalist-pig detestation on noise.

Sure he is fast asleep in bed now while I cant sleep because of my first world problem :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I would just break the damn box but the street is way to busy to get away with that.
    Wear a hi viz vest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Pm sent DeiseDave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Its not the only alarm bell was ignored in that establishment!!!!!!!!

Its off and the alarm company said they have fixed the problem apparently cats were setting it off. I rang the council and made a complaint as well, hopefully it might close down soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

i like warm piss :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

Call the NECL / EPA - it is classed as noise pollution, they will pass it on to the local authorities, but due to the EPA handling it their will be something done.

Kracken wrote: »
    Call the NECL / EPA - it is classed as noise pollution, they will pass it on to the local authorities, but due to the EPA handling it their will be something done.

I have already contacted the council and their alarm company so hopefully it wont happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

Still going on, the guards said they can do nothing and they said they keep trying to reach the owner but he turned his phone off. I am actually going crazy here and its not only me half of the street is cracking up I think I will have to go and see a solicitor tomorrow.

The EN50131 standard for external bells sets the maximum duration for 15 minutes. This is only for alarms fitted from September 2003. There was meant to be a new law to cover all alarm systems but as yet it has not come about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

this has already gone on for two nights...

have you made a trip to the shop and spoken to the manager?
    what was the response?

Advertisement