Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Graded Meets - Change of Venue

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Sacksian wrote: »
    He flew off and I just motored around at a pace I felt I wouldn't blow up at, or worry my hamstring, but ended up passing people on lap 2 to finish 2nd although I think I was a bit behind the guy in front - will know by how much when the results go up. Can't remember but I guess it could be 6-7 seconds.

Anyway, loved my first experience of track running and would love to try another few - shame the graded meets are the only opportunity.
    Nicely done! Sounds like you merited your spot in grade C in the end. So the race didn't start till 9pm? The few graded meets I've been to typically have run late, but only by 10 minutes or so. It seems things got screwed up by an IT system failure. There are other track events taking place, but you have to dig to find them. If you're a master, there's the Masters T&F in Tullamore in August.

RayCun wrote: »
    BHAA have a mile race in August in Irishtown
    http://bhaa.ie/events/bhaa-mile-2013/
    Bros Pearce seemed to be doing well, with a number of runners competing in different events and performing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Men's 5k tonight should be interesting - wonder if the cash prize will bring a lot of clubs out?

Could be a good field.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Sacksian wrote: »
    Men's 5k tonight should be interesting - wonder if the cash prize will bring a lot of clubs out?

Could be a good field.

Travers won the A race in 13 mins 56 seconds. A1 race was won in 15 mins 27, lad from Dunboyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

walshb wrote: »
    Travers won the A race in 13 mins 56 seconds. A1 race was won in 15 mins 27, lad from Dunboyne.

It was an incredible race from him. 61 second last lap. Phenomenal stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Fantastic race by Travers, the whole meeting was great also, having the sponsors prizes for the 5ks was certainly a good move. 56 men in total in the 800m was great to see, any of the graded I've been to this year have been top notch, well done to the Dublin Co Board for upping their game!

Bagged a win in my 800m race also, fraction off a PB which was a shock as work has got in the way of training lately. Few of the clubmates got big pbs aswell so happy all around!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It was an incredible race from him. 61 second last lap. Phenomenal stuff.

Yes, indeed. Great big cheer as he ran the last 30-40 metres to break 14 mins. I didn't think he'd do it. Crosed the line with a lap to go at 12 mins 55 secs. I was thinking a 66/67 last lap to just miss 14 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

I notice theres a Masters Mile in the Graded T&F in Tallaght this Wednesday. For Track, does Over 35 count as Masters? I know it does for the provinicial/national masters events anyway but I know road races are normally Over 40.

Also, do you have to be an AAI member to run in the Graded Meets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Gringo78 wrote: »
    I notice theres a Masters Mile in the Graded T&F in Tallaght this Wednesday. For Track, does Over 35 count as Masters? I know it does for the provinicial/national masters events anyway but I know road races are normally Over 40.

Also, do you have to be an AAI member to run in the Graded Meets?

According to the booklet on the website:
    Athletes must be registered with A.A.I and may be asked to produce a registration card.

I can't see anything about masters age-groups, however AAI standard is O35 = masters.

Anyone else planning to do this?

I'll be doing the 1500m alright tonight there, thankfully masters is afew years away for me yet ha!

• Advertisement

Huge fields in the mens 800s tonight, graded really have improved and grown this year! Shame it was the last one as I'm still running well, but guess the track season has to end sometime!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Timmaay wrote: »
    Huge fields in the mens 800s tonight, graded really have improved and grown this year! Shame it was the last one as I'm still running well, but guess the track season has to end sometime!

It was my first time running them this year. I managed to make three or four events and really enjoyed them. Great scope to try your hand at some different distances. Will definitely be back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I know there is a BHAA event next week, but apart from that are there any other track events open to the public between now and next summer?

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    I know there is a BHAA event next week, but apart from that are there any other track events open to the public between now and next summer?
    Not sure how old you are, but there is a masters event in Tullamore on the 17th August.
    Entry Guide.
    Online Entry.
    Timetable.

Goal mile races at Christmas, alsaa have a winter track season also, some of the clubs do put on off season races also.

Advertisement