Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harveys Burgular alarm wont stop going off

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

deisedave wrote: »
    Its off and the alarm company said they have fixed the problem apparently cats were setting it off. I rang the council and made a complaint as well, hopefully it might close down soon :)
    I'm glad you hope to see another 20 or 30 people out of work just because there was a problem with an alarm.just shows what type if person you are really doesn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Mooley22 wrote: »
    I'm glad you hope to see another 20 or 30 people out of work just because there was a problem with an alarm.just shows what type if person you are really doesn't it.

Honestly its harveys own fault for their rip off prices and the way they operated over the last five years, but I am not here to discuss jobs and my problem got sorted in the end.

Thanks for all the helpfull advice and suggestions from everyone, ye were all very helpfull.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

DD.
    I think your comment about Harvey's closeing down was very selfish and showed no concern for people who are working there.I hope the ALARM ring's loud this weekend just for you.Do you have a job.

DD.
    I think your comment about Harvey's closeing down was very selfish and showed no concern for people who are working there.I hope the ALARM ring's loud this weekend just for you.Do you have a job.
    Would I be up at this hour if I didnt ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

DD.
    I think your comment about Harvey's closeing down was very selfish and showed no concern for people who are working there.

I think that the only selfish ones here are the guys in Harveys who are constantly allowing this to happen, turning the phone of when the alarm is goin off?? So I can understand why the OP is bothered about them, especially if he is being kept up till all hours because a shower of gangsters who have contributed nothing to the local environment other that mediocore paid work, drunken heads at all hours of the morning spilling onto the street knocking on these peoples doors, roaring and shouting, fighting and being generally anti social
    Do you have a job.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with anything, so if DD has a job he should gladly sit in his front room when there is noise pollution outside safe in the knowledge that he at least has a job, and even though Harveys are affecting him being able to sleep and get up for it at least they are providing employment, so its a comfort that even though he has to sacrifice his sleep the employees in harveys can all go home to their respective houses at whatever hour and get into bed and get there nights sleep undisturbed

• Advertisement

If DD was living there before Harvey's opened he could have objected to their planning.If he moved in after they opened he should have known better or as the American's say "Tough Siht".We only have his word saying the alarm was going off for such long peroid's.He appear's to have a personal dislike toward's the owner's for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

If DD was living there before Harvey's opened he could have objected to their planning.If he moved in after they opened he should have known better or as the American's say "Tough Siht".We only have his word saying the alarm was going off for such long peroid's.He appear's to have a personal dislike toward's the owner's for some reason.

It's a legal principle that you can't argue that someone simply came to a nuisance. In other words, the disturbance was already there and you moved to the area afterwards. That doesn't hold weight, for good reason.

Do you honestly not think it's very plausible that alarms are left going off for ages? I used to have the same problem with a pub next to my house. It happens.

We only have his word saying the alarm was going off for such long peroid's.

well Adyx has also said it here aswell
    Adyx wrote: »
    Has it actually being going off all night? :eek: It was going when I went into work at nine and still going when I left twenty minutes ago.

and the guards and owner also acknoweldged it
    Yeah I just rang the guards there again and according to them the scumbag owner said he turned if off already, when I rang them they sounded surprised it was still going. They are now calling him again :rolleyes:

If DD was living there before Harvey's opened he could have objected to their planning.If he moved in after they opened he should have known better or as the American's say "Tough Siht".
    And what about the other elderly people living on this street? These house where here before Harveys late night bar
    "Tough Siht"
    Well we're not in america are we.

well Adyx has also said it here aswell

and the guards and owner also acknoweldged it

And what about the other elderly people living on this street? These house where here before Harveys late night bar

Well we're not in america are we.

The Guard's and owner's acknoweldgement is hearsay here.
    Resident's affected in anyway have the right to object to the granting of exemptions in the local court,if they feel strongly enough about the problem.
    As for not being in America.Very observant of you.Well done

I have a personal dislike because of the way the manager treated me when I made a complaint to him, any time I have a problem with the place I am pretty much told to fcuk off ;) But you obviously work in there:p I know the person who owns the house I rent and Manor street is a resedential area so I think the sacrifice of a few jobs is well worth the street getting a bit of peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

DD.
    .Do you have a job.

What concern of yours is that ?
    People have the right to live in peace and quite, if DD has to get up for work in the morning it makes the situation worse.

Other posters here have also made the point about elderly residents who I am sure are also affected by the noise.
    An alarm going of continuously is a major interference to people's right to peace and quite, your tough Sh!t comment is pure ignorance and blatant trolling.

The Guard's and owner's acknoweldgement is hearsay here.
    Resident's affected in anyway have the right to object to the granting of exemptions in the local court,if they feel strongly enough about the problem.
    As for not being in America.Very observant of you.Well done
    Anyone who drove past or lives on the street would of heard it so its not hearsay and you obviously must work there the way you are argueing.

Nypd wrote: »
    What concern of yours is that ?
    People have the right to live in peace and quite, if DD has to get up for work in the morning it makes the situation worse.

Other posters here have also made the point about elderly residents who I am sure are also affected by the noise.
    An alarm going of continuously is a major interference to people's right to peace and quite, your tough Sh!t comment is pure ignorance and blatant trolling.
    Exactly people on Manor street have a right to sleep and not have their car and house vandilised. If people were taking drugs and doing this stuff their would be murder but when its alcohol everyone says people will be unemployed, that really makes my mind boggle to be honest. People have a right to peace and quite if someone wants to operate a business it is their responsibility to ensure they dont disturb the peace.

I have a personal dislike because of the way the manager treated me when I made a complaint to him, any time I have a problem with the place I am pretty much told to fcuk off ;) But you obviously work in there:p I know the person who owns the house I rent and Manor street is a resedential area so I think the sacrifice of a few jobs is well worth the street getting a bit of peace.
    Yes that's fair isn't more people out of work and on the dole but it's ok once DD gets peace and quiet.if it's not Harveys it will be another bar open there and you will have the same issues so just go about your own business rather then sitting at home hoping people lose their jobs.

Yes that's fair isn't more people out of work and on the dole but it's ok once DD gets peace and quiet.if it's not Harveys it will be another bar open there and you will have the same issues so just go about your own business rather then sitting at home hoping people lose their jobs.
    I am not at home but okay :confused:

Might you be a bit cranky because you work there and if I got my way where you work would close down. But yeah I have no bad feelings towards the normal workers there or anything but if anyone living on Manor Street had their way Harveys would close down it is not just me. But if they do close down I wish you all the best in finding other employment.

I am not at home but okay :confused:
    It's doesn't matter whether Harveys is there or not.you live in between where all the main pubs are and all the main student accomadation is so as long as you live there you will always have drunken people and anti social behavior outside your house.if you expected peace and quiet living that close to so many night clubs and late bars well you were a bit naive weren't you

Might you be a bit cranky because you work there and if I got my way where you work would close down. But yeah I have no bad feelings towards the normal workers there or anything but if anyone living on Manor Street had their way Harveys would close down it is not just me. But if they do close down I wish you all the best in finding other employment.
    I never denied I work there.but if you have a problem with a manager just hope there ends up being a new manager rather then hoping the whole place closes and people lose there jobs and income.

I never denied I work there.but if you have a problem with a manager just hope there ends up being a new manager rather then hoping the whole place closes and people lose there jobs and income.
    If it closes down another place will open up and there will be jobs in there, it just be run by the same people who just dont give a crap about the residents. I actually have no problem with the drunks really its some nights when the music is really loud, the alarm, or a student night. But there is a few ignorant people involved with Harveys I wont say any names on here. I found them rude even before I moved to where I did by the way.

If it closes down another place will open up and there will be jobs in there, it just be run by the same people who just dont give a crap about the residents. I actually have no problem with the drunks really its some nights when the music is really loud, the alarm, or a student night. But there is a few ignorant people involved with Harveys I wont say any names on here. I found them rude even before I moved to where I did by the way.
    Is it not ignorant of you to be hoping people lose their jobs so you can have peace and quiet?

• Advertisement

So you did'nt get your way when you met the manager and know you want the place closed,well with an attitude like that I'm surprised you stopped there,why not ban all traffic including pedestrian on manor street from say 10pm to 6am,subject to your approvel of course.I do not work there and would not have a high opinion of previous owner's but a lot of people earn a LIVING there which they are entitled to do.

So you did'nt get your way when you met the manager and know you want the place closed,well with an attitude like that I'm surprised you stopped there,why not ban all traffic including pedestrian on manor street from say 10pm to 6am,subject to your approvel of course.I do not work there and would not have a high opinion of previous owner's but a lot of people earn a LIVING there which they are entitled to do.

And DD is entitled to a decent nights sleep, so you can oversensationalize all you want but at the end of the day whatever exemptions/licences harveys get it dosen't give them the freedom to treat Manor street as they see fit, so if their alarm is affecting the local environment they have a responsibility to make sure it is shut off within a reasonable time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Excuse my ignorance but is Harveys not in receivership? and if so the receiver is the de facto owner of Harveys nightclub now, not any other persons alluded to in a very derrogatory manner earlier.
    The receiver is the keyholder and his reps.. the manager.
    just for clarity.
    WB2

Anyway the original reason for this thread was the alarm and that is sorted thanks anyone that helped on this thread or by pm. I really dont think arguing with people who work in harveys will help me or them, but even tho I will be happy if the place closes down I wish all the staff the best.

End of the day we are going to care about me and my partners homelife, property and sleep before we are going to care about some strangers job, situations reversed anyone would feel the same and the majority of the street feels the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

it seems that the management of harveys could,nt give a toss about local residents and the fact that there faulty alarm was sounding for hours causing a nuisance and noise pollution, why should you or giles care ye don,t live on the manor while deisedave does and had to put up with it because of a selfish manager who just could,nt be arsed to go sort the problem and let it carry on!!!he has every right to be pissed off coz i know i,d be!!!

Advertisement